Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 09:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times

Advertisements

Big deal.

Israel is more than capable of dealing with anything Iran has or will get in the foreseeable future.

Every little development is not a crisis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2016, 09:56 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doubt it, but even if true...so what.

That's Israel's problem. Worry about whether the missiles can hit HERE!
I don't doubt it....Iran postures for it's masses just like US politicians do.

Sanctions are lifted and they gave ground so they have to shore up the "tough guy" with their hardliners.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:05 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times
Iran is allowed to test missiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
More to the point, these missiles can reach Riyadh and the rest of Saudi Arabia. The Persians have a much bigger fight with the Saudis than the Jews. Besides the Israelis can return the favor and the Saudi's cannot.

I, for one, would be pleased if the Royal Family was ousted so long as we did not try to do anything about it. As I said elsewhere on this Forum we should remove our military from the entire area and let the Arabs get on with their War Against Everyone.
Yep. Iran is run by fundamentalist, but is not an irrational actor. They will not be launching any attack against Israel so long as Israel doesn't do a preemptive strike against their nuclear facilities. Oh, wait, thanks to the treaty those facilities aren't producing nuclear weapon materials so there's no reason for Israel to threaten a strike.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:10 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
You missed the whole point of my OP![ got your point that you are a Jew hater]

"defying a threat of new sanctions from the United States."

Which was how asinine the idiot Obama's deal with Iran was!
There is no such thing as "a threat from the United States".

Old 03-09-2016, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
More to the point, these missiles can reach Riyadh and the rest of Saudi Arabia. The Persians have a much bigger fight with the Saudis than the Jews. Besides the Israelis can return the favor and the Saudi's cannot.

I, for one, would be pleased if the Royal Family was ousted so long as we did not try to do anything about it. As I said elsewhere on this Forum we should remove our military from the entire area and let the Arabs get on with their War Against Everyone.

We are in 100% agreement on this. The middle east has been nothing but a cauldron of hatred and mindless violence for thousands of years. It has shown zero indication of maturing within the past century. The US should remove all personnel and equipment from the region ASAP.

Let it bleed.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:18 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I was and am opposed to Obama's deal with Iran. That said the threat isn't to the USA. The USA needs to pay attention to and focus on our own problems. Playing world cop is bankrupting this nation.
I don't hate jews and I didn't get that from Desert's post either. They simply called it for what it is. Israel's problem.
Israel has sold us out on a number of occasions as well as thumbed their collective noses at our generosity.
It is actually OUR problem. We made the deal.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
It is actually OUR problem. We made the deal.

Relax.

Any missile Iran could fire at Israel or Europe would be knocked out by America's Navy.

"He would not specify the rules of engagement for the laser, but indicated the Navy is ready to use the weapon to shoot down incoming ballistic missiles."

Commander: US Navy Won

All's well.

BTW, the Aegis system would also intercept anything the N Koreans might decide to launch.

FYI...

Old 03-09-2016, 10:52 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times
Default Do you guys read newspapers?

Iran has put satellites in orbit for years, now. Covering the roughly one thousand miles between Tehran and Tel Aviv is child's play compared to that - Iran has in fact been able to do so since at least 2003.

The Qadr missile became operational in 2008, so you may want to redirect your ire?

The deal has just made it very much harder for the Iranians to develop a nuke for their existing missiles, and that's not a bad thing. Even if you hate President Obama with the fury of a thousand suns.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:55 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,249 times
Now Iran is Threatening To walk away from the Nuclear Deal....They got their money, sanctions lifted. Why should they follow Obozo and Botox Kerry's retarded nuclear agreement?

Iran threatens to walk away from nuke deal after missile test | Fox News

Old 03-09-2016, 11:12 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,264,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Now Iran is Threatening To walk away from the Nuclear Deal....They got their money, sanctions lifted. Why should they follow Obozo and Botox Kerry's retarded nuclear agreement?

Iran threatens to walk away from nuke deal after missile test | Fox News
There is nothing to "walk away from" -- they never signed anything, they have their Frozen Money from the USA, they have to sanctions relief. They openly claim the US is their "main enemy".

Who thinks it's just an Amazing Coincidence that Iran is firing these Missiles just as Joe Biden lands in Israel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies