Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 03:39 PM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Trump is still at 51% today and Obama was at 43% same time during his term.

only on rasmussen..... and rasmussen has flipped again on trump: 49% approval / 50% disapproval

RCP average

trump 10/17/18: approval 43.3% / disapproval 52.4% / difference -9.1%

obama 10/19/10: approval 45.9% / disapproval 49.6% / difference -3.7%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 09:32 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
trump got a nice 1.4% bounce this morning thanks to the addition of a new fox poll:

RCP average approval 44.1% / disapproval 51.8% / difference -7.7%

Old 10-24-2018, 11:18 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,941,358 times
Default Be honest - how many Trump haters thought he would be 2 yrs in with mid 40s approval rating?

As we all know leading up to the election, it was warned that electing Trump would be the biggest mistake in history. He was Hitler. He was a rapist. He was only in to make money. We would be in a nuclear war. He would have us in a war via his big mouth. He wouldn’t be able to control himself with the launch codes. Etc.

As Trump sits 2 years later with a mid 40s approval rating and booming economy - are any anti-Trump people willing to say they were completely wrong? At least admit your doomsday predictions were just political rhetoric?

Face it Dems/libs - you pulled out all the stops to shock people. Trump was dragged through the mud with everything your party, its leaders and the media could think of or create. It simply didn’t work. How are you going to convince more people to hate Trump or more enthusiastically hate Trump when they all made up their minds years ago and now “life” is going pretty darn good.

Now there’s no stopping the Trump train.

Sorry but 2016 was just the start of something that’s going to last a VERY long time. More conservative judges to come, too. Get out now or make your plans if want to follow a path similar to where Obama/Hillary and co. were taking us.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:34 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Dont worry, the Dems will blow it again nominating someone. This time probably someone who cares more about convincing me a boy who thinks he is a girl needs to shower with my daughter after sports.

I loathe both parties. Social Darwinism vs SJW dictators. Both controlled by (Two different sets of) billionaires.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:58 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
SJW dictators
I'm voting D because the SJW dictators have NOT yet completely taken over the D party. But the disgusting movement of Trumpism has completely taken over the R party.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
As we all know leading up to the election, it was warned that electing Trump would be the biggest mistake in history. He was Hitler. He was a rapist. He was only in to make money. We would be in a nuclear war. He would have us in a war via his big mouth. He wouldn’t be able to control himself with the launch codes. Etc.

As Trump sits 2 years later with a mid 40s approval rating and booming economy - are any anti-Trump people willing to say they were completely wrong? At least admit your doomsday predictions were just political rhetoric?
I admit I did not see him with a mid 40s approval rating 2 years in.

I misjudged just how firm a grip he would establish over the R party.

At the time he said he could commit murder on 5th Avenue and still get their votes his remark was laughed off as a humorous hyperbole. We've now discovered it was literally true.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM

17,005 posts, read 12,597,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

At the time he said he could commit murder on 5th Avenue and still get their votes his remark was laughed off as a humorous hyperbole. We've now discovered it was literally true.
Trump could then set two buildings on fire, beat his wife, and perform an Aztec human sacrifice and it still would not make a difference.

Old 10-24-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post

Maybe Trump is smarter than a lot of the “smart” people that supposedly have him figured out? How could do many smart people be so wrong about such an important topic?

Old 10-24-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trump could then set two buildings on fire, beat his wife, and perform an Aztec human sacrifice and it still would not make a difference.
Well most of that was probably claimed in 16. And it did not work. That’s why Ds are in trouble. How to you shock people and get them to further hate someone they were supposed to already hate despite their life going well?

Old 10-24-2018, 12:07 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,817,259 times
40% is about right. About 30% of the country is comprised of reactionary social conservatives. These are your evangelicals and your white nationalists, all typically authoritarian, seeking power to impose their vision of society on everyone. They are heavily concentrated in the Bible Belt but less of a factor in other parts of the country. Then you have right-leaning libertarians, most of whom are open minded enough to criticize Trump but still overall like a lot of what he's doing, specifically with the trade war. Add to that people who are benefiting from the Trump situation in one way or another such as people in the fossil fuel industry, you get about 40% or so of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies