Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 06:08 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Today, 7 March, on Fox News program 'Outnumbered' they discussed a new medical condition called 'Trump Anxiety '. It is caused by nothing other than anxiety cause by worrying about The Donald. There are actually therapists treating patients for this condition and they are calling these patients problem 'Trump Anxiety'. Lord have mercy. But it shouldn't surprise me because of the C-D posters who go apoplectic in their anti-Trump posts all over C-D.

El Nox
and doesn't it work the other way: those who are so addicted to Trump they ask like they will die if he isn't elected and the wall isn't built. All things have 2 sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 06:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Delicate little flowers. Now, GTHO!

Old 03-08-2016, 06:15 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Today, 7 March, on Fox News program 'Outnumbered' they discussed a new medical condition called 'Trump Anxiety '. It is caused by nothing other than anxiety cause by worrying about The Donald. There are actually therapists treating patients for this condition and they are calling these patients problem 'Trump Anxiety'. Lord have mercy. But it shouldn't surprise me because of the C-D posters who go apoplectic in their anti-Trump posts all over C-D.

El Nox
Speaking of Outnumbered my wife does not believe I watch the show for the purely intellectual conversation.

She got legs, she knows how to use them....she never begs....

Old 03-08-2016, 06:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
It's unbelievable how little people know about politics. Trump isn't going to come in (if voted) and change everything. It's not all going to go to their version of hell. It doesn't work like that. If Obama didn't come in and instantly make everything better like so many thought, even in nearly 8 years, then Trump won't come in and instantly make everything worse, or in 4-8 years.

Congress is really the power with the pull (well, they all technically have equal pull). Sure, the president can issue executive orders (which we all know Obama loves doing) but congressional approval is required for a lot of things. Congress needs to approve and pass laws... like those dealing with immigration, and building a wall. If they all disagree with one another, opposing parties in power, then they can go around in circles for literally months or years and nothing significant will get done. Eventually, Congress' majority party will be different than the sitting president's, it almost always is at some point, and things will slow down to a crawl and few things will actually get done.

It boggles my mind that people seriously think all types of bad stuff will start to happen if Trump gets elected.

What's the worst thing that can happen anyway? We DON'T have such a tolerance for illegal immigration? We actually work hard to vet incoming refugees/those of certain nationalities? Oh poor us, following our own laws and protecting ourselves. I know, how horrible.
I don't think it makes any difference who is President if they are Republican, we will see more attention paid to people coming in to the country illegally and see more being deported.

My concern, more than anything is: who will he nominate for supreme court? We could easily have 3 or 4 resign in he next 4 years. That and our relationship with other countries. BTW, if you think congress will work with him you may need to re-think this and if you think his getting the nomination will help Republicans hold onto the houses you may be surprised.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:43 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:

El Nox
Unbelievable, anywhere there is money to be made...........

Old 03-08-2016, 06:52 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and doesn't it work the other way: those who are so addicted to Trump they ask like they will die if he isn't elected and the wall isn't built. All things have 2 sides.
Contact Fox News and see if they have an email addy so you can suggest another topic they can research. It oughta be interesting ... and/or funny like this one.

El Nox

Old 03-08-2016, 06:54 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez
Why hasn't there been an equivalent mental disease for the Obama's and Clinton's! This country has gotten so soft.
They have unknowingly all been conditioned to be this way!!

Yes its sickening...... But let us be grateful that WE HAVENT BEEN!!

Old 03-08-2016, 06:59 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Why hasn't there been an equivalent mental disease for the Obama's and Clinton's! This country has gotten so soft.
There is, progressive liberal disease.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
It'd probably be more profitable for Doctors to be treating those who actually believe there were "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City.

Old 03-08-2016, 08:57 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
All y'all, right or left, need to go on over to the you tube and listen to Norah Jones sing "My Dear Country"?

She wrote it for all of us.

I'm kinda hoping Trumb makes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies