Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 03:32 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon7366 View Post
The younger crowd have no problem with automation. In fact they would rather deal with machines than people.
Provide them with an app where they can order ahead of time and you got them locked in.
Except that they will not have any money to spend because there will be no jobs for them to earn it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 03:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
The CEO makes a good point too regarding people suing. Think about the Erin Andrews situation. The first thing I would do is figure out how I can eliminate employees to prevent people like Erin Andrews from winning the lottery and becoming wealthy by stealing money from organizations. Automation would be a step in the right direction.
Erin Andrews was a different situation than the whole automation in restaurant idea. I like Carl's Jr. and do time to time use a store's automated cashier but honestly, I cannot go to a Carl's Jr that was automated entirely. At least a store with an automated cashier still has employees stocking shelves, collecting carts, etc. Oh and I am a millennial. Before anyone asks, I use Amazon for items I either A can't find, B can wait for, C is a better deal or D want the day of release.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:59 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
The CEO makes a good point too regarding people suing. Think about the Erin Andrews situation. The first thing I would do is figure out how I can eliminate employees to prevent people like Erin Andrews from winning the lottery and becoming wealthy by stealing money from organizations. Automation would be a step in the right direction.
This has absolutely nothing to do with employment laws nor automation. She sued a hotel she was staying in.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with employment laws nor automation. She sued a hotel she was staying in.
EXACTLY. The only thing that you can say was the silly desk clerk was stupid enough to give away her room number and allow the creep that spied on her to room next to her.

Likewise, Disney World has introduced kiosk check-in over the last 5,6,7 years as well as kiosk ordering much earlier than that. Why because they can move towards other ways to bette guests through human interaction and speed things up. Sometimes with check-ins it would take 20 minutes due to people asking questions and all that jazz while I can instead go and get my room card and be off to my room. Sometimes with ordering food at counter service locations you'd have people change their minds or ask what comes on that for every item while me, I look at the menu and double check what I want is still there and know it and maybe will take two minutes tops. Even with those, I can still find cast members to talk to if I have questions or issues. It's not like Carl's Jr. who is eliminating the human element entirely.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:19 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
I sincerely hope the CEO goes for automation 100%, no compromise!

The fast food industry needs such a test. Let him put his money where his mouth is and let the chips fall as they may. or shut up for good if he lacks the kind of courage such a thing requires.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:47 PM

21,475 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I sincerely hope the CEO goes for automation 100%, no compromise!

The fast food industry needs such a test. Let him put his money where his mouth is and let the chips fall as they may. or shut up for good if he lacks the kind of courage such a thing requires.
I wouldn't call it courage.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Better tell that to all the people standing in line waiting for a spot in the automated checkout of grocery stores, walmart, etc. Automation is the future, people that perform menial repetive tasks will not be performing those jobs in the future.

or how about all the humans that used to put cars together?

or the humans that used to stock merchandise and pick orders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quWFjS3Ci7A

Many more job stealing Robots here > 18 Gorgeous Images Of Job-Stealing Factory Robots | Gizmodo Australia
Whatever.

No human, no money. I will not feed my food order into a machine. Not now, not ever.

I want a human taking my order, making my food, and handing it to me. If you can't do that, I'll go to a place that will.

Don't know why some of you can't fathom that.

Old 03-21-2016, 12:26 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
" Carl's Jr. To Test Automated Restaurant "

They might want to "test" making a better burger instead.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Carl's Jr. To Test Automated Restaurant "

They might want to "test" making a better burger instead.
Their burgers are actually pretty good. And the Green Burrito specials are also tasty.

We have one in town. First automated machine I see in the place will mark my last visit to that Carl's Jr.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:52 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Their burgers are actually pretty good. And the Green Burrito specials are also tasty.

We have one in town. First automated machine I see in the place will mark my last visit to that Carl's Jr.
Whereas I am part of the group that WILL start to go there again once they provide an option to the stereotypical, underperforming counter clerks they have now!

(To Hardees. We don't have Carls Jr)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies