Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,540 times

Advertisements

So, I just saw on the news that protestors blocked traffic in order to stop a Trump rally in Arizona and many left wing groups have bragged that they will try and stop Trump rallies by any means they can.

What is it with liberals and their contempt for freedom of speech?!
I don't see conservatives trying to shut down Bernie Sanders rallies.

I'm saying this as someone who will EAGERLY vote for Hillary too (I can't stand her) but in my opinion, Trump is probably the least prepared and qualified candidate for POTUS that I have seen in my life.

So, I personally don't want Trump anywhere near the White House BUT the key difference is, I recognize the RIGHT of his supporters to listen to him speak, to gather in support of him and to do so without being blocked from attending by left wing protesters.

By the same token, left wing protesters have every right to attend and protest his speeches (without shutting them down) without being roughed up by Trump's security and by the Trump supporters.
And Trump is wrong and possibly criminally liable for egging them on.

I just see a trend though, were the left sees no problem at all in completely SHUTTING DOWN any expression of speech they disagree with.

As bad as I think Trump would be for this country, what is equally bad is this notion that protesting should allow you to deprive someone else of THEIR rights to freedom of speech and assembly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 10:56 AM

2,963 posts, read 3,530,002 times
These people are crazy, they are basically rabid dogs.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:03 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
What is it with Liberals and their hatred for freedom of speech or assembly?
Intolerance. Lack of belief in or respect for the Constitution. Period. If you want fascism, vote Dem.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:09 AM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,735 times
Your premise is flawed. Liberals don't hate freedom of speech or assembly. There are those who operate outside of the mainstream on both sides of the aisle. Their actions are their own and they should be held accountable.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:20 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Intolerance. Lack of belief in or respect for the Constitution. Period. If you want fascism, vote Dem.
And if you want violence because others don't believe what you believe and the complete hatred of certain parts of the constitution like the free speech, the right to assembly, and so on then vote Republican. If you want the new Hitler, vote Trump. And be sure to raise you right hand all the way up for him when you pledge your support.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And if you want violence because others don't believe what you believe and the complete hatred of certain parts of the constitution like the free speech, the right to assembly, and so on then vote Republican.
Based on what? Where are the R supporters en masse trying to shut down Dem candidate rallies? There are none. Why not? Because Republicans/conservative believe in the Bill of Rights, but Dems/liberals don't.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:24 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,659,395 times
There is dissent at Hilary and Bernie speeches too, but I would never expect Trumplettes to be big enough to research or admit it. BLM interrupts them regularly. So what? Dissent is an American tradition at political events. The angry, violent, redneck Trumpletteers have taken it to a whole new level. Their master/puppeteer pulls their strings and they mindlessly comply. It's only about angry rednecks being mindless dopes. Nothing else.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:28 AM

Liberals = throwing temper tantrums like a 2-year-old in a grocery store. They've matured neither emotionally nor intellectually.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:33 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
Your premise is flawed. Liberals don't hate freedom of speech or assembly. There are those who operate outside of the mainstream on both sides of the aisle. Their actions are their own and they should be held accountable.
You're right, liberals only hate speech they disagree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And if you want violence because others don't believe what you believe and the complete hatred of certain parts of the constitution like the free speech, the right to assembly, and so on then vote Republican. If you want the new Hitler, vote Trump. And be sure to raise you right hand all the way up for him when you pledge your support.
What a hypocrite. Where has all of the violence come from? Hillary/Bernie supporters. BLM, OWS all liberal organizations.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:44 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,085 times
^ More straw men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies