Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 07:42 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The #1 thing we can do is to completely disassociate ourselves with third world countries and STOP sending them free food. Humans will figure it out pretty quickly when America gets out of the free food business they will stop having children. The US has caused so much misery throughout the world with these idiotic liberal ideas of feeding everyone. How many billions of people now exist who cannot feed themselves and depend on handouts from America and other rich nations?

It has to stop. Birth control and education yes, but free food? NO. They have to support themselves.

The only answer is the path of God, it's always been the answer. Do not have sex outside of marriage. Respect women, do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Without that the world is misery.

Give them faith, give them education..not free food, not abortion.
Your post is completely devoid of that whole 'do unto others' bit you seem to be so fond of. The irony is strong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 07:56 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I never got the whole "pro choice" thing. I also question the "safe" aspect of it. Ask someone who works in an OR how many times they need to do emergency surgery related to failed abortions, even at very early stages. Also, I never understood the "none of your business so leave me alone" thing. If Bobby kills Jimmy because he though that Jimmy was sleeping with his woman, none of that is any of my business but should still be illegal and the law should be enforced.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I never got the whole "pro choice" thing. I also question the "safe" aspect of it. Ask someone who works in an OR how many times they need to do emergency surgery related to failed abortions, even at very early stages. Also, I never understood the "none of your business so leave me alone" thing. If Bobby kills Jimmy because he though that Jimmy was sleeping with his woman, none of that is any of my business but should still be illegal and the law should be enforced.
It's a clump of cells, not murder.

Abortion is safe. Mine went off without a hitch.

Old 03-14-2016, 07:58 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Your post is completely devoid of that whole 'do unto others' bit you seem to be so fond of. The irony is strong.

My biggest problem is that I see no future for humanity. If we take a sterile Petri dish with the right agar and touch it with our finger and then incubate the dish for the right amount of time; bacteria colonies literally eat themselves to death. I have come to the conclusion that we are no smarter than the bacteria in that Petri dish. All of our eggs are in this one basket. If a asteroid strikes Earth; it could be all over and we could say the same for a massive solar flare. At least the bacteria did not worry about the end!

Old 03-14-2016, 10:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Thumbs down Twisting my words to fit your agenda.

Quote:
Sounds like the justification for the holocaust in Germany.

"It's a dirty business"

"Well never do THAT"

"It's not our business what a country does within their borders"

Sounds a lot the same. Except far more have been killed by abortion.
Sounds a lot like your bias is showing.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:09 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
I never got the whole "pro choice" thing. I also question the "safe" aspect of it. Ask someone who works in an OR how many times they need to do emergency surgery related to failed abortions, even at very early stages.
Oh, please, do tell us about all of those botched abortions where women end up in the ER afterward. Since you claim it happens "many times" I'd like to see some statistics to prove your point.

Now if you go back pre-Roe v. Wade days I'm sure there are thousands upon thousands of such horror stories, and it seems you would be happy to return us to those days. Too bad for you, the women in this country will not allow it.

Quote:
Also, I never understood the "none of your business so leave me alone" thing. If Bobby kills Jimmy because he though that Jimmy was sleeping with his woman, none of that is any of my business but should still be illegal and the law should be enforced.
I've never understood why people can't seem to distinguish a zygote or a fetus from a living, breathing, autonomous human being. It's really not that difficult of a concept, yet again and again it needs to be explained to people who simply cannot grasp that concept. Why would we allow people with such obvious lack of intellectual acumen make decisions about what other people can or cannot do with their bodies when they themselves can't even tell the difference between a cluster of cells and a live human being?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile
Abortion is safe. Mine went off without a hitch.
As did mine.

Last edited by JAMS14; 03-14-2016 at 01:19 PM..

Old 03-14-2016, 01:10 PM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
The #1 thing we can do is to completely disassociate ourselves with third world countries and STOP sending them free food. Humans will figure it out pretty quickly when America gets out of the free food business they will stop having children. The US has caused so much misery throughout the world with these idiotic liberal ideas of feeding everyone. How many billions of people now exist who cannot feed themselves and depend on handouts from America and other rich nations?

It has to stop. Birth control and education yes, but free food? NO. They have to support themselves.

The only answer is the path of God, it's always been the answer. Do not have sex outside of marriage. Respect women, do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Without that the world is misery.

Give them faith, give them education..not free food, not abortion.
Religion is the problem, not the answer. People who believe in a "sky fairy" cannot have rational thought.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:12 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
This
Attached Thumbnails
What is your stance on abortion?-image.png  

Old 03-14-2016, 02:16 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Pro-choice.

I had an abortion. Hardest thing I've ever done, and I'm pretty sure I'd never do it again. Women, however, should have the right to choose.

I'm sorry, but I find it especially egregious when a man says it's wrong for a woman to choose abortion. I'm pretty damn certain that if these men could get pregnant, they'd be singing a different tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I don't think Republicans should have abortions, but I think Democrats should.
I'm sad that people like this exist.

Old 03-14-2016, 02:37 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I totally agree with you and the laws are not going to be changed, no matter who is elected. I will say, I do understand abortion when a fetus is totally damaged with no chance of living outside the womb.
There may be other times as well when I can understand the reason for it, so I guess I can't say I am 100% pro life. Isn't this the way many of us feel about a lot of things? Most issues are not black and white.

There's a heck of a lot of gray in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies