Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 10:22 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

we'll see.

his RCP approval average has been predominantly stagnant all summer. it the past couple weeks he's taken a 4point hit. will be interesting to see if the RCP gets a rebound tomorrow or continues to decline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,586,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I really hope this is the start of a permanent decline... Sadly, I think there are several reasons why so many Trump supporters won't admit they are wrong in voting for Trump. You can't admit when you're in denial, ignorant and/or apathetic about what's going on.
It's DDS-----the Double-Down Syndrome. When people put all of themselves behind something, they have no recourse, if it turns out to be false. So they go into denial and try to bolster their situation, by insisting even more vehemently, that it is valid. No matter what evidence is presented to the contrary, they double-down, until their little worlds explode.

And what an odious conflagration of these misfits Trump has drawn to his side. Ignorant rednecks, who are only marginally employable, Neo-Nazis, white nationalists, nihilists, who want to abolish all government and traitors who would aid and abet our enemies, to further their unworthy version of what our country should be.

Old 09-04-2018, 12:51 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,118,499 times
More fake news.

Anyone who actually read wikileaks knows that the Dems collude with the media outlets to rig the polls. That is why you braindead leafties thought that you were going to win the presidency and both houses of Congress. Try winnng an election cycle and then we'll talk.

In any event:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/comment...g-is-going-up/

Old 09-04-2018, 03:14 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
More fake news.

Anyone who actually read wikileaks knows that the Dems collude with the media outlets to rig the polls. That is why you braindead leafties thought that you were going to win the presidency and both houses of Congress. Try winnng an election cycle and then we'll talk.

In any event:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/comment...g-is-going-up/
Good link !!!

In fact, growth in manufacturing jobs over the past year was greater than at any time since 1995. Blue-collar work for blue-collar skills and blue-collar guys.
This comes after years of being told by Washington elites and the media that their way of life was obsolete, that the people J.D. Vance wrote so eloquently about in "Hillbilly Elegy" had no future. Then Trump shows up, tells them they have reason to hope, and jobs—their kind of jobs—follow. Is it any surprise those workers and their families are sticking with Trump?

Old 09-04-2018, 04:02 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
If the Democrats make significant progress in taking the house "Trump Republicans" will be like confederate dollars to the RNC and those democrats who voted for Trump the DNC won't want need back.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 09-04-2018 at 04:30 AM..

Old 09-04-2018, 04:49 AM

9,322 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Polls are BS. Remember the polls predicted Hillary the winner.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:51 AM

16,277 posts, read 10,405,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
More fake news.

Love how The Cult dismissed polls, until they say good news. Then they like their President can't wait to crow about them. If it's all a left wing conspiracy then please explain why Trump's approval ratings in the FOX News poll is a dismal 45% vs a disapproval rating of 53%?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

Old 09-04-2018, 04:52 AM

225 posts, read 150,171 times
Jobs definitely are very important. One thing is that, while globalization has been pitched as beneficial to white-colar workers, it has not. When the blue-colar base erodes and immigrants get imported to compete against citizens for white-colar jobs, then even college grads get some of the pie in their faces.

A college grad now has to pretty much accept whatever conditions the shareholders of wherever they get a "chance" to "prove themselves" decide is acceptable for their shares' return. The employer has plenty choices. He can just hire an immigrant who will jump at a job with poor conditions. The college grad has no recourse to find a decent blue-colar job instead if the coproration wants to exploit them, because that base has been also eroded by malicious immigration.

People need to keep this in mind. If the base below you erodes, then you're next in line. All workers, blue- or white-colar, need to stick together. We are all part of one economy and we all sit in the same boat!

Old 09-04-2018, 04:56 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Love how The Cult dismissed polls, until they say good news. Then they like their President can't wait to crow about them. If it's all a left wing conspiracy then please explain why Trump's approval ratings in the FOX News poll is a dismal 45% vs a disapproval rating of 53%?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
I know.

Every time Rasmussen shows anywhere close to 50% approval, there's a new thread celebrating the great news.

The only poll that really makes any difference is in two months.

Now if we can only keep the Russian operatives out of it.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:29 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
It's DDS-----the Double-Down Syndrome. When people put all of themselves behind something, they have no recourse, if it turns out to be false.
That's simple human nature. I'm sure we've all been wrong about something, but rather than admit that fault, we double-down on it and make an excuse.

"Honey, did you forget to put out the garbage?"

"It isn't my fault! I was heading outside to put out the garbage but then you asked me to walk the dog, so I forgot to put the garbage can out. See? It is really your fault?"

Now, just take that relatively benign problem with the garbage can and extrapolate to something like people's selection for President. Maybe I'd come around and say "yeah, I messed up about the garbage... no big deal. I'll drive it to the dump myself."

Can't rectify a vote for President so easily. The only thing left is to climb into bed with him for a long ride.

My apologies for that terrible metaphor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies