Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
In response to what Obama has characterized as Netanyahu's condescending manner, Obama was trying to explain he was the POTUS and as such not to underestimate what he understands.
The fact that you are POTUS is not making you an expert in the ME issues. Netanyahu is a an expert. So you need to sit a listen and not to give this stupid "I made it to the WH so I know everything". Yes, we see how he knows everything. All ME is burning, Russia is getting its powers back, everybody in the world consider him as the weakest POTUS ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 01:15 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why should we have anything to do with Middle East?
In other news:
Israel has more influence in the US congress than the American taxpayer.
Good one.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:17 PM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
The fact that you are POTUS is not making you an expert in the ME issues. Netanyahu is a an expert. So you need to sit a listen and not to give this stupid "I made it to the WH so I know everything". Yes, we see how he knows everything. All ME is burning, Russia is getting its powers back, everybody in the world consider him as the weakest POTUS ever.
Your sweeping statements are telling, but something tells me that if I were to suggest you need to just listen to me because I know best, you might react the same as Obama (who did not say he knows "everything" as you also misrepresent). After all, anyone who considers this dynamic from an OBJECTIVE point of view has got to realize the POTUS is briefed on such matters beyond levels we can only guess about. Obama doesn't "walk on water," but he is no dummy, and I don't blame him or anyone else for reacting the same way to Netanyahu's condescending manner.

The Israeli/Palestinian problem is no small matter, but it isn't "rocket science" either!

Netanyahu is also no "expert," other than perhaps how he can best manage his own particular agenda, regardless the ongoing violence, regardless the countless efforts to restart peace negotiations, regardless what the POTUS or the French or the Palestinians or the U.N. thinks otherwise...

To use your kind of rhetoric, Netanyaho is the worst Prime Minister for Israel ever.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:18 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
All ME is burning, ....
That's because the idiot Bush failed to occupy Iraq after Saddam capitulated.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
All ME is burning
Check your history. I don't think what is "burning" today is all that different from what has been burning since before I was born, or should we go back to Biblical times, and the ME will be "burning" for a good while longer as far as any hope into the foreseeable future.

And/or beyond all the bluster, what might you ME experts suggest? We march back in with our troops, maybe "burn" a few more billion dollars, lose more thousands of American troops, to accomplish what?

Obama has been right about altering our ME foreign policy since he first voted against the Iraq invasion, right about not "stirring the pot" any more than necessary, right about making sure there is a goal and exit strategy that makes sense, right about negotiating with Iran. Even the GOP has offered little different when it comes to fighting ISIS. All their recommendations, already implemented!

But no doubt there are "experts" wasting their time pretending they are experts in these threads that can point the better way...

Can't wait!

Old 03-10-2016, 01:29 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Netanyahu's only agenda is to annex the entire west bank for Israel and make Jerusalem their capital. The only basis and justification for this is some temple that was torn down over 2000 years ago. Anyone who say's otherwise is a liar. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:36 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
Quote:
Really? The fact that you are an African American son of a single mother who managed to get to the WH makes you fully understand the extremely complicated matters of the ME?
And we see the results of this "understanding" every day.
US policy in M.E.

• ID & vilify latest "bad guy"
• Regime change
• Power vacuum
• Rinse & repeat

R or D, no one's done any different. And to think we used to get along with Iran.
CIA admits role in 1953 Iranian coup

Besides, why are you listening to Bibi?
I thought we had enough money woes without that Chicken Little.

Bibi Cancels Meeting With Obama, Demands More Money Instead

Quote:
Last year's $3.1 billion in US military aid to Israel was no longer acceptable, Netanyahu made clear.
Instead Biden is expected to swipe the national credit card for a super-size contribution of between $4.2 and $4.5 billion in military aid
-- in addition to the customary half billion in missile defense assistance and another billion worth of military equipment stored in Israel.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:47 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
When exactly did the U.S. have power in the middle east?

Isreal has been involved in 16 wars since declaring itself a nation. Which one of those wars did the U.S. prevent?

When did the U.S. stop any of the civil wars that occurred in Lebanon from 1975-1990?

Was the U.S. capable of preventing the bombing of its Embassies or the Marine barracks in 1983?

The invasion of Kuwait, the missile attack against the U.S. Cole?

When was this period of American "power" in the middle east?

Old 03-10-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
When exactly did the U.S. have power in the middle east?
Before Obama took office, duh...

Old 03-10-2016, 02:11 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Before Obama took office, duh...

Ah, silly me.

Oh, I forgot the attack on the USS Liberty, the Iran-Iraq War or terrorist acts dating back to the bombing of the King David Hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies