Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2016, 03:28 PM

89,012 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am a parent, I base school decisions for my children on a variety of measures such as...

Curriculum used at the school (I go to the school and look at the books, I request the lessons plans from he previous school year that my child is entering that particular grade)
Credentials and experience of the teachers (I review certifications of teachers of my children, especially my youngest who is elemetary aged. I ask other teachers about that teacher, the principal and other parents. I also luckily am from a family of educators so many of my trusted former school teacher/administrator family members give me the low down on teachers as a result)

Test scores (based on our state standardized test and on nationally normed test like MAP and ACT/SAT, my son is in high school, his school is one of the best schools in the country based on various online databases like US News primarily due to high proficiency of graduates in math, reading and ACT/SAT scores)
Is it ranked in the US News Top 100?

Quote:
ETA: I wills state I looked at your former post with links. Like always, you seem to believe that one standardized test is indicative of a good quality education.
There's a reason for that, and it has to do with the extensive analysis (over 230,000 students at 214 colleges and universities) that was done to determine the benchmark scores required to reflect adequate academic preparation to take freshman level classes in college:

https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/...benchmarks.pdf

Quote:
As an educated parent, I know that that is not the case, however, my son's high school requires all of their 11th graders to take the ACT. Due to having an outstanding curriculum, their students do well on all the tests that they take.
What's the school's students' average ACT Composite score?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 03:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
AA is the systematic racism against whites and Asians unless you are blind.

Please name one systematic racism against black.
White women are the biggest beneficiaries of AA. So no, it's not systemic racism against whites because it benefits them more than anyone else.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
White women are the biggest beneficiaries of AA. So no, it's not systemic racism against whites because it benefits them more than anyone else.
Please provide your evidences.

Regardless, AA is systematic racism and should be stopped.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:46 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Get over it. Hundreds of years of Wrongs have to be set right, and slavery, Jim Crow and decades of institutional racism lasted far longer than AA has till this point.

That might make you mad, but I've got nothing to do with that.
So one previous racism justifies current racism?

Racism is wrong, regardless whom is the target. Anybody disagrees with that is a racist!

Old 03-17-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Here's the report to show the countries of origin for the estimated illegal immigrants. Do you see African countries listed there? Why not?

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi..._pe_2011_0.pdf

You think, the enormous amount of illegal immigrants in our country is no threat to Black people or people in general?

Who's going to pay for their education, health care, welfare, unemployment, food stamps...? Our government currently has 17 trillion debt if you haven't noticed. Even if we could, why should we? Shouldn't we use our money more wisely like looking after our own citizens first?

How does that enormous amount of illegal immigrants impact our job market? Given blacks are amount the highest unemployed, would you not think the illegals would threaten the jobs available to blacks?
Nice try. I am well aware of where the largest groups of illegal immigrants originate. That does not change the fact that amnesty affects some people of African descent. And FYI, people of African descent have live in nations outside of Africa as well, including nations in South America.

As a first generation American of African descent, I am not threatened by illegals. In fact, I know not one legal immigrant or first-gen of African descent in my family or otherwise who feels at all threatened in terms of their career due to illegal immigration.

AGAIN, my point is to stop acting as though there are not immigrants of African descent, legal or illegal. Stop acting as though one cannot be Latino and of African descent. People of African descent are more diverse and consider more issues than many of your minds grasp.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Please provide your evidences.

Regardless, AA is systematic racism and should be stopped.
Sorry, it isn't racism against whites if white women benefit the most.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/06/17/aff...e-than-anyone/

Tim Wise » Is Sisterhood Conditional?: White Women and the Rollback of Affirmative Action

Old 03-17-2016, 05:56 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's in the video and the still frame. He did.
I reject your imagination.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Would Blacks even take any suggestions seriously? Or are they good with letting Dems keep their kids trapped in abysmally performing public schools to keep the teachers unions happy so their donations keep pouring in, etc.?
Red states and inner-cities generally have the worst schools.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
How did I decide for them? I merely pointed out a very likely consequence of their voting if anybody have learned anything from the last amnesty.

"Black people know that voting Democrat is in their best interest," sure they do. I was listening NRP one day about why people voting for Sanders. Somehow the reporter pointed out the race for each interviewee. Each and every black person, men and women, said the reason they will vote for Sanders or Clinton is FREE STUFF, free college, free health care, more welfare, free this and free that.
Since you so want to tell them how to vote, why don't you step away from your computer and go hang out in an all-Black neighborhood, stand on a corner or outside a convenience store and approach real Black people and tell them what you blather on about here. Please, go, preach, and revel in all the praise you'll receive.

Or, go to the same place and start asking Black people why they don't vote Republican. You might learn something other than what you hear on your right wing radio and television stations.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:27 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Since you so want to tell them how to vote, why don't you step away from your computer and go hang out in an all-Black neighborhood, stand on a corner or outside a convenience store and approach real Black people and tell them what you blather on about here. Please, go, preach, and revel in all the praise you'll receive.

Or, go to the same place and start asking Black people why they don't vote Republican. You might learn something other than what you hear on your right wing radio and television stations.

What did you learn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies