Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
The Georgia governor is 100% certain to sign this bill.

Homosexualists do not have the right to dictate religious
practices or inclusion of their beliefs on other groups.

If the NFL, Apple, Salesforce or any other group boycotts
Georgia due to this bill, they expose themselves to lawsuits
for discrimination.
So much irony in your post it isnt even funny.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:34 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:

for discrimination.
ROFL! a religious nut who wants a law ALLOWING discrimination calling those morally opposed to it discriminatory. Thanks for the laughs

Old 03-19-2016, 11:35 AM

548 posts, read 473,761 times
Typical whackjobs in the south. What's new?

Old 03-19-2016, 11:37 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeAmericaGreatAgain View Post
Cool. Go for it. Care to make a list of states that protect their citizens religious rights? We can narrow down the list from there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...is-boycotting/

Well that narrows the NFL's choices now doesn't it?
Hmmm. Fifty less nineteen - in the arithmetic system I use, that's 31 states that the NFL could consider. I'd say they probably wouldn't feel *too* hemmed in.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:39 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Unless its against christians of course. Then its not only OK its actually endorsed.
OK. Please cite a US law for us - any law at all - that actually discriminates against christians.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:42 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,085 times
If I knew in advance that a client of mine was a religious nut, I would charge him double and send half the funds to Planned Parenthood. (The problem is knowing in advance...I guess Google searches would help with this.)

Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
So for now its just OK to discriminate against a person of religion. You should know power of the pocket book is what keeps people in business. If people or a business actually discriminate based on race or disability etc then people simply wouldn't shop there. What we have now is a tiered system where the government has its favorite protected classes that have more rights than others do. If someone told me they wouldn't bake me a cake because I am white or bald or tall I wouldn't throw a hissy fit over it. I would find someone who wants my hard earned cash and have them make it. Guess that's what happens when you have parents that taught you to be an adult and mature not an infantile child that these crybabies whining over a bakery or florist or t shirt maker refusing to make their cake,floral arrangement or shirts for them is.

Oh and I am not expecting the corrupt governor to sign it. He whined about a pro gun bill that allowed college students to protect themselves on campus so he is just another RINO.
black people in the 1960's should have just found restaurants that would serve them and not whine about it

Last edited by dsjj251; 03-19-2016 at 11:56 AM..

Old 03-19-2016, 11:54 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapowermike View Post
I'm holding out hope that Governor Nathan Deal will veto the measure. He made a great statement that sent it back to the house -- I was hoping that would have been the end of it, but the Pols just kept pushing that button.

If you run a business for the public you have no right to discriminate against that public based on your religious beliefs...it's a slippery slope and the next thing you know it'll be against someone's 'religion' to bake a cake for a black or Hispanic person.
That is basically what trump supporters are salivating for. They hope trumps regime can deliver on it. Make America Wasp Again.... Ahhhh the good old days when Catholics and gays and blacks and Asians and Jews and Hispanics and women could be openly discriminated against. They can taste it.... They long for it and now it's OK to openly state it. I remember the signs in the south. NO BLACKS NO JEWS NO IRISH.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:57 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:

for discrimination.
Nor do religious groups have the right to dictate business law.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:58 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
black people in the 1960's should have just found restaurants that would serve them and no whine about it
Great point. One should note that those claiming religious persecution are all too eager to exclude those who share their Christian beliefs. I have been to one too many churches in the south where the preacher starts demonizing northen liberals... At that point I get up and walk out. I guess my region of birth and political point if view makes me less of a Christian. Scary stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies