Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2019, 01:59 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

I thought polls were rigged and fake news - or is that only when the numbers are bad? Remember "all the polls had Hillary winning", and the Trump fans were crowing to beat the band in the weeks following the election....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2019, 02:01 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
What a wild ride. Lots of butt hurt. Lots of insults. Lots of TDS.

But....

The man won’t go away. I repeat...won’t go away.

Say hello to 2nd term President Trump.

Like him or hate him, he has pushed through more criticism than perhaps any person in modern history.

Man of the century for sure.

Now I’ll leave the Trump haters to make their usual “witty” remarks (that just HAVE NOT worked for 3 years).
It's a little early yet. Nobody is voting for quite some time. I'd hold off on that victory lap.

As others have noted, the State of the Union always gives the President in power a bit of a boost. Let's see how declaring a state of emergency to get his way works in his favor.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
I don't believe any of them....none of them can get conservatives to poll
...anywho Rasmussen says Trump's at 50%

Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
In the past most president's approval rating went up shortly after the State of the Union. It will gradually decrease where it should be which is the low 30s.

Trump will not be president after 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I thought polls were rigged and fake news - or is that only when the numbers are bad? Remember "all the polls had Hillary winning", and the Trump fans were crowing to beat the band in the weeks following the election....
Which makes the situation even more screwed up for those that don’t like him...

I’m sorry/not sorry.

Better hurry up with some political nuclear bombs because this dude is for real.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:05 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
In the past most president's approval rating went up shortly after the State of the Union. It will gradually decrease where it should be which is the low 30s.

Trump will not be president after 2020.
I think what happened 16 is that NO ONE really thought Trump could win. So people stayed home. BOOOOOO. I do NOT think that will happen again. Or I can hope.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I don't believe any of them....none of them can get conservatives to poll
...anywho Rasmussen says Trump's at 50%
Yeah but that 50 is down from a week ago. Not sure that's the trend y'all were going for.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:06 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The all polls had Hillary winning, I think, is the reason people stayed home.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:10 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,800 times
If Trump decides to run, I do think he'll win in 2020. Problem is that the Democratic platform is really weak sauce right about now and their candidates look bleak.

I think their message falls on many deaf ears. Their causes, while valid, are increasing met with indifference from mainstream America.

I'm Libertarian so I don't have that much skin in the game. But I'm also a realist. Beware Dems, Trump is a lot more popular than you guys think he is....Prepare to be disappointed again.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:17 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
What a wild ride. Lots of butt hurt. Lots of insults. Lots of TDS.

But....

The man won’t go away. I repeat...won’t go away.

Say hello to 2nd term President Trump.

Like him or hate him, he has pushed through more criticism than perhaps any person in modern history.

Man of the century for sure.

Now I’ll leave the Trump haters to make their usual “witty” remarks (that just HAVE NOT worked for 3 years).
People's hatred for the First Amendment and collective desire to return to our supposed glory days of the 1950s "Trumps" all reason and sanity today.

Old 02-14-2019, 02:22 PM

18,447 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah but that 50 is down from a week ago. Not sure that's the trend y'all were going for.
...and when it went up to get there....not sure that was the trend y'all were going for either....LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies