Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 03:09 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually your argument is with the Dictionary - not the main stream media. You do not have to be legal to be an immigrant. Even if the right wing wishes it.
What does that have to do with anything, much less the topic of this thread?
They are illegal aliens if they come into this country without a proper passport or applied for status to work, get educated, etc.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2018, 04:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
I support DACA and the like only if they are illegal aliens who have made an effort to get at least a visa, are trying to keep a steady job, have not been deported, lack any violent felonies, etc.

Old 04-04-2018, 05:54 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
They are illegal aliens if they come into this country without a proper passport or applied for status to work, get educated, etc.

`
Actual DACA recipients are legal. And whether illegal or legal they are still immigrants. Children brought in are not criminal though they are deport-able...

Old 04-04-2018, 06:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

-Illegally entering the country is a crime

Why is annews channel starting out with "Immigrants" instead of "Illegal Aliens".... but we know this channel leaning towards the left so that will probably be the answer.
#1 - Start your own blog or news channel. It's a free country.
#2 - overstaying a visa (visit) is:
" unlawful presence itself, such as by overstaying a visa, is not a criminal offense, but only a civil ground of inadmissibility"
#3 - What the heck would small and BIG business do without workers? (Note - it's a plain fact that many businesses which are GOP and "conservative" have lots of undocumented workers)

Note - this is very simple and I don't understand "haters" not being able to understand English.

I will give a simple example at 6th grade level in order to help the many here who need some education into our system.

Now - please....read and listen closely. This is VERY easy.

English and Journalism Lecture #267 - for students entering middle school:

Q: If a person stands out in the street in front of 50 people, including a few lawyers, judges and cops...and takes a gun and murders 2 people in cold blood...what will the news report that night say?

A: It will say "the alleged shooter".

Now, the OP and others who agree with the OP can probably learn the lesson from that example. Why would they say "alleged"? I mean - it's on security cameras and 50 honest people (including LE) saw it happen...right?

But they say "alleged".
Now, go back and watch TV and yell at it when they don't say, as you appear to want them to:

The GUILTY MURDERER WHO KILLED THOSE PEOPLE (and, BTW, deserves to be lynched and hung) was reportedly (why use "reportedly", don't they know?) a very angry and unstable person.

I hope y'all learned something from this example. In this country - and in the true art of journalism, we don't convict people on hearsay nor on 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand information. Rather we leave that to the courts, etc.

If any of you want to pursue a law degree, be my guest. Then you can help convict criminals.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:11 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:

`
And do you know all these people personally and know the situation backwards and forwards? Or are you just another one yelling at the TV.

Please see my post above about the way our country - and journalists - work.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:53 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
#1 - Start your own blog or news channel. It's a free country.
#2 - overstaying a visa (visit) is:
" unlawful presence itself, such as by overstaying a visa, is not a criminal offense, but only a civil ground of inadmissibility"
#3 - What the heck would small and BIG business do without workers? (Note - it's a plain fact that many businesses which are GOP and "conservative" have lots of undocumented workers)

Note - this is very simple and I don't understand "haters" not being able to understand English.

I will give a simple example at 6th grade level in order to help the many here who need some education into our system.

Now - please....read and listen closely. This is VERY easy.

English and Journalism Lecture #267 - for students entering middle school:

Q: If a person stands out in the street in front of 50 people, including a few lawyers, judges and cops...and takes a gun and murders 2 people in cold blood...what will the news report that night say?

A: It will say "the alleged shooter".

Now, the OP and others who agree with the OP can probably learn the lesson from that example. Why would they say "alleged"? I mean - it's on security cameras and 50 honest people (including LE) saw it happen...right?

But they say "alleged".
Now, go back and watch TV and yell at it when they don't say, as you appear to want them to:

The GUILTY MURDERER WHO KILLED THOSE PEOPLE (and, BTW, deserves to be lynched and hung) was reportedly (why use "reportedly", don't they know?) a very angry and unstable person.

I hope y'all learned something from this example. In this country - and in the true art of journalism, we don't convict people on hearsay nor on 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand information. Rather we leave that to the courts, etc.

If any of you want to pursue a law degree, be my guest. Then you can help convict criminals.
Reply to your #1- since you say it is a free country then shut up and let people who you don’t agree with, also have freedom of speech in this Country.

Not all of us have to agree with illegal aliens and I’m strongly against illegally entering.

We came here in a legal way, never used the government and for sure never abused the system. We paid the fees that come with legal immigration and we never demanded to get something like illegals nowadays seem to feel Entitled to get.

I understand that many kids can’t be held responsible for being brought here illegally, but their parents should leave. They committed a crime and should go back and enter legally after their ban is over. I’m in favor of a second chance but not in favor of anyone skipping the line.

The system is so back logged, just for legal immigration alone and that needs to be resolved first.

Since when should we applaud illegal behavior over legal actions!

I didn’t even read the rest of your post as number one was clear that you feel entitled to your opinion and someone who you don’t agree with has to shut up! Too bad, I live here and came legally and went through the system to be able to make sure everything was done correctly and to respect the laws of the country that I love!

Old 04-06-2018, 01:28 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
From the news article:
Quote:
Housing Authority officials said they were contacted by the USDA about claims that a resident at the complex was using a counterfeit social security number. That social security number was also being used by nine other people in the country. That tip lead to an all-out investigation.
An indication of the crime and defrauding taxpayers committed by illegal aliens on a massive scale.

Track them down by those fake/stolen SS#s and deport them.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:30 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

`

Exactly! No where in our immigration law lingo are illegal aliens referred to as plain ole immigrants. Immigrants come here legally. Illegal aliens do not. Illegal alien is the immigration law term for those in our country illegally. The lefty liberals and ethnocentrics try to blur the lines between a legal immigrant and an illegal alien by just calling them all just plain ole immigrants. It's done on purpose. Either that or they call them "undocumented" the PC term which isn't in our immigration law lingo either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies