Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 02:17 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
on Immigration, yes. We are on the same page.

How you went from an Obama supporter to a Trump supporter, that I will never understand.
Look at Bernie and Hillary. I used to think Hillary was a moderate, but she has gone so far left ever since Bernie became a serious contender. I don't believe anything Hillary has to say anymore. I respect Bernie a lot, but I disagree with almost everything he says except healthcare and the campaign finance system. I actually find Obama to be pretty moderate. I find Trump to be more moderate than Clinton or Bernie, which is why I'm supporting him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Where I'm at it's "all liberals are bad". The media here paints them as awful and any office or restaurant playing news on the tv will have it turned to Fox. I've lived all over as well, from California to Utah to Wyoming to Michigan and more.

Politics is just like religion for some people, it's an excuse to be a hateful human being.
Yeah, I know what you mean. In Alaska it's pretty much all conservatives besides Anchorage, Juneau and Homer. However, I could still have political conversations. I would get people who would say, HOW COULD YOU SUPPORT A COMMUNIST (Obama), but I was still able to have a discussion with most people. In San Francisco, if I said I support Trump, I'd automatically get hit with I must be a racist, bigot etc, just childish name calling. Heck, they even banned Chick Fil A from opening a store there, which is ridiculous lol.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:24 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,359,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Yeah, I know what you mean. In Alaska it's pretty much all conservatives besides Anchorage, Juneau and Homer. However, I could still have political conversations. I would get people who would say, HOW COULD YOU SUPPORT A COMMUNIST (Obama), but I was still able to have a discussion with most people. In San Francisco, if I said I support Trump, I'd automatically get hit with I must be a racist, bigot etc, just childish name calling. Heck, they even banned Chick Fil A from opening a store there, which is ridiculous lol.
I think the political climate has changed a lot over the last 4 years. I'm not able to have a real conversation about politics with most people who live around me. I'm not even completely liberal however the fact that I don't hate Obama is too much for most people to handle.

Thus I remain silent most the time. I'm not going to change anyone's mind and I have no desire to.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Look at Bernie and Hillary. I used to think Hillary was a moderate, but she has gone so far left ever since Bernie became a serious contender. I don't believe anything Hillary has to say anymore. I respect Bernie a lot, but I disagree with almost everything he says except healthcare and the campaign finance system. I actually find Obama to be pretty moderate. I find Trump to be more moderate than Clinton or Bernie, which is why I'm supporting him.
Trump has moved right in recent years where Hillary has moved left.

I dont see how you could make the "I cant believe what comes out of her mouth " argument while supporting Trump. If anything, he flips more than she does. I just dont see where you see the moderate in Trump unless you are looking at Trump from 2007.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:53 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Here's the thing.
I know a lot of people, from all walks of life.
The most vile intolerant people I know (who get damn near violent) when talking politics is ALWAYS Libs.

We can be having a nice time, having wine- everyone's mellow...
Then someone will bring up a topic that sets 'em off

They're like pitbulls- they will attack for no apparent reason

Free speech is something they cannot comprehend.
It appears free speech is something that YOU cannot comprehend. As in, those folks have every right to protest or to disagree, whether it's over drinks or at a rally.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Liberals will never say they oppose free speech. You have to ask them other questions.

First question to ask them is how they feel about the decision in Citizens United, you will find they damn near universally oppose free speech.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:57 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
I'm completely at a loss to understand your bizarre headline. In general, liberals support free speech more than conservatives do.

And I can't imagine why you think the Democratic party is too left, since Hillary Clinton is pretty conservative.

No one is arguing against the right of Trump supporters to have a rally. But has it somehow escaped your notice that Trump is regularly espousing violence (although he'd claim that he didn't literally mean it) and using violent metaphors, and it's resulting in the rarity of violence breaking out at his rallies?

Old 03-13-2016, 03:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I'm completely at a loss to understand your bizarre headline. In general, liberals support free speech more than conservatives do.
Not anymore, Rip.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Trump has moved right in recent years where Hillary has moved left.

I dont see how you could make the "I cant believe what comes out of her mouth " argument while supporting Trump. If anything, he flips more than she does. I just dont see where you see the moderate in Trump unless you are looking at Trump from 2007.
Hillary has changed drastically in the past months. With that being said, at least Trump gives direct answers to questions. Hillary is the typical politician where she is asked a simple question and speaks for 5 minutes and then the reporter has to ask, so do you XYZ and still refuses to give a solid answer. Everything she says could be taken as either or. My GF who isn't into politics said this to me, like why won't she just give a straight answer! Trump was a Democrat and moved right, so now he is center right. Hillary was a Democrat who moved left, so now she is far left.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:18 PM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Protesting is good- violence is NOT- - we need to be able to protest and that makes our nation free- the violence that has ensued is 2 way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies