Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 02:19 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Underneath your name phetaroi with the subtitle, are you speaking from experience? Are you a secret racist?
That's not even a "nice try".

Old 03-10-2016, 02:20 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Actually, President Bush did that. Barack Obama gets the blame from right wingers but It was President Bush who signed the agreement to leave in 2010, not Obama.

The argument that many conservatives give in response to finding out that blaming Obama is a falsehood is that " Well Bush wanted him to negotiate a better one, but he didnt" If that was true, then President Bush would have never signed the original agreement. There was nothing forcing him to as we had military control of the nation

Now you are proving the " lose lose situation argument" because the same things are happening in Iraq by soldiers we trained, if we had left soldiers behind somehow, you would now be saying we shouldnt just as you are wit Iraq.

Libya was already a failed state, Gaddafi could not police his own nation while being in a civil war.

We didnt arm any rebels until after ISIS already existed, and even then, it was only 300.

Do you think no innocent people died when we invaded Iraq or Afghanistan ????????

Would you rather we kill 2,000 extra people because they were near a terrorist, or 300,000 because we invaded ????

some of the people who have been in gitmo are wrongfully there, Others are indeed terrorist and the only way they are released is in hostage/prisoner trades.

Conspiracy theories.

This argument doesnt even make sense. What exactly did you think no deal meant. Based on your post, you seem like the " they would have a bomb in 5 years"type, so why is it that you believe a deal is bad, but not them getting the actual bomb ?????
I can't figure out how to keep my own original post quotes in here, so I will just answer it here. I know the 2008 status of forces agreement had nothing in there about residual forces after it expired, but it was expected to be renegotiated in 2011 to allow a residual force behind like we have done in Korea, Japan, Germany, etc. I also know that Obama half-heartedly attempted to negotiate a deal to leave behind 3,500 troops, but pulled out completely when the Iraqis wouldn't allow troops to have immunity in criminal actions. What I also learned from watching a Frontline episode about the deal was that Obama completely changed the relationship with Maliki when he came into office. Bush had many direct communications with Maliki while Obama's liaison was the only one talking to Maliki. I understand his heart wasn't in it, and it was Bush's war. What I don't understand is not putting a major effort into leaving a force behind to keep stability as we have done in othr successful post-war transitions. It really sucks to lose over 4,000 troops for nothing, and have ISIS mowing through the area beheading and burning and burying alive people we had helped.

If you really want a good assessment of what happened there, not from a right wing source, the Fontline episode was really good.

As for the Iran deal, yes I think continuing the sanctions would have been preferable to his debacle of a nuclear deal we got that opened up billions of dollars to Iran to continue their program and funding of terrorism. Now we have a bad deal, Iran has lots of money, and we will have a really hard time getting new sanctions against them. Not to mention looking incredibly weak and possibly having to enforce the deal with military options.

Old 03-10-2016, 02:59 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Hey, at least he sent his wife.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-10-2016 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 03-10-2016, 03:32 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
As for the Iran deal, yes I think continuing the sanctions would have been preferable to his debacle of a nuclear deal we got that opened up billions of dollars to Iran to continue their program...
Iran is not continuing their program.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:41 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,824 times
Nancy Reagan, the OG "Trap Queen". She held down the fort while her husband dumped drugs into the inner city and then preached "Just Say No".

Old 03-10-2016, 03:50 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
Nancy Reagan, the OG "Trap Queen". She held down the fort while her husband dumped drugs into the inner city and then preached "Just Say No".
LOL It'd be funnier if it wasn't so messed up. Gary Webb exposed the CIA/Reagan-drug ring and was "suicided" for it.

Online petition wants "Trap Queen" performed at Nancy Reagan's funeral - CBS News
The CIA, the drug dealers, and the tragedy of Gary Webb - Telegraph

What a Government we have.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 03-10-2016 at 04:00 PM..

Old 03-10-2016, 03:50 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,001,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneonOne View Post
I can't wait for this token POTUS to be gone from our lives. He and his ugly wife sicken me.
His wife can't be any more ugly than you.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:33 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Barbara Bush is the only living First Lady who will not be at the funeral. No surprise there since by all accounts she and Nancy Reagan loathed each other. When you're 90 years old you get to choose which funerals to snub.
Quote:
Barbara Bush, in her sensible shoes and matronly suits, was a walking reproach to her glitzy predecessor. She relished gossip about Nancy Reagan and expressed delight when told that the former First Lady loathed her. The feeling was mutual, Barbara Bush assured friends.
Newsweek 03/08/1992

Old 03-10-2016, 04:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Hey, at least he sent his wife. The black version of Jane Fonda. God I wish a sniper would have taken her off the barrel of that tank all those years ago.
WHY? It was the feckless politicians in Washington who created the Vietnam mess, not Jane Fonda.

Old 03-10-2016, 04:40 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
I think threads like this are therapeutic, gives the crazies time to release as you can clearly see. Let it all out, better than kicking the dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies