Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 06:01 PM

228 posts, read 112,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the problem is that YOU dont get it. yes our government is corrupt, but then we will NEVER have a perfect government because we have one problem, we elect human beings to office, and no human being is perfect, and thus ALL human beings are corruptible.

as the saying goes, "power corrupts. and absolute power corrupts absolutely".
Smh

What a cop out and defeatist attitude.

Had to break it to you, but there are some honest people in the world.

Additionally, what you said is the whole point of making it illegal for said practices to take place.

Impose hefty penalties for said crimes.

Until then I don't want to hear about "power corrupts".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 07:04 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medellin Paisa View Post
Smh

What a cop out and defeatist attitude.

Had to break it to you, but there are some honest people in the world.

Additionally, what you said is the whole point of making it illegal for said practices to take place.

Impose hefty penalties for said crimes.

Until then I don't want to hear about "power corrupts".
in other words you are just going to stick your head in the sand and hope that honest people who are incorruptible will just pop up and run for office. the problem is that no one wants incorruptible people to run for office.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
in other words you are just going to stick your head in the sand and hope that honest people who are incorruptible will just pop up and run for office. the problem is that no one wants incorruptible people to run for office.
No, I am not hoping for nothing. There is nothing to hope for. I simply choose not to worry about or play this dog and poney show game.

Politics have been corrupt since the dawn of time and will remain that way until the end of time.

No one wants an honest non corrupt politician?!? Pass what your smoking lol

Old 03-02-2016, 07:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
No, I am not hoping for nothing. There is nothing to hope for. I simply choose not to worry about or play this dog and poney show game.

Politics have been corrupt since the dawn of time and will remain that way until the end of time.

No one wants an honest non corrupt politician?!? Pass what your smoking lol
if the people wanted honest incorruptible politicians, then theyh would elect them to office rather that elect people like the clintons, obama, and just about everyone else that has held public office.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
if the people wanted honest incorruptible politicians, then theyh would elect them to office rather that elect people like the clintons, obama, and just about everyone else that has held public office.
Wrong.

How would one know who is corrupt and who isn't?

How would one know who would/could become corrupt after taking office?

Most people are simply ignorant to the system, game, and corruption.

They don't even stop to think about anything other than what they see on the news.

I guarantee more than half the population doesn't even know who the Bilderberg Group is.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:13 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
88% of the seats in Congress are up for re-election this year.

VOTE.THEM.OUT!

Old 03-02-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
88% of the seats in Congress are up for re-election this year.

VOTE.THEM.OUT!
You dont get it do?

Perfect illustration of people being sheep.

The system is corrupt. It breeds corruption. You vote them out and they are replaced by a different corrupt politician.

Money is king.

Cant fight this problem without removing the money.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:32 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
You dont get it do?

The system is corrupt. It breeds corruption. You vote them out and they are replaced by a different corrupt politician.

Money is king.

Cant fight this problem without removing the money.
Oh I agree but a major problem is still people sending their politicians back and back to office even when their corruption is proven or obvious. Citizens United has to be overturned and honestly lobbyists banned.

The media is the other side of the issue. 90% of it is controlled by 6 nationless corporations and people are heavily influenced by it. It's littered with propaganda and lies. Thank God for the internet and millenials IMO. I am optimistic for the future.

And yes money is King. The Federal Reserve should be nationalized and their "too big to fail" banks broken up to pieces.

Old 03-02-2016, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Oh I agree but a major problem is still people sending their politicians back and back to office even when their corruption is proven or obvious. Citizens United has to be overturned and honestly lobbyists banned.

Does it matter? No. The politicians are gonna be corrupt no matter if you vote them out or not. All you are doing is replacing one bad apple for another. Politicians and Big Money don't make it obvious. Donations are perfectly legal in our political system. You simply got to use common sense. No point in mentioning voting out politicians when the system is set to breed corruption. Putting the cart before the horse.

The media is the other side of the issue. 90% of it is controlled by 6 nationless corporations and people are heavily influenced by it. It's littered with propaganda and lies. Thank God for the internet and millenials IMO. I am optimistic for the future.

Big Money controls everything Sir.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies