Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 02:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If that's all true, why Asians compose of 40% in California colleges where no AA is practiced?

Because it isn't true...

I can't comment unless you provide a specific example.

How much more specific than what I gave you do you need? Really. You need a specific pilot?... lol. I could probably find one, then what? Admit that you don't have any explanation. You can't explain the lack of black pilots anymore than hospitals can explain the lack of black doctors... the medical schools turn them out... where do they go? China?
Please provide statistics or studies on your claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 03:16 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
... I said this multiple times but it keeps falling on deaf ears. From my own 20+ years of hiring and firing experience - I have sat in many hiring and firing decision makings, I have never seen, heard or experienced racism being practiced. ...

Old 03-21-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
How can I provide something that doesn't exist?

Old 03-21-2016, 03:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
How can I provide something that doesn't exist?
touché

Old 03-21-2016, 04:42 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why? How many more dead kids do you need to see before you realize it's wise to teach them how to respond to a police response/inquiry?

Like I said... even drivers pulled over for speeding, etc., know to NOT make any movements that can be interpreted as reaching for a weapon when the police are approaching the car or at the car window. You actually have to tell them before hand you're reaching into your glove box for your registration, and only proceed to do so if they acknowledge and permit you to do so.
I reject everything you say in every post because of your obvious biases.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:46 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Give us a valid reason why disruptive students should be permitted to downgrade other students' education.
All people have the possibility of changing for the better. Maybe even you. I've seen too many students who were duds until they found just the right teacher who turned them on to learning. And over the years, often running into former students, I found that OFTEN the ones who I thought would be most successful were not, and the ones I thought would be failures were not.

But I'm not going to let you get away with "discussion creep". I'm not going to accept you throwing stuff up against the wall until something sticks. You cannot reasonably compare private and public schools without taking into consideration just how very different the two are.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:53 PM

264 posts, read 151,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Race relations have tumbled over the years since 2009. Some people blame President Barack Obama, Rev. Al Sharpton, etc. for the racial divide. What is the future of race relations between whites and blacks?
Not good. Soros picked up on this racial divide and is using it for his own means.

Soros and his groups are pouring money into the BLM movement and illegal movement.
Probably in order to further divide the country.

Soros wants a global government and global currency.
He and his groups have a presence in over 60 countries.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:56 PM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I reject everything you say in every post because of your obvious biases.
So... you'd rather see more kids die than take the sensible approach and teach them how to respond to a police response/inquiry. That's some really f*cked up priorities there, man.

Like I said... even drivers pulled over for speeding, etc., know to NOT make any movements that can be interpreted as reaching for a weapon when the police are approaching the car or at the car window. You actually have to tell them before hand you're reaching into your glove box for your registration, and only proceed to do so if they acknowledge and permit you to do so.

Old 03-21-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
touché
LOL. You do realize that you just agreed to my point right?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:44 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Old attitudes are still around. Old anger is still around. Some of it gets passed down. As much as race relations are not that good, this is the best it has been. The pendulum could swing back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies