Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 01:39 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Biden 47.0
Trump 46.8
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6841.html

By September/October Trump may lead Florida by 3 or 4%.

interesting. as you've pointed out in this thread the winner in florida will most likely take the whole election. what exactly do you think is going to happen between now and november that will give trump a 3-4 lead in florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the swing states, for example in Florida currently:
Biden 47.0
Trump 46.8
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-6841.html

By September/October Trump may lead Florida by 3 or 4%.

today:

Biden 46.5
Trump 43.3

Old 04-24-2020, 04:37 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
interesting. as you've pointed out in this thread the winner in florida will most likely take the whole election. what exactly do you think is going to happen between now and november that will give trump a 3-4 lead in florida?
The more Biden is in public, the easier Trump wins.
Coronavirus is hiding Biden, but that won't continue....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo9Bkjafv9o
The point is, no poll in April will convince anyone that Biden is going to win.
Heck, in the final polls taken in November 2016 before election day, Hillary led Trump in every swing state other than Florida (they were tied in Florida polls) and that is why Nate Silver said Hillary would win 302 electoral votes- https://i.imgur.com/cyNFlqi.jpg

Old 04-24-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
The more Biden is in public, the easier Trump wins.
Coronavirus is hiding Biden, but that won't continue....

that's a false claim of trump's that biden won't debate him:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-...150255263.html

Old 04-26-2020, 08:49 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
that's a false claim of trump's that biden won't debate him:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-...150255263.html
I don't think Biden will go for the debate if Trump accepted the challenge. And until the convention Trump would be crazy to debate; if Biden performs as badly as I expect he'll be off the ticket and Trump will have a real opponent.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Rasmussen is one of the few pollsters who uses Likely Voters, so I like to follow them.

i'm finding it interesting that rasmussen has often been below the RCP average the past couple weeks ( currently -6.4 RCP -10 rasmussen ).

Old 04-29-2020, 02:24 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
i'm finding it interesting that rasmussen has often been below the RCP average the past couple weeks ( currently -6.4 RCP -10 rasmussen ).
I have noticed that so I would assume they aren't going to like that one either.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:29 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
According to 538, Trumps net approval rating is the lowest of any prez running for re-election except for Jimmy Carter and even then Trump's is just 0.4% higher than Carter.

Trump supporters: This is actually good for Trump becuz that silent majority of secret Trump supporters that gave him negative 3 million votes against the 2nd most hated candididate in Hillary will show up

Old 04-29-2020, 04:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Trump is threatened to sue his campaign manager for bad polling numbers

Quote:
Aides described Trump as in a particularly foul mood last week because of the polling data and news coverage of his administration’s response to the pandemic, according to two of the people familiar with the discussions. In one call, he berated Parscale over the polling data, the two people said.

At one point in that call, Trump said he might sue Parscale, though one of the people with knowledge of the comments said he made the remark in jest. News of Trump’s eruption at Parscale was first reported Wednesday by CNN.

“I’m not losing to Joe Biden,” Trump said at one point, both of these people said, adding that the president used profanities throughout the call. https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...c0e_story.html

Old 04-29-2020, 04:56 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
According to 538, Trumps net approval rating is the lowest of any prez running for re-election except for Jimmy Carter and even then Trump's is just 0.4% higher than Carter.

Trump supporters: This is actually good for Trump becuz that silent majority of secret Trump supporters that gave him negative 3 million votes against the 2nd most hated candididate in Hillary will show up
You think so? I'm not so sure about that. It will be interesting to see how people vote. If a family lost a member during this epidemic, they may feel negative toward Trump. He has, after all, not been truthful or even helpful during this time. On the other hand, lots of folks are for him who are extremely quiet about it, for fear of being ridiculed.

Joe Biden is not hated like Hillary was. Hillary had been bashed for 30 years by the Right, who are so completely afraid of her. They know if she had become President, she would have stopped their stealing from the government. Joe, on the other hand, seems like someone's uncle.

Hopefully, this Reade complaint will be resolved before he election. It is like she has been sitting in wait for the right time to go after Biden. She only worked for his office for 9 months. Wonder why that was? I read she was fired, but don't know if that is true. Was she a troublemaker? Or is there some truth to her allegations? Or did she approach Biden with sexual innuendo? Wish I knew. However, even if the story is true, I will vote for Biden, because I think Trump is destroying our country and our civilization. Trump needs to be gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies