Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 06:12 PM

17,660 posts, read 13,511,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
In my younger days, many decades ago, I worked part time going door to door soliciting funds for a Polish Community Center. I assumed they would take us to the nicer upscale Republican neighborhoods where the money was, but was surprised to learn the truth.

Maybe it's because they've never experienced the hard life of the working poor, but for whatever reasons, it was always the lower to middle class neighborhoods who had the empathy and open wallets...
I'd be curious the difference in giving between political types if you took out giving to churches and religious organizations.

Obviously cons are more religious as a rule so you would think a large component of giving would be to the church whereas libs would give to more secular type of charities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 06:13 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,350,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Yes, Republicans are very generous when they shift taxes onto the poor."

The last time there was a major tax DECREASE it affected ALL TAX PAYERS.

And Oh, it was a REPUB President.

" They like to cut property taxes for homeowners, increase property taxes on rental property, increase sales taxes, and cut income taxes."

More whining about your OWN situation.

Maybe if you had taken a REAL college major instead of one with little chances of finding a REAL job, you wouldn't be in the situation you ARE in.

The choices you MAKE have consequences!

Are you speaking from experience?

Don't you live in Oregon which is run by dems?

Yet, you want to blame the repubs for the taxes that the DEMS in Oregon have control over.

I was thinking of state taxes, where Repiublicans love to cot property taxes for homeowners and cut income taxes while increasing sales taxes. My landlord got a tax cut and all I got was a higher sales tax.

But if you're referring to the Reagan tax cuts...my taxes went down $300 and my rent went up $1000. I can't afford any more tax cuts like that.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:41 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,912,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The left don't believe in charities. Only the government can help you and they can only help you if you give them all your money.

Social welfare programs only take up 1/3 of the budget. That is not enough.
You bet we don't believe in charities that the Republicans believe in. These "Christian values" tax exempt charities have turned into prosperity Bible indoctrination centers that masquerade as extreme political trickle down voter blocks for tax cuts for the super rich.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,237,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
You bet we don't believe in charities that the Republicans believe in. These "Christian values" tax exempt charities have turned into prosperity Bible indoctrination centers that masquerade as extreme political trickle down voter blocks for tax cuts for the super rich.
I dunno. Habitat for Horses hasn't tried to indoctrinate me. WWF hasn't tried to indoctrinate me.
And the Humane Society hasn't tried to indoctrinate me.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:21 PM

32,934 posts, read 12,233,166 times
Quote:
These "Christian values" tax exempt charities have turned into prosperity Bible indoctrination centers
I'm agnostic, so I don't have a dog in this hunt. That said, I think it's pretty rich for a lib/progressive to make a comment about indoctrination centers when the percentage of conservative public school teachers is miniscule, and they often must stay silent....going along to get along.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:22 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,820,452 times
Quote:
The fact is you can't even feed the homeless without being fined in some areas thanks to you leftists. How dare any one but government help anyone. Not real religious but I hope there is a hell so left wing scumbags will finally face justice.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,237,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm agnostic, so I don't have a dog in this hunt. That said, I think it's pretty rich for a lib/progressive to make a comment about indoctrination centers when the percentage of conservative public school teachers is miniscule, and they often must stay silent....going along to get along.
They have to if they want to keep their jobs.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yep12 years if left wing indoctrination and then four more if they graduate from a university.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:40 PM

The left has decimated the urban family. Do you ever see any remorse? No, you do not. Psychopaths feel no remorse.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:58 PM

32,934 posts, read 12,233,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They have to if they want to keep their jobs.
Yep...even out there in California where the union is strong and they have collective bargaining....often silence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies