Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 08:37 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
While you are at it maybe you can explain to me how a gun is safely stored so Timmy won't shoot Billy yet still available to dad for home protection. Another example of gun nuts talking out of both sides of their mouth. If the gun is available in an instant when dad is suddenly approached by a bad guy in the middle of the night then it's also available to Timmy. If it is stored away safely the bad guy will not simply stop and allow you time to find your key, get to your gun safe or box, unlock the gun and trigger lock. If that gun in the opening post was available to an old couple who was tied up it was obviously available to any grand kid who happens to be visiting.
Maybe people should teach their children gun safety. Oh I guess they would rather whine. I was shooting a rifle at age 8, but was taught about gun safety long before that. People now days don't want to teach their children anything.
If an intruder broke into my house, he would be dead before he got both feet in. Either me, my wife, my son or one of my grandchildren would shoot him, or more likely more than one of us would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 08:56 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Now that I've lobbed that grenade into the room I'm off to play golf. Can't wait to read the replies when I return
SO proud of yourself, you threw nothing but leftist blather that is and can be debunked numerous times.....

Old 03-12-2016, 09:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I agree with Dave. A defense weapon needs to be available NOW not after you unlock it. When I was a kid I was taught how to safely use guns. I think I was about 7 or so. Kids can be taught how to use dangerous things. I think most child related gun accidents are due more to ignorance than to malice.

My main objection to Hillary is her economics. My secondary objection is her adherence to the party line on guns. These are why I support Bernie Sanders for President. I am a gun owning Liberal.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:19 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
The claim was this happens every day and the media never covers it. Then a poster posts an NRA link full of stories of self defense. Well which is it folks? You post a link to prove one part of your post but at the same time disproving the other half of your argument. I think the claim that these stories aren't covered is a crock. They are news and the media is always looking for feel good stories. How often did we hear about the CNN reporter throwing the gun to her husband in the Motel 6 in Albequerque? We hear these stories plenty, unfortunately we also hear about the tragedies guns in the home can lead to.

You guys need to get your facts straight. Hillary Clinton does not want to take away your guns. Not sure where that came from, just another tired argument from the uninformed. She is for stronger background checks (why you would be opposed to that amazes me) and to limit assault rifle who appear to have only 2 purposes: to create as much carnage as possible and to allow a gun nut to get his rocks off. To a lot of us the risks far outweigh the gains with regard to those guns. You do not need an AK 47 for home protection, that's idiotic.

We can have common-sense gun reforms that keep them out of the hands of criminals and the mentally unstable while not penalizing responsible gun owners," Clinton said to sustained applause.

Hillary Clinton makes strong plea for gun control
OK , I didn't make myself clear. My fault.
They are posted LOCALLY.

When was the last time you saw one on a NATIONAL news alphabet station/

And IF it becomes a "national" story, the same media distorts the facts or leaves OUT vital info.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
The claim was this happens every day and the media never covers it. Then a poster posts an NRA link full of stories of self defense. Well which is it folks? You post a link to prove one part of your post but at the same time disproving the other half of your argument. I think the claim that these stories aren't covered is a crock. They are news and the media is always looking for feel good stories. How often did we hear about the CNN reporter throwing the gun to her husband in the Motel 6 in Albequerque? We hear these stories plenty, unfortunately we also hear about the tragedies guns in the home can lead to.

You guys need to get your facts straight. Hillary Clinton does not want to take away your guns. Not sure where that came from, just another tired argument from the uninformed. She is for stronger background checks (why you would be opposed to that amazes me) and to limit assault rifle who appear to have only 2 purposes: to create as much carnage as possible and to allow a gun nut to get his rocks off. To a lot of us the risks far outweigh the gains with regard to those guns. You do not need an AK 47 for home protection, that's idiotic.

We can have common-sense gun reforms that keep them out of the hands of criminals and the mentally unstable while not penalizing responsible gun owners," Clinton said to sustained applause.

Hillary Clinton makes strong plea for gun control
Part of getting the facts straight would include Hillary's position on having gun manufactures liable in court cases for what someone might do with a gun !!! Which is the backdoor gun grab !!!

Old 03-12-2016, 01:31 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Will a pro-gun person explain how a carried firearm would make any difference if a person is struck by a randomly fired bullet when sitting on ones porch or a room facing a city street, playing in a school play ground or walking down a sidewalk ? This happens about 2-3 times a week in Washington DC. I think it is hard to use a gun if you are on the verge of blacking out due to blood loss after being struck by a gun bullet!

Old 03-12-2016, 01:45 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Will a pro-gun person explain how a carried firearm would make any difference if a person is struck by a randomly fired bullet when sitting on ones porch or a room facing a city street, playing in a school play ground or walking down a sidewalk ? This happens about 2-3 times a week in Washington DC. I think it is hard to use a gun if you are on the verge of blacking out due to blood loss after being struck by a gun bullet!

What the hell are you talking about? This makes absolutely no sense. How is anything going to protect you from a random bullet being fired? You have absolutely no clue that it is going to be fired. Damn!! Oh, wait I think a random bullet is about to be fired, maybe I can use my handgun to shoot the bullet down when it comes my way.

Old 03-12-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Would you like a beer......
Attached Thumbnails
Fatally Shot After Forcing Way Into Home, another one for the good guys with a gun-8d15c1ddd4b67035c71f928bbeeee76d.jpg  

Old 03-12-2016, 01:56 PM

16,266 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Maybe people should teach their children gun safety. Oh I guess they would rather whine. I was shooting a rifle at age 8, but was taught about gun safety long before that. People now days don't want to teach their children anything.
If an intruder broke into my house, he would be dead before he got both feet in. Either me, my wife, my son or one of my grandchildren would shoot him, or more likely more than one of us would.
Since you probably missed this story, or don't want to acknowlede it, let me help you out. The story this week of the pro-gun mom who has spent her life telling the other side how stupid we were when she wasn't bragging about her 4 year old's shooting ability. Then of course he shot her in the back. How stupid does she look now?

Pro-gun Florida mom shot by 4-year-old son - NY Daily News

Your comments about an intruder not making it into the house confirms your multiple guns are not locked up safely. Thank you for proving my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO proud of yourself, you threw nothing but leftist blather that is and can be debunked numerous times.....
You had your chance and offered nothing so I'll just proceed without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
OK , I didn't make myself clear. My fault.
They are posted LOCALLY.

When was the last time you saw one on a NATIONAL news alphabet station/

And IF it becomes a "national" story, the same media distorts the facts or leaves OUT vital info.
I already referenced the reporter's story in Albequerque, I saw it a ton and I live 2,000 miles from Albequerque. But you are right, most are local stories because they are in fact local stories just as a car jacking, bank robbery or a local kid beating cancer would be. Point is these stories are covered by the media as the NRA link showed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Part of getting the facts straight would include Hillary's position on having gun manufactures liable in court cases for what someone might do with a gun !!! Which is the backdoor gun grab !!!
I agree that's a dumb idea. But of course the poster I was responding to said nothing about that. That poster claimed Hillary was going to try to take his/her guns away and that was what I was addressing. This is a common battle cry from the pro-guns side and it's nonsense. No liberal with the exception of the fringe wack jobs has ever tried to take your guns. I certainly don' t think that would be right. So you guys need to stop screaming this because it's not true and it has never been true.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 03-12-2016 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-12-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:

You had your chance and offered nothing so I'll just proceed without you.

Don't need to, do some research....then you will see, maybe....as I said, your grenade has been debunked many times, you don't like it, not my fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies