Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:42 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trailer Park Boys was a Canadian production. Now THAT is entertainment!
It takes place in New Brunswick. Maine has some similarities to New Brunswick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 11:13 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
I've been to both Mexico and Canada, and like them both just fine.
For me, I tend to favor Mexico as a place to live, because the dollar goes a very long way down there and the weather is milder.
But with the right deal, I could live in Canada just fine, too. British Columbia, to me, is the most overall beautiful place on the N. American continent, and the kind of country I was born and raised in.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:28 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
I'm two hours from the Canadian border. Maybe Seattle can get Vancouver BC to adopt us. We certainly travel between the two places enough as it is. It's just a small map adjustment.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
My point is, they want to go North to the predominately white area of the Americas. They are rich, so it wont be a problem. They will/would maintain US status for tax purposes, even though allot of them are still from Canada to begin with.

If you're rich, you don't want to move to Mexico because you could be kidnapped and held for ransom, or jailed by corrupt local officials until you pay off your captors. As a poor norteamericano, I don't want to go to Mexico because I know I can't pay my way out if I'm detained.

His family says he was snatched off the street and framed, with the purpose of trying to extort money from his American family. They said he was never given the right to contact the U.S. Embassy or the U.S. Consulate and there was no solid evidence connecting him to the crime.

Bachmann’s family pushed for many months for his release, even creating a "Help Free Troy" website. Friends also protested at the Mexican Consulate in Portland, on his behalf.

Ore. man released, after 8 months in Mexico jail | KGW.com

Old 03-11-2016, 01:03 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Here you go this is what young people do in America: Why Moving To Canada Is A Horrible Idea: A South Sider’s Perspective | The South Sider's Guide To Happiness
This was not my perspective, just passing along what ONE American thinks about Americans moving away!
Well considering I follow the hip-hop circuit, I retweet anything that would be popular to followers who have the same interests. Just like I retweet interesting news, etc
Again, what I am talking about here are Americans who wish to abandon the U.S. on the logic that Canada is better overall. I picked some superficial aspects of the country in jest. However, there are some cracks in the bigger picture that I didn't even touch because then it becomes serious.

Unless you read a different post, I never said Canadians shouldn't feel proud of being where they are from. Yet, I think American should be damn proud to be American and not threaten to jump ship because of something they dont agree with. There are platforms to fight for change and we have a voice when many in other countries do not.

It's comedy and if you don't agree with it, then don't laugh.
You can draw your own conclusion about what's written here but what I said is in black and white.
If you don't love America, then go. No one would ever stop you. I just voiced my opinion and that's all it is. :-)
I really do appreciate and respect your comments.
Thanks!
Your posting was very unclear in that case, since nowhere in the post did you mention that this wasn't your perspective. Even Chevy who responded didn't see that and he's a lawyer used to understanding the fine print

As for Canadians feeling proud etc, not sure why you think my rather dry facts on taxes had anything to do with pride, when all I was doing was countering the numbers with the truth.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:14 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
When a person tells you they want to leave the country if Trump is elected, ask them if they have a GoFundMe web page.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:21 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
It doesn't matter where they move to as long as they leave. I like the idea of Mexico where they have a pretty good chance of rotting in a Mexican jail just for being from the U.S.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:36 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Canada has been "officially" warned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4zAJB6XCTY

Old 03-12-2016, 03:21 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
......Ask Palin for directions. She can see Russia from her backyard.
The early 2000s called. They want their SNL skit back.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:30 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Canada has been "officially" warned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4zAJB6XCTY
That look Trudeau is giving is a combination of "really" and "how exactly did you get elected?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies