Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 10:25 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times

Advertisements

I guess she wasn't a liberal...

Obama to Skip Nancy Reagan's Funeral to Attend South by Southwest - NBC News

Old 03-09-2016, 10:26 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Default Obama to Skip Reagan Funeral... Obama To Attend Reagan Funeral

Obama Skipping Nancy Reagan Funeral to Go to SXSW
President Barack Obama will not attend Nancy Reagan‘s funeral this Friday, keeping his originally scheduled appearance as a keynote speaker at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive festival.

The SXSW Interactive Festival is an annual symposium for digital startups and emerging technologies that takes place each year in Austin, Texas, concurrently with a film and music festival.

[The president] will sit down with Editor in Chief of The Texas Tribune Evan Smith for a conversation about civic engagement in the 21st Century before an audience of creators, early adopters and entrepreneurs who are defining the future of our connected lives. The President will call on the audience to apply their ideas and talents to make technology work for us – especially when it comes to tackling big challenges like increasing participation in the political process and fighting climate change.
Michelle Obama will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral
First lady Michelle Obama will attend the funeral of Nancy Reagan on Friday, a White House official said Monday.

There are only so many living presidents and first wives. He should be going to this with his wife.

I guarantee you that if the roles were reversed, and some white president was skipping Michelle's funeral... I think we all know the cries that would arise.

What funerals did Barack attend?

Obama and Biden to Attend Funeral for Clementa Pinckney

Obama to attend Mandela services

Obama, delegates to attend King Abdullah funeral

Obama to attend Inouye funeral in Hawaii

he did not attend Margaret Thatcher's funeral... he did not attend Scalia's funeral... he did not attend a Major General's funeral.

A proper summary is here.
Based on which funeral he attends and which he sits out, it’s clear Obama does assign significance to the passing of some and not to others. When it comes to shedding tears and attending funerals, black civil rights leaders, left-leaning Hawaiian senators, and victims of gun violence -- whose deaths further his anti-Second Amendment agenda -- do have more worth when weighed against whether or not he should forego a round of golf or pay his final respects.

What’s obvious is that the president who preaches fairness is actually guilty of favoritism, especially when it comes to attending funerals.

Obama’s partiality is evident whenever a previously-scheduled golf game makes it all but impossible for him to break away, or if the deceased person is a patriot who died in the line of duty, embraces conflicting partisan views, or is a dead foreign leader whose political philosophy President Barack Obama rejects.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Obama does what he wants to do and has never given two hoots about protocol.
Michelle is going instead.

I'm sure all the other former Presidents and wives will attend.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:29 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times
I'm sure she'll (MO) show up displaying how proud she is to be an American...
The mere view of that woman turns my stomach...

Old 03-09-2016, 10:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I guess she wasn't a liberal...
She was pro-choice and favored stem cell research.

So what?

From your link:

Michelle Obama will be at the former first lady's funeral, which will be held at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.

First ladies tend to be the ones who go to the funerals of other first ladies.

Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton will attend Reagan funeral, the president will not - LA Times

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...l-first-ladies

Think of it as a girls' day out.

Besides, when Lady Bird Johnson died in 2007, Dubya didn't bother to attend. First Lady Laura Bush did, though. Which is as it should be.

Where was the right wing outrage then?

Among the mourners were former Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton, first lady Laura Bush and former first ladies Hillary Clinton, Rosalynn Carter, Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-la...27041820070715

Last edited by Old Gringo; 03-09-2016 at 10:39 AM..

Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
He's a hard core commie.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:33 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
She was pro-choice and favored stem cell research.

So what?

From your link:

Michelle Obama will be at the former first lady's funeral, which will be held at the Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.

First ladies tend to be the ones who go to the funerals of other first ladies.

Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton will attend Reagan funeral, the president will not - LA Times

Betty Ford's funeral is attended by US first ladies | US news | The Guardian

Think of it as a girls' day out.

Im sure he could attend both if he wanted to... How long will his speech be in Austin, 15 minutes?

Old 03-09-2016, 10:37 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
You beat me by a minute... I will just repost here. Mods can delete my thread.

Obama Skipping Nancy Reagan Funeral to Go to SXSW
President Barack Obama will not attend Nancy Reagan‘s funeral this Friday, keeping his originally scheduled appearance as a keynote speaker at the South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive festival.

The SXSW Interactive Festival is an annual symposium for digital startups and emerging technologies that takes place each year in Austin, Texas, concurrently with a film and music festival.

[The president] will sit down with Editor in Chief of The Texas Tribune Evan Smith for a conversation about civic engagement in the 21st Century before an audience of creators, early adopters and entrepreneurs who are defining the future of our connected lives. The President will call on the audience to apply their ideas and talents to make technology work for us – especially when it comes to tackling big challenges like increasing participation in the political process and fighting climate change.
Michelle Obama will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral
First lady Michelle Obama will attend the funeral of Nancy Reagan on Friday, a White House official said Monday.
There are only so many living presidents and first wives. He should be going to this with his wife.

I guarantee you that if the roles were reversed, and some white president was skipping Michelle's funeral... I think we all know the cries that would arise.

What funerals did Barack attend?

Obama and Biden to Attend Funeral for Clementa Pinckney

Obama to attend Mandela services

Obama, delegates to attend King Abdullah funeral

Obama to attend Inouye funeral in Hawaii

he did not attend Margaret Thatcher's funeral... he did not attend Scalia's funeral... he did not attend a Major General's funeral.

A proper summary is here.
Based on which funeral he attends and which he sits out, it’s clear Obama does assign significance to the passing of some and not to others. When it comes to shedding tears and attending funerals, black civil rights leaders, left-leaning Hawaiian senators, and victims of gun violence -- whose deaths further his anti-Second Amendment agenda -- do have more worth when weighed against whether or not he should forego a round of golf or pay his final respects.

What’s obvious is that the president who preaches fairness is actually guilty of favoritism, especially when it comes to attending funerals.

Obama’s partiality is evident whenever a previously-scheduled golf game makes it all but impossible for him to break away, or if the deceased person is a patriot who died in the line of duty, embraces conflicting partisan views, or is a dead foreign leader whose political philosophy President Barack Obama rejects.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:38 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,045,171 times
Obama to skip Scalia's funeral

Obama won't attend Antonin Scalia's funeral - POLITICO

Come on, show some respect. I am actually not a fan of the lady, don't know much about her, but still show some respect.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:40 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
What will you people complain about after this year, I think you will miss him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies