Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2020, 09:34 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
Cuomo will continue to rise while Trumps tiny bump will collapse down.
That is happening

Polls suggest public approval of Trump’s job combating coronavirus fading

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...navirus-fading

Quote:
Fifty-four percent of Americans questioned in a new national survey from Monmouth University said the federal government’s measures have not gone far enough to slow the spread of the virus across the country. That’s up 9 percentage points from a month ago. Just 35 percent said the federal government’s measures have been appropriate, down from 47 percent in March.

The survey, released Wednesday, also indicates that 55 percent said the federal government’s not doing enough to help states hard hit by the pandemic, with 37 percent saying Washington is doing enough.

“Most Americans disagree with the Trump administration’s position that the federal government is a backup to the states. The public seems to view this as a national crisis that requires a national response on par with the aggressive approach taken by the states,” Monmouth University Polling Institute director Patrick Murray highlighted.

A CNN national poll also released Wednesday showed that 41 percent think the federal government’s doing a good job of preventing the spread of the virus. That’s down 7 points from late last month. Fifty-five percent rated Washington’s response as poor, up 8 points.

A third national poll released on Wednesday suggests that a majority feel that President Trump hasn’t acted with enough force in combating the coronavirus. Fifty-five percent of registered voters questioned in a Quinnipiac University survey said that the president had not acted aggressively enough in responding to the crisis, with 41 percent saying he response has been about right and 2 percent saying Trump’s been too aggressive.

CORONAVIRUS: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOWN

Forty-six percent of those questioned in the Monmouth poll said the president’s done a good job dealing with the pandemic, with 49 percent saying he’s done a bad job. In a Monmouth survey from two weeks earlier, half of those questioned said Trump was doing a good job and 45 percent gave him a thumbs down.

The president’s approval rating on handling the coronavirus is also slightly underwater in the Quinnipiac poll, at 46 percent approval and 51 percent disapproval.

By comparison, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, earned a 78 percent approval rating, with just 7 percent disapproving of his performance.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York – the state hardest hit by the pandemic – stood at 59-17 percent approval-disapproval in the Quinnipiac poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 09:53 AM

10,721 posts, read 4,333,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
trump is still a half point above his comfort zone but his RCP approval has taken a significant hit this week going from 47.3% to 45.2
In September of 2016 Trump's RCP national average fell to 40.1.....so for him to be that low when they were so close to voting in the midterms.....and Republicans still won Florida Governorship AND Senate (and BTW the last 2 men to win the General Election without winning Florida are Clinton92 and JFK60, so its very rare), it makes me think the national average can be anything and he'll still be reelected.
I mean unless you can convince me that Biden will win Florida, I don't see Trump losing the White House.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:55 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,706,007 times
IMO all the blind hatred from liberal / progressive people towards Trump in these times and just attacking instead of trying to work through this together and setting aside differences is going to leave a very bad taste in the mouths of swing voters who they need to vote for Biden. I don't see how Trump doesn't get re-elected in November after all this

Old 04-09-2020, 12:11 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
IMO all the blind hatred from liberal / progressive people towards Trump in these times and just attacking instead of trying to work through this together and setting aside differences is going to leave a very bad taste in the mouths of swing voters who they need to vote for Biden. I don't see how Trump doesn't get re-elected in November after all this
Really? So, in your opinion Trump should never be criticized and if "liberal/progressive people" are all really good children and pay appropriate homage to our man-child President, then and only then can Biden be elected - that's good, very good in fact

Old 04-09-2020, 12:15 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,443,002 times
Quote:
just attacking instead of trying to work through this together and setting aside differences
You mean like Trump calling Biden "Sleepy Joe" during his daily free, televised partisan rally he calls "Coronavirus Update"?

Lol.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Really? So, in your opinion Trump should never be criticized and if "liberal/progressive people" are all really good children and pay appropriate homage to our man-child President, then and only then can Biden be elected - that's good, very good in fact
The thing voters will take offense to is that the attacks were continuous at the inappropriate time, the time to blame is after the crisis. When you continuously blame during a crisis then you are part of the problem. Gov. Cuomo in New York figured that out pretty fast, and it's made a big difference in getting things accomplished. He hasn't attacked the president personally once, and his approval ratings went through the roof as a result. Not rallying behind the leader in times of crisis, whoever that is, is seen as extremely un-American

Old 04-09-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
The thing voters will take offense to is that the attacks were continuous at the inappropriate time, the time to blame is after the crisis. When you continuously blame during a crisis then you are part of the problem
WHENEVER you "continuously blame" others it's a problem. Unfortunately this is Trump's game. Nothing close to "the buck stops here" taking of responsibility. He'll always claim credit while kicking the can of responsibility anywhere else.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-09-2020 at 12:30 PM..

Old 04-09-2020, 12:47 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
The thing voters will take offense to is that the attacks were continuous at the inappropriate time, the time to blame is after the crisis. When you continuously blame during a crisis then you are part of the problem. Gov. Cuomo in New York figured that out pretty fast, and it's made a big difference in getting things accomplished. He hasn't attacked the president personally once, and his approval ratings went through the roof as a result. Not rallying behind the leader in times of crisis, whoever that is, is seen as extremely un-American
Seriously someone who is going to vote for Trump will vote for Trump even if he kills their first born, anyone who is going to vote for Biden will vote for him. I seriously doubt if anyone will base their decision about who to vote for based on what I say about Trump

And Trump deserves criticism right now, he allowed this pandemic to go on for too long and when he did something he didn't have the huevos to make national orders he just waved his hand and said that states can do what they want- you tell me, how is that leadership? Now he's decided to quit paying for testing- gosh, what could that be about? hint: remember when he didn't want the people on the cruise ship to disembark because it would hurt "the numbers"?

I don't ask for much, I'm not looking for free stuff or expecting a utopia if Biden is POTUS, I just pray that at some point we will once again have a functional government. But as far as how we'd better be nice to Trump "or else" you can miss me with that.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Seriously someone who is going to vote for Trump will vote for Trump even if he kills their first born, anyone who is going to vote for Biden will vote for him.
No doubt his base voters will. Your problem is the swing voters in personal crisis are you are massively alienating

Old 04-09-2020, 01:08 PM

Quote:
No doubt his base voters will. Your problem is the swing voters in personal crisis are you are massively alienating
I think many of the swing voters who voted for Trump last time were voting against Hillary rather than for Trump. The ones I know have largely been horrified at his behavior, and lack of understanding of how government and leadership works. They believed he would adjust once elected. This is why Trump's base has been pushing for Bernie or another Hillary run. It was their best chance for reelection. Now they're worried and will step up the name calling and childish behavior. Yes, even during a time if crisis. Because that's all they have and all they seem to know.
Many Americans are tired of this kind of behavior from leaders. Just ask former acting SecNav.

Last edited by maciesmom; 04-09-2020 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies