Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Read my comments more. I approve of some things Trump does. That doesnt make me love him or hate him. I just call it as I see it. In fact my comment here makes the point that I expect a recession during his presidency....and that I would expect that no matter who was there. How good or bad that is dealt with may be influenced by him, and I will make judgement calls then and there.

I know this isn't how you think, that you think someone just hates the guy because he wasn't the person they voted for, but I suggest that maybe you should stop thinking of this as some game, and start looking at individual actions.

The approval numbers are horrid. Especially for a president with a good economy. Start looking at facts.
"I just call it as I see it" Through blinders.

I don't recall you EVER saying anything good about Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 09:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I think what's hard to distinguish, but is an important distinction, is between the dislike for Trump personally, and whether people like his policies and/or accomplishments. That's more important to me, but I think it's very hard for people to get past their dislike of Trump personally.

I am in that netherland where I can't stand his personality and disturbed by some of his behavior, but am totally on board with his policies and direction he is steering the country. I voted for Obama the first time,
but think Obama and Bush were the two absolute worst presidents in my lifetime. (I'm 66)
I can. Trump policy some I agree with, others I don't. The other problem with Trump is how he os acting which is a part of the job. He don't often do speeches like that and I DID put over his State of the Union speech. However, most of his other comments whether him or his surrogates is very combative and dividing, not unifying like they need to be.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:20 AM

30,143 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

Upon entering office Obama had a 69% approval rating, and a 59% when he left office. Here you are literally bragging about how great Trumps.....44% rating.
You skillfully left out the in between time for Obama where his approval rating dipped into the 30's while the economy was improving. Yes the high point for Obama was his initial months in office. Obama was a likeable guy to a majority of people and approval ratings are often likeability ratings.

I did not vote for Trump but if the economy roars this year at a much faster pace because of the tax cuts which I believe it will most Americans won't vote out the GOP just because Trump is obnoxious and not likeable to a majority of people.

I have Hispanic friends who simply loathe Trump because of his immigration policies who are now ecstatic with their larger paychecks and are warming up to him and the GOP.

Money talks.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:46 AM

16,077 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump hit a home run last night.
Right into the empty seats. He's doomed.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:53 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Just checked Real Clear's running list of polls.

Disapproval ratings still outrank Trump's approval ratings by a long shot. Even Fox has disapprovals at +8.

As the old joke goes about the guy who was tying his new running sneakers as he and his buddy head off on a hike in bear country.

"So you think you're going to outrun a bear," taunts his buddy.

"Don't have to outrun a bear," said the guy. "Only have to outrun you."
The problem for you is, you have to get all 55% of the malcontents to vote for the same person. Bet ya can't do it.
You will have many candidates, and they will all chase each other farther and farther left.

We Republicans don't have that problem. That's why incumbents get reelected so often.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:59 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Looks like Trump and the Republics are picking up steam.
Wait until people start getting their February pay checks.
The State of the Union speech finally gave regular Americans the chance to hear the many accomplishments
Of Trump and his administration that the MSM tries to hide from them.

I am not saying that Trump doesn't act and say disturbing things, but last night all the Dems and their liberal media's conspiracies about Trump being a Nazi racist, a Russian spy, Armageddon for America, and a knuckle dragging idiot were shown to be democrat BS last night.

I hope he can keep it up and not blow it before the November elections. He is teaching the republicans how to fight the dem bullies and win.

Republican congress is still behind in generic congress, but one poll today only gave the Dems a 2+ lead
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...vote-6185.html
I thought Trump supporters didn't believe in polls.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Whatever you manage to come up with as a rebuttal doesn't really matter because you're one of the people that will hate Trump no matter what he says, what he does and how well the economy is doing. There's really nothing more to say because you can't get blood out of a rock.
There's that 'hate' excuse again ... nothing substantive to add, just writing criticism off as hate.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:09 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,567,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I can. Trump policy some I agree with, others I don't. The other problem with Trump is how he os acting which is a part of the job. He don't often do speeches like that and I DID put over his State of the Union speech. However, most of his other comments whether him or his surrogates is very combative and dividing, not unifying like they need to be.
How I've come to terms with his personality problems is realizing that, interestingly, it took a brash rude aggressive narcissistic New York bully to teach the wimpy republicans how to finally fight, to stand up to the dem bullies and corrupt media , and actually get things done.
Just my opinion....

Old 02-01-2018, 11:20 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The problem for you is, you have to get all 55% of the malcontents to vote for the same person. Bet ya can't do it.
You will have many candidates, and they will all chase each other farther and farther left.

We Republicans don't have that problem. That's why incumbents get reelected so often.
Trump needs a strong third party candidate in the race to draw off about 10% of the vote, because he’s never been close to 50%+ approval in his first year, and more often than not, approval levels tend to go down over time. Familiarity usually breeds contempt.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:58 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
In the 40's is nothing to brag about during good economic times.

The man is unlikeable by majority of Americans. That's a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies