Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 10:16 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Correction: 80% of the media just reports the news.

20% of the media licks tRump's boots and refuses to report his many daily foul-ups. Matter of fact, they slag all over the legitimate press for covering reality.

Just stay tuned to Fox News, Infowars, Breitbart, National Enquirer and hate radio to get the tRump-friendly non-news.

Trumplings will be much happier that way.

Fox New goes after trump and calls him out. It's all the other morons on Fox(opinion shows) that lick trumps shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 10:26 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You don't see a drip drip of each person that loses health insurance, finds out their plant has closed, finds the coal mine bankrupt, files for bankruptcy due to medical bills, etc????

not yet in the numbers. his RCP comfort zone seems to be 42.2-45.2 . if he consistently polls under 42.2 i'll see it as a downward trend.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:33 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I just don't believe anything I see/hear/read in the "media" anymore. None of it. Any integrity they once had was lost long ago.
Ditto. Funny how that works.

Old 09-10-2019, 11:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:

Same as it is for everyone. TV, radio, print, net.
Okay, so about 90% of what you're exposed to is biased. Some is really bad, some not.

Quote:
The ones with journalists are biased towards reality.
Like Jim Acosta?

Lol, I'm not a Sean Hannity fanboy but he is by far the #1 in the ratings in that time slot. Fox news is by far #1. CNN literally has less viewers primetime than the ID and Hallmark Channels. MSNBC is only slightly better, ratings wise.

So it would appear more people than not disagree with you view of what reality is.

The non-opinion news on Fox I find to be the least biased out of all of it.

But even on said opinions shows, most of what they do is just call out the bs from the MSM, the stuff you're brainwashed by.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Okay, so about 90% of what you're exposed to is biased. Some is really bad, some not.
that's just like, your opinion, man.

Quote:
Like Jim Acosta?
Like dozens upon dozens of professional journalists across the media.

Quote:
Lol, I'm not a Sean Hannity fanboy but he is by far the #1 in the ratings in that time slot. Fox news is by far #1. CNN literally has less viewers primetime than the ID and Hallmark Channels. MSNBC is only slightly better, ratings wise.
And Trumplings constantly bellow, "We don't believe the polls!"
Quote:
So it would appear more people than not disagree with you view of what reality is.
Again, based on your opinion.
Quote:
The non-opinion news on Fox I find to be the least biased out of all of it.

But even on said opinions shows, most of what they do is just call out the bs from the MSM, the stuff you're brainwashed by.
"Brainwashed" you sputter. Amusing.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That will go down as one of the great mysteries of all time. HOW in the world did the coal miners, and former auto workers believe he is one of "them"? How in the world did that happen.
As a retired steelworker I can tell you this. It was the racism that Trump was and is selling. Obama was wrong when he was in Pa. talking about clinging to guns and religion. For the most part, they cling to guns and racism. I worked with them for 35 years.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Let's look at NC District 9 special election last night. The Democrat McCreedy was widely believed to be the eventual winner of this election. They poured millions into the attempt to win it. The local teevee was nothing but adverts for McCreedy. Haven't seen anything like it since Hillary tried the same thing.

Then..............

Trump and Pence come to NC Monday. Pence the VP drew bigger crowds than Joe Biden. Trump's rally was massive as usual.

Democrats lost another one they badly wanted to win. This in a district that was court ordered to be redrawn in 2016 to make it easier for them to win.

Very very bad for Democrats. Very very good for Trump.

This is the real popularity and approval rating. Real America. Not the fake one made up by the pollsters.

Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Polls mean diddly squat.

2016 was a prime example.
It was disgruntled Bernie supporters who put Trump in the WH and no pollster could see that coming. I hope they`re proud of themselves.

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/54581...p-survey-finds

Old 09-11-2019, 07:00 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
It was disgruntled Bernie supporters who put Trump in the WH and no pollster could see that coming. I hope they`re proud of themselves..

Trump won the White House because he beat Hillary Clinton. It's not the fault of the voters.

Old 09-11-2019, 08:07 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
As a retired steelworker I can tell you this. It was the racism that Trump was and is selling. Obama was wrong when he was in Pa. talking about clinging to guns and religion. For the most part, they cling to guns and racism. I worked with them for 35 years.
Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies