Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 12:14 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why admit the whole point of your reply was to troll the thread and get personal?
Is that your purpose to this community. What value does that bring to the discussion.
Does just repeating yourself, over and over, bring value to the discussion?

Not sure I have a "purpose to this community." I just call out the BS when I see it, as I see it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 01:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
before the age of enlightenment men could rape their wives and not be prosecuted for it either. I have never thought you hate women, you just have a chauvinistic mind set. what you don't seem to understand are that there are plenty of alpha males around who have no issues with their women being on equal footing in the relationship. even if your wife did not treat you right there is no reason for you to ever have to "take it" this is about the 4th time you feel the need to use the crude phrase p@%sy, are you 12?

In the emotional haste to attack me personally, you seem to have read something into my post that was never there.

It is great that you have come around and agreed, that women have and are still in bondage to men.
That enlightenment you speak of has only been in the last 15 years and only recently even tried to be prosecuted in the last 5.

Before that, the only equal justice women received, was while holding a gun.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Does just repeating yourself, over and over, bring value to the discussion?

Not sure I have a "purpose to this community." I just call out the BS when I see it, as I see it...
By constantly trolling threads, that have an emotional effect upon one's self?
There is no rational reasoning. What value does that bring to the discussion, when the intent is to disrupt the discussion of the facts, with diversion because it would be funny to type out some nonsense.
It is not even attempted to be hidden. Why admit the whole point of the reply was to troll the thread and get personal?
What purpose to this community does that serve? What value does that bring to the discussion? NONE it is a TOS violation called trolling.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:06 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
In the emotional haste to attack me personally, you seem to have read something into my post that was never there.

It is great that you have come around and agreed, that women have and are still in bondage to men.
That enlightenment you speak of has only been in the last 15 years and only recently even tried to be prosecuted in the last 5.

Before that, the only equal justice women received, was while holding a gun.
who else do I address your posts to besides "you" you read too much into my posts, none of my reply's to your comments are personal. you see the world far differently than I do. your view won't allow you to see women in general capable of achievement unless they have a gun. as pointed out guns have nothing to do with this thread about feminism, yet you want to link the two, thinking it makes your point that women are the weaker sex and they need either a man or a gun to succeed.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
who else do I address your posts to besides "you" you read too much into my posts, none of my reply's to your comments are personal. you see the world far differently than I do. your view won't allow you to see women in general capable of achievement unless they have a gun. as pointed out guns have nothing to do with this thread about feminism, yet you want to link the two, thinking it makes your point that women are the weaker sex and they need either a man or a gun to succeed.

Maybe address the message with facts of one's own mind. My message was not directed towards anyone personally.
Is it that, letting emotions dictate one's actions, instead of one's intellect dictating.
Yes, it got emotional & personal quickly, because of the obvious lack of intellect to debate the facts.
I have yet to see a rational discussion, using reason. Only an emotional assassination.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
for OP. I would NOT date a feminist just from being around friends who were friends of feminists and working with them. From my experience most have deep seated daddy issues and blame men for all the problems of the world.
No thanks!
Nah. My dad is awesome.

Quote:
One forgets or just is ignorant that, prosecution for spousal abuse is a relatively new concept, that was not around 50 years ago.

"Oh, you hate women and cannot possible have a wife"
No..... so far from the truth.
I just don't buy into the changing reality with an illusion and neither does my wife....
I am the alpha male that keeps her safe and well taken care of, because she owns all the P*ssy and it is much funner when she is passively giving it up and if I treat her right, I will never have to take it.
Hmm. Another observation, the gun fondlers are almost always creepy.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:07 PM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
By constantly trolling threads, that have an emotional effect upon one's self?
There is no rational reasoning. What value does that bring to the discussion, when the intent is to disrupt the discussion of the facts, with diversion because it would be funny to type out some nonsense.
It is not even attempted to be hidden. Why admit the whole point of the reply was to troll the thread and get personal?
What purpose to this community does that serve? What value does that bring to the discussion? NONE it is a TOS violation called trolling.
Interesting, another comment without using the word gun! More progress, and funny how you address me without using the word "you." Also obvious, the more one points out the false accusation of trolling, the more one seems inclined to make the accusation even more! Do try again!

Trying to ignore that nonsense, while yes, let's try adding some value even though we all know one man's value is another man's garbage. Is there any value imparted by anyone so far? Not sure what that might be...

Rather than value, seems to me a good number of comments attempting to counter a very rudimentary posture regarding women (or just people in general). All this about being the alpha male, notions of subservient women without guns, etc. Most people just don't think like that anymore...

Yes, men and women are different, obviously. No one need review the birds and the bees here, but these days only the more ignorant people think primarily in terms of being alpha or beta when it comes to relationships, who is stronger, who can over-power the other.

After all, this thread is about feminism, not barbarism.

Hard to fathom this needs explaining, but it seems some folks haven't really moved on too well from these notions born from the Dark Ages, these antiquated ways of thinking. They are just not encountered all that much as a rule these days.

Men with women, men with men, women with women..., the more advanced folks anyway tend to deal with one another by way of reason, logic and actions that don't call brute force into play. Weapons are not part of the dialogue for most couples today, not sure they ever were.

Perhaps that is the "value" I'm trying to provide here, how we treat one another as partners today doesn't have all that much to do with our size, weight and/or strength differences. We don't draw weapons to resolve our differences, not most of us folks anyway. However, just like there are kids who don't mature beyond acting out with their fists, there are adults who don't mature much better either, no matter how old they get.

Depending on what category of adult one is dealing with, so too is the "value" of the exchange determined. For many women, for example, the whole trick is to find males who are less neanderthal in their way of thinking, more emotionally and mentally mature in these regards. Not so much always needing a gun to feel like a man (with all due respect to how one might treat their "little lady" in one's own home).

No question there is every variety of couple out there, from the most sophisticated high-society types to white trailer trash folks barely able to do much other than breed the time away. Where any of us might land on that spectrum of human development and/or interaction is the end result of plenty environment and plenty personal choice as well.

We humans, it's a wonder we manage in society as well as we do all considered...

Old 05-17-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Hmm. Another observation, the gun fondlers are almost always creepy.
My wife has more guns than I..... She carries a .45 I only carry a .38.

Last edited by BentBow; 05-17-2016 at 04:16 PM..

Old 05-17-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Interesting, another comment without using the word gun! More progress, and funny how you address me without using the word "you." Also obvious, the more one points out the false accusation of trolling, the more one seems inclined to make the accusation even more! Do try again!

Trying to ignore that nonsense, while yes, let's try adding some value even though we all know one man's value is another man's garbage. Is there any value imparted by anyone so far? Not sure what that might be...

Rather than value, seems to me a good number of comments attempting to counter a very rudimentary posture regarding women (or just people in general). All this about being the alpha male, notions of subservient women without guns, etc. Most people just don't think like that anymore...

Yes, men and women are different, obviously. No one need review the birds and the bees here, but these days only the more ignorant people think primarily in terms of being alpha or beta when it comes to relationships, who is stronger, who can over-power the other.

After all, this thread is about feminism, not barbarism.

Hard to fathom this needs explaining, but it seems some folks haven't really moved on too well from these notions born from the Dark Ages, these antiquated ways of thinking. They are just not encountered all that much as a rule these days.

Men with women, men with men, women with women..., the more advanced folks anyway tend to deal with one another by way of reason, logic and actions that don't call brute force into play. Weapons are not part of the dialogue for most couples today, not sure they ever were.

Perhaps that is the "value" I'm trying to provide here, how we treat one another as partners today doesn't have all that much to do with our size, weight and/or strength differences. We don't draw weapons to resolve our differences, not most of us folks anyway. However, just like there are kids who don't mature beyond acting out with their fists, there are adults who don't mature much better either, no matter how old they get.

Depending on what category of adult one is dealing with, so too is the "value" of the exchange determined. For many women, for example, the whole trick is to find males who are less neanderthal in their way of thinking, more emotionally and mentally mature in these regards. Not so much always needing a gun to feel like a man (with all due respect to how one might treat their "little lady" in one's own home).

No question there is every variety of couple out there, from the most sophisticated high-society types to white trailer trash folks barely able to do much other than breed the time away. Where any of us might land on that spectrum of human development and/or interaction is the end result of plenty environment and plenty personal choice as well.

We humans, it's a wonder we manage in society as well as we do all considered...

Nice story, but what does it have to do with anything I said that started your off topic rants? A woman will never be equal to a man. Never has been, or we would not have all these womens equality issues being thrown in our faces come election time.

It all comes down to, "What value is a woman to a man?"

Old 05-17-2016, 04:15 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Nice story, but what does it have to do with anything I said that started your off topic rants? A woman will never be equal to a man. Never has been, or we would not have all these womens equality issues being thrown in our faces come election time.

It all comes down to, "What value is a woman to a man?"
the value is individual. equality and value are two different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies