Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 01:02 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Why don't THE DEATHS IN CHICAGO draw more protesters? Free speech has to be protested against, but DEATH is OK?

The lefties seem to have their priorities significantly f*cked up. /SMH

Old 03-12-2016, 01:58 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Me, too. 90% of the African slaves shipped to the New World were captured and sold into slavery by other Africans.
Actually, since there's no way to verify that number, it could be even higher!

You've truly demonstrated that BOTH blacks & whites were complicit in the slave trade.

Well done.

Old 03-12-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post

You've truly demonstrated that BOTH blacks & whites were complicit in the slave trade.
I don't see how. Which White African tribes captured other Africans and sold them into slavery? List them.

If Africans hadn't captured other Africans and sold them into slavery, African slavery in America wouldn't have happened.

Just like if the drunk driver in this accident had not gotten behind the wheel and driven his car, this accident wouldn't have happened:

NC man charged with felony DUI in Florence ambulance crash - SCNow: Local News

Old 03-12-2016, 02:27 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
I don't see how.
That's weird. You kept mentioning experts. I quoted your expert.

Henry Louis Gates, Jr. suggests that we

Quote:
...publicly attribute responsibility and culpability where they truly belong, to white people and black people,
on both sides of the Atlantic, complicit alike in one of the greatest evils in the history of civilization.
In that regard, you've been persistent.

Again - good job!

Old 03-12-2016, 07:57 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,870 times
Quote:
Why don't THE DEATHS IN CHICAGO draw more protesters? Free speech has to be protested against, but DEATH is OK?

The lefties seem to have their priorities significantly f*cked up. /SMH
The link updates. More shootings occured during the day.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:34 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,287 times
I agree and let's keep it at black america. You can't have a black lives matter where everything is hunkydory. Every group of people have issues. So if blacks demonstrate outrage, it must come from somewhere, it must be addressed and tended to.

Let's not play this, "well, I have never seen it" or the worse one, "it's not all black people". Beech please! Black people call each other out all the time. The one way to get anything done in life is to acknowledge it.

Russians and eastern Europeans wear black leather jackets in the winter same way as black folk are loud and love them some air jordans and rims, as well as mexicans love them some gardening and some tacos. Oh, and the same way Okinawans love them some dark skinned GI...

Love and appreciate the good along with the bad.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
In that regard, you've been persistent.
Yep... If Africans hadn't captured other Africans and sold them into slavery, African slavery in America wouldn't have happened.

Just like if the drunk driver in this accident had not gotten behind the wheel and driven his car, this accident wouldn't have happened:

NC man charged with felony DUI in Florence ambulance crash - SCNow: Local News

Old 03-13-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
The link updates. More shootings occurred during the day.
Of course, it updates. And of course, there will be MORE shootings. Frankly, I'm stumped as to why Chicago Black on Black KILLINGS aren't being protested, while a political candidate who may not even be elected, is. WTF is wrong with liberals? Politics matters MORE to them than Black LIVES?!? That's DESPICABLE!

Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 PM

73,006 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Agreed. Black Americans are no more addicted to outrage than White Americans. As evidenced here in this very thread. If there is anything to be said that might be more meaningful, it is that Black Americans have more historical & legitimate reasons for anger & distrust.

Displaced anger resulting in hysterical outrage is another story. Also, as evidenced here.
Well, this is how I see it. There is alot is anger and distrust between different ethnicities. I'm seeing outrage all over. Some of the bigots attracted to Trump rallies is evidence of this.

Old 03-13-2016, 01:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:

Well done.
Most of those so-called "whites" were Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies