Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 09:50 AM

14,941 posts, read 8,555,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Idiotically succinct, absolutely.
I also think it's unfair to associate chickens with eggs. LOL. Two separate things right? Just like Islam and Muslims.

You just can't make this kinda stuff up.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:50 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
The bottom line is that you're not gonna shame people into hating a group just because you do.

I'm comfortable hating religion PERIOD...because it deserves my hatred.

But don't ask me to hate Islam specifically MORE than the other faiths just because you do.

Basically, Christians want everyone to hate Islam so that they'll take their focus off of Christianity's shenanigans and historical brutality.

Forget it.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:55 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The bottom line is that you're not gonna shame people into hating a group just because you do.

But don't ask me to hate Islam specifically MORE than the other faiths just because you do.

Basically, Christians want everyone to hate Islam so that they'll take their focus off of Christianity's shenanigans and historical brutality.

Forget it.
I consider myself to be a Christian yet I've been there to criticize those who try and paint Muslims with a broad brush and to defend their rights the same as everyone's else.

Maybe you need to consider that you may be no different than the OP?

Old 03-08-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I consider myself to be a Christian yet I've been there to criticize those who try and paint Muslims with a broad brush and to defend their rights the same as everyone's else.

Maybe you need to consider that you may be no different than the OP?
I'm probably more intolerant of religion than he/she is. And I've never been ashamed to admit it. Why should I be given my experiences with it?

I'm more concerned about the religion of 99% of the hypocrites I have to deal with here! What some Muslim is doing in Syria or Turkmenistan is none of my concern. And I don't see why I should make it so.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:05 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
I'm probably more intolerant of religion than he/she is. And I've never been ashamed to admit it. Why should I be given my experiences with it?

I'm more concerned about the religion of 99% of the hypocrites I have to deal with here! What some Muslim is doing in Syria or Turkmenistan is none of my concern. And I don't see why I should make it so.
Yeah well, you are not simply because of religion. Are you saying Obama attacked Libya for religious reasons?

Old 03-08-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yeah well, you are not simply because of religion. Are you saying Obama attacked Libya for religious reasons?
No. We shouldn't be attacking anyone over there for ANY reason other than a direct attack on us.

Obama was wrong.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:20 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,175,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Perhaps you need to examine what the origins of the Liberal Party is and it's intended purpose in the modern day world. It has nothing to do with being progressive. The liberal party's main purpose is to destruct the nuclear family unit and traditional mores of society to usher in the new world order. Total absolute control is the goal. Christianity is the biggest barrier to their objective because it's values and ethics (based primarily on procreation, morals, and love of God) is firmly entrenched in almost every sector of society and socio-economic group worldwide. In addition to being the most powerful and wealthiest, it still remains the largest religion on Earth. This is very well understood by the liberal genus. So the goal is to take it down by whatever means necessary. Including the tolerance, acceptance, and societal introduction of a religion that is the complete antithesis to their own values.
You're joking right? LOL I love the comedians on here.

Just in case you are serious, I'm gunna "destruct" the nuclear family unit so that my demon saviour Jeebus can rise again from the depths of the local Walmart (gosh dang it, it closed). Ummm, Jeebus is guuna rise from the local Whole Foods roof parking lot. Laser beams will come out of every orifice and destruct all nuclear family units on the whole universes. Yee haa

Golly jee, now I gots to go and clean up the messy kitchen first. I know, priorities. It's next - Ah swear.

Are you still scared? Have a good one!

Old 03-09-2016, 06:40 AM

14,941 posts, read 8,555,251 times
Quote:

Forget it.
No one is attempting to shame anyone into anything other than becoming acquainted with basic common sense.

While Christianity has a deplorable past, I'm not sure what sense it makes to point to what was done in the distant past, while ignoring the same deplorable behavior of Muslims today? It's really quite delusional.

The fact is, there have been, and will likely always be evil people who will use religion for there own purposes, though anyone trying to insinuate that Christianity is no better than Islam is beyond hope.

Please point to any recent event showing Christians rampaging through communities, raping young girls, with their leaders taunting the locals with threats that they are going to out-breed and out-number them?

Show me a modern day Christian nation that behaves like those savages in Saudi Arabia ... or the savages calling themselves ISIS, ISIL, Al Qaeda, etc.

At some point, everyone needs to face reality.

Why won't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.