Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 05:45 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The bigger person should be the billionaire telling people he will pay their court fees if they attack a protester.

He is the one provoking a lot of Americans by insulting them instead of focusing on the issues. Want to get rid illegal immigration? Just say so. It's that simple. There is no need to provoke Mexicans by calling them all criminals and rapists. Why retweet false black statistics? Why? So they can go to your rallies and protests? Why tell people "I'd best the s... Out if them"

You gonna tell me Trump's campaign has endorse all these violence by accident? Give me a break. They are doing this because they want to win so they can lower their own taxes and make themselves wealthier. They don't give a s... about the average American. If he wins, he and his family will be well protected by the secret service while all those Trump supporters and Trump protesters will be killing each other thanks to the violence Trump has incited. Trump will let us eat some Trump cake.
I dont recall Trump calling all Mexicans criminals and rapists.
All illegals in this country from Mexico are criminals, many are rapists and many are murderers. Many are also drug dealers, thieves, frauds, ID thieves, driving without insurance or a license. Those are facts. If facts hurt then too bad.

Trumps campaign. Why is Trump popular? Not with me. Ill never vote for him unless its between him and Hillary. Why does he have traction with so many? Could it be the blatant pandering to illegals by Obama and the left? Could it be the complete and dismal failure of both parties to actually represent the people who elected them? Same reason a whack job like Sanders has traction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 06:38 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What was witnessed last night at Trumps cancelled rally was a clash of cultures. I don't know how much it had to do with free speech?
Trump has really hit a chord with white middle and lower class people who see the country being destroyed by non whites. It is hard to turn on the news and not hear of a criminal incident perpetuated by a minority person. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of white idiots out there that are tearing the place up but between illegal aliens and black thugs many people are sick of the same ol same ol news.

If you want to protest something there are ways to do it but putting yourself into a place like a rally where people are fired up anyway and start problems I think that is pretty stupid and you are asking for a smack down.

On CNN they kept showing a black guy up on the stage and 2 security guys are trying to talk him down. I suppose the guards were fearful of a lawsuit else they would have physically picked that guy up and carried him out of there.

People are already blaming Trump of course but I see this rally as evidence that there is a bigger problem here than anyone thinks.

I would not say that at all. The county is being destroyed by white and Jewish financial elites with a very strong contingent of white divorced or childless women. White women are the only ones who really benefited in the lower classes. They had to ally with someone in the masses while they did their dirty work. Unemployed people in the ghetto don't really take much advantage of working women tax benefits now do they? Hillary is more or less the symbol of that demographic The minorities were bought off even more cheaply but hey are also by far the biggest victims of illegal immigration unless one is an illegal themselves. They are doing horribly.

Old 03-12-2016, 06:59 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i may not agree with things that people say, but i will defend their right to say the things they do.

but we must all recognize that with rights come responsibilities. as such we have the responsibility to couch our words with in reason, but we should be able to speak freely in this country without having to deal with someone wanting to put people in jail for what they say.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:12 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Trump has implicitly and explicitly encouraged his supporters to be aggressive toward demonstrators. Not surprising there's been pushback from some of those demonstrators - aggression breeds aggression, and some people look for opportunities to get in other people's faces.

Not one of our nation's better moments, that's for sure, doesn't reflect well on anyone. I think it is both interesting and a bit scary that this happened in Chicago. 1968 was not a good year.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:45 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Trump has implicitly and explicitly encouraged his supporters to be aggressive toward demonstrators. Not surprising there's been pushback from some of those demonstrators - aggression breeds aggression, and some people look for opportunities to get in other people's faces.

Not one of our nation's better moments, that's for sure, doesn't reflect well on anyone. I think it is both interesting and a bit scary that this happened in Chicago. 1968 was not a good year.

Load of crap and typical blame the victim rubbish. We now have video and I am so sorry lying sacs just can't get away with it anymore. Its a Trump rally. Uninvited guests are the more likely culprit. I have seen footage from Milo Yiannopoulos speaking engagements at college campuses and its the protesters causing the problem every time.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:01 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yes, the First Amendment guarantees Free Speech.
However, one must be ready to accept the consequences of Speaking Freely.
SOMEBODY just might be offended enough to go on the attack!
Only a total fool would go to a political rally and expect that he would not be attacked for verbally attacking the candidate!
Those people deliberately set out to create a confrontation, and they got one.
I have no sympathy for them!
Actually..those who just sit there..Their mere presence is deemed offensive THUS preserved as OFFENSIVE for just being there!! I'm always amazed when folks who just silently put themselves present somewhere ( other's deem to be a threat) comes across by 1st Amendment Claimers as somehow an AFFRONT??? WHY?? Someone stands up with a sign..GET HIM OUTTA HERE..GO BACK TO AFRICA ( actually a supporter enabled by Trump)..GO HOME TO MOMMY..GET A JOB comments get yelled by Trump himself...Good Leadership by an aspiring person who want's to lead the "Free World" ?????

For those Constitutionalists..maybe re-read those Right's you inherited by them...ALL have the right to same freedom of expression ( as long as it isn't violent/life threatening)...

BLM has been protesting for years..hands up don't shoot..yet got threatened by snipper's/tear gas/sonic noise//arrested for just walking..YET those Policeman were empowered to corral those descender's..charge them//charge legal fees/ because they can...

Many chose to use the actual "Thugship Types" to paint ALL dark skinned oppressed with the same brush!! That in of itself speaks volumes....Complaints about BAD COPS..gets painted by SAME as being blaming ALL Cops...Same Tactics..and it's wearing VERY VERY thin..because it's not only NOT TRUE..NOT ALL Cops are ROTTEN..Just like NOT ALL Non-whites are THUGS..But even in 2016..SAME terms are bing used daily!! It's OLD/Mouldy and inarticulate..IN fact it INACCURATE!!

Blame game/47%'er taker's just isn't accurate..Too much rhetoric and hate going on and nurtured by grownups that's rather disgusting and disheartening..Empathy today seems to be DEAD Politically..except to TALK ( which is CHEAP!!) to pander...Today..Instant media/video/exposure of statements..CANNOT get away with it anymore....

20-30 year old statement from back in the day is disingenuous...times have changed/people has evolved..time to get caught up with worldly growth and development...LOL Stuck back in the 70-80's..so want to go back to the OLDEN DAYs?? LOL

Old 03-12-2016, 08:07 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,639,870 times
Ben Sharpio held a speech not long ago at CSU LA and once again, the protestors created chaos by blocking people from the entrance of where the speech was to be held. They attacked people while chanting "no violence".

Old 03-12-2016, 08:29 PM

391 posts, read 453,910 times
Free speech stops being free speech when it insults and diminishes other people or cultures. Sure, its legal and protected, but doesnt mean its always a good idea plus u don't have a MORAL right to be mean and insult people especially publicly. If u wear a KKK sheet and go to the hood to protest black people, u shud expect to get shot or beat up. Just cuz u have a right to be hateful doesnt mean its the right thing to do, and you should expect repercussions. Trump offended and keeps offending people so he is suffering those repercussions. I actually wish that all his speeches from now on are disrupted and interupted jus cuz hes an opportunistic POS playin on people hate and race fears. That would be an excellent repercussion. Wreak what you sow.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:33 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
The subversives shown on camera in Chicago are misguided, and delusional if they think there will be no consequences for their lawlessness.
And we do live in a wonderful world!
What consequences exactly? Members of BoweL Movement break the law time after time, yet are never charged with crimes and put on trial.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:36 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trysometh View Post
Free speech stops being free speech when it insults and diminishes other people or cultures. Sure, its legal and protected, but doesnt mean its always a good idea. If u wear a KKK sheet and go to the hood to protest black people, u shud expect to get shot or beat up. Just cuz u have a right to be hateful doesnt mean its the right thing to do, and you should expect repercussions. Trump offended and keeps offending people so he is suffering those repercussions. I actually wish that all his speeches from now on are disrupted and interupted jus cuz hes an opportunistic POS playin on people hate and race fears. That would be an excellent repercussion. Wreak what you sow.
By that argument the violent, racist a-holes of BoweL Movement should just shut the F up or expect to be violently attacked at every one of their events, right? Or the Black Panthers? Those promoting hate speech should just "expect repercussions", rather than expressing an opinion? Not that it's the same thing of course. The Trump rally (and other political rallies) are private events with supporters there to hear their candidates. Not every idiot with an opinion. While BLM, etc, insists on blocking people going about their business and forcing them to listen to their racist hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies