Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 09:12 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordbalfor View Post
i'm not mystified. None of that other stuff matters to trumps toadies. All they care about is "making america white again". That is what it's all about. Nothing else. White supremacy. Getting out as many "brown" people as possible and keeping them out. As long as he continues along that path, they'll follow him to the gates of hell - which is where they are going.

Ken
so true!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 09:14 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Right, because nobody cares. Oh gee, Trump wants to dig up dirt on Biden, people would be shocked if her wasn't doing that even asking for favors. Completely inconsequential

On the Syria thing, this is his first real serious mistake with actual real life consequences. I think he's going to lose enough support on this to cost him the election. And if he wasn't going to hell for how he treated John McCain he sure is for having stabbed all the Kurds in the back after helping Americans all these years and lead them to slaughter
The Ukraine business is shady as hell, but people know that about Trump. That's not a huge shock.

But stabbing the Kurds in the back, and leaving American soldiers to be sitting ducks while the Turks fire on either side of them, intimidating them, and proving to the world that we are Putin's *****, that's a whole different matter.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
On the Syria thing,...

trump took a significant hit today on his RCP average ( -1.5 approval v disapproval ). this includes factoring in a +2 increase on rasmussen.

approval 42.7 disapproval 54.0 spread -11.3

my guess that the RCP drop will continue tomorrow and friday putting his approval somewhere between 40.7 - 41.7 going into the weekend

Old 10-16-2019, 10:28 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

But stabbing the Kurds in the back, and leaving American soldiers to be sitting ducks while the Turks fire on either side of them, intimidating them, and proving to the world that we are Putin's *****, that's a whole different matter.
Normal Americans don't give a hoot about what is going on in some hellhole across the world.

Anyone who thinks we do are detached from normal America.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:30 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Normal Americans don't give a hoot about what is going on in some hellhole across the world.

we'll have to see if the numbers support your claim. so far.... it's not looking good.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:33 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:

Anyone who thinks we do are detached from normal America.
"Normal Americans"??

No, we're better than that. Kinda hits home hard when it is the top news online, in the headlines, and on the air.

Normal Americans feel pain, frustration, and horror at the atrocities now occurring due to Trump's idiocy.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
we'll have to see if the numbers support your claim. so far.... it's not looking good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
"Normal Americans"??

No, we're better than that. Kinda hits home hard when it is the top news online, in the headlines, and on the air.

Normal Americans feel pain, frustration, and horror at the atrocities now occurring due to Trump's idiocy.
That's right. Normal Americans.

I guess if CNN and MSNBC propaganda can manipulate the masses into believing some how what happens in the desert 5000 miles away is more important than the very pressing issues facing normal Americans, maybe. Fake news and all that.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
That's right. Normal Americans.

I guess if CNN and MSNBC propaganda can manipulate the masses into believing some how what happens in the desert 5000 miles away is more important than the very pressing issues facing normal Americans, maybe. Fake news and all that.
If what is happening in another part of the world is something horrific, At that time it IS more important than what is happening here at home. Especially if the US President has caused the problem.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
If what is happening in another part of the world is something horrific, At that time it IS more important than what is happening here at home. Especially if the US President has caused the problem.
I'm sorry, but no, it is not.

I am an isolationist first and foremost. As long as there are hundreds of thousands of Americans homeless and 10s of thousands dying every year of ODs, and there are 30 million illegals floating around depressing my wages, I am sorry, but there are far more pressing issues occurring in America. Despite what Fake News propagates.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:55 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but no, it is not.

I am an isolationist first and foremost. As long as there are hundreds of thousands of Americans homeless and 10s of thousands dying every year of ODs, and there are 30 million illegals floating around depressing my wages, I am sorry, but there are far more pressing issues occurring in America. Despite what Fake News propagates.
Blaming illegals for your depressing wages like right-winging nationalists love to do is more what I would call "fake news" and/or false propaganda, and the thousands of homeless, in poverty or all too close are not because of illegals either! Understand what are truly the "more pressing issues occurring in America" and stop diverting the attention toward these favorite Trump punching bags and maybe just maybe America will have a chance to really fix what is really wrong with the fact that so much incredible wealth is in the hands of so few while half of Americans can't even afford an emergency car repair expense!

I'm sorry, but get a clue!

Last edited by LearnMe; 10-17-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies