Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 10:28 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times

Advertisements

It's abhorrent and a sign of how much our country and society has slid downward. I do support birth control though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 08:23 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
This is complete BS! There is a huge debate in the country over stem cell research precisely BECAUSE of the destruction of embryos in the process.

It's complete feminist BS to try and paint this as some "war on women" when it's about the life that is being discarded.
I think on some level pro life advocates are morally compromised by the act themselves but if they pretend that a fetus is not really a life, just a bundle of cells or it's really about "controlling women", then they can feel better about it.

Those arguments get blown out of the water when science considers embryos a human life in it's earliest stages and there are roughly as many WOMEN protesting abortion as there are men.

Women seek to control other women? How would that even work? They'd be actively placing the same limitations of choice or external control on themselves, their own daughters and their own female family members as well. That seems awful self defeating and with the numbers of women who come out against abortion, I'd say it's much more likely to be about the life than it is control over women.
Stem cell research, glad you brought that up......another puzzling disconnect concerning pro-lifers.

It's OK to kill a bunch of embryos in a petri dish to get one baby, but it is not OK to use stem cells to save the lives of countless people, including infants and children.

Why are pro-lifers outraged over stem cell research and abortion yet silent on IVF? Hmmm?

Care to explain?

Now, as far as women controlling other women, this is how it works: "I would never choose to abort, therefore, no other woman should have that choice."

See how that works?

Old 03-25-2016, 09:50 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
I hate the stem cell research debate. The work could literally improve or save the lives of living, breathing, human beings who actually exist. But oh no, can't use stem cells because it's killing what some think is potential life.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:40 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What kind of a society is OK with killing it's own citizens when they are at their most vulnerable and need their mother the most?
I refuse to have my morality dictated to me, or take any sort of life advice from someone that calls themself "PullMyFinger"

Old 03-25-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
It's abhorrent and a sign of how much our country and society has slid downward. I do support birth control though.

Right. Because there weren't no such thing as abortion before 'Murica, right?

Abortions have been taking place sense the dawn of humanity.

I thought that was because of us LGBT folk. Y'all need to make up your minds. Pick a devil and stick with it.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Actually, how about I begin passing judgment on women who get abortions after I myself will get surgically castrated? After all, surgical castration is the closest equivalent to abortion that male-bodied people currently have.
Well, you'll most likely permanently lose the ability to maintain an erection, but if that's what you want, go for it. But don't you want to go full bore Caligula on us ladies without repercussions ? Having your huevos removed seems somewhat self-defeating.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:59 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Well, you'll most likely permanently lose the ability to maintain an erection, but if that's what you want, go for it. But don't you want to go full bore Caligula on us ladies without repercussions ? Having your huevos removed seems somewhat self-defeating.
He sounds like they are already gone.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifflemaffle View Post
Are you for it or against it?

Watch this before you answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fLzzdSljPI
I will not watch your little video. I've given birth twice and am fully aware of the stages of fetal development, as are most women who seek abortions. I support a woman's right to make her own choice re abortion - doesn't matter what my stance is.

Old 03-26-2016, 11:47 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
It would be nice if many who are "Pro-Life" would be just as concerned if not moreso, about how children are raised once they exist, some ending up in Orphanages who will not be adopted or some ending up in negative Foster situations. Young girls are "forced" to give birth based upon parental beliefs, despite the lack of ability to care for a child, negatively affecting the life of the teen mother (and possibly a teen father), the parents involved, besides the newborn thrown into this situation.

Many kids are born into poverty or other bad circumstances, only to be affected dysfunctionally, having mental health issues, some becoming runaways or turning to crime. In some homes, if a child ends up identifying as LGBT, they are shunned, tossed out of the home to possibly live on the street. It's bad enough that these scenarios can occur, let alone creating more of it due to "unnecessary births".

All this, because some do not believe in allowing for birth control or just believing that every, single conception should result in there becoming another human being, despite what situation they may be born into. Aren't there enough in juvenile hall or overcrowded prisons? Aren't there enough people in need of Mental Health care? Aren't there enough people requiring Financial Aid? Aren't there enough being uneducated or unable to make good incomes (especially with wages being low)? Aren't there enough who are homeless? Isn't there enough unpaid debt from college or elsewhere? Isn't there enough traffic and air pollution, an overcrowded planet?

I don't believe that Abortion should be taken lightly, but should exist as it is necessary and is a woman's right to choose. If more people accepted the need for the instruction of safe sex, there would be fewer abortions in the first place. As said, those most opposed seem to contribute quite heavily to abortion.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:22 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIRLS2 View Post
I heard a saying once: All the people who are for abortion have already been born. I liken a "fetus" as a living, breathing organism, growing day by day, like a plant, you nurture it, and once nature has done it's work it's born. Like a plant, they can feel, they know their mother's heartbeat and voice. I know what I speak of. Ever notice how when a baby is born and the mother speaks that baby tilts his/her head towards that voice? It's called a mother/child bond. Once you connect the sperm and egg together that "fetus" is viable and deserves to live just like his/her mother did.
Quote:
vi·a·ble
adjective
capable of working successfully; feasible.

Well if this "baby" is VIABLE, which means it's working and living successfully, take it out of the woman's uterus and let the "baby" be viable in the NICU or something.

If it's a person from conception then it should be able to live, on its own, from conception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies