Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2016, 04:23 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I feel as though there's a handful of posters here who have made it their job to propagate 24/7 on behalf of their candidate. They flood this forum ad nauseum with thread after thread after thread, often duplicating an already-existing thread on the same topic, just so they can spice up the new thread title with yep - you guessed it - more propaganda. It may be well-intended, but the only effect I see is growing hatred and in-fighting and a contest to see who can out-yammer each other here. It's really beyond the pale.

It's easy to see the difference between a passionate American expressing their views and engaging in debate with others on this tumultuous election season, and maniacal keyboard banging candidate shills here to badger, bully, and brainwash others. I've passed the point of trying to communicate at all with those types. They aren't here to listen and learn ... only talk and be heard.
Wow, very well-said!

Old 03-12-2016, 04:32 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,044 times
There's one guy who is a complete irrational leftist moron but when he posts on other forums on subjects that I'm interested in and on which he posts with some knowledge I am a willing participant. I just figure the guy is mentally ill.

Old 03-12-2016, 04:42 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times
I laugh at most of it. Since I haven't read an original idea on here yet, it does get quite comical. I have seen some funny links as 'support'.

There is a current healthcare one I'm not weighing in because I explained in another thread, in a lot of detail. Life's too short to educate those who've already made their mind up.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:27 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,977,735 times
I see none of them have posted here.....yet

Old 03-12-2016, 10:20 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
I find myself pulling away from convo's where the intent isn't political and then someone makes a god damn annoying as hell political statement, they throw it out like a ripe turd in your face and you are stuck dealing with it.

I tend to just back out of those conversations as nothing good ever comes out of a political conversations. The only thing that happens is that one or both sides gets all pissy and butt hurt.

I've got political views that offend most people even hardcore lefts and rights, so f I say my true thoughts i'm bound to offend someone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.