Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 02:27 PM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Define value? How is value defined? Define it as it always has been defined.

What value do I bring to you? You spend your valuable time, addressing me personally... I have a small itty-bitty amount of value to you, or you would not waste your time.
For someone pretty intent on getting straight answers to straight questions, I'm surprised with this non-answer, but maybe I can help things along a bit...

First off, what "value" to me in this particular case at this time has probably more to do with a "small itty-bitty" bit of entertainment value, just to see a bit more of how different people think in different ways. If my time were actually that valuable at the moment, I wouldn't be spending it here...

Perhaps that is as good an example as any to explain that value can be measured and defined in a great many ways. Take this case related to relationships as another example. A women may have value to a man as a lover, a companion, a cook, for sex, a care-giver, share the rent, have kids. All the above or none of the above..., we bring all variety of value (or not) to one another in a relationship.

So again, what is meant by value and how it is measured depends on who is judge, personally and/or with regard to others.

Same as this "table" mentioned before. What table?

The table on which to mend clothes? Eat dinner? Operate?

What value do they bring to the table? And remember everyone is a different individual.

Also, again, who is "they?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 07:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
[quote=2mares;44106888]
Quote:

Apparently not.

I dont think I ever said that and dont care what kind of kink you two engage in.
Just FYI, women like sex too. In healthy relationships its not something a woman owns and gives or a man has to take.

Apparently not in a fantasy, where the female of the species is physically stronger than the male.
Yes, women like it too. That is the passive female, submitting to the physically dominant male.
We already discussed giving v. taking. We came to the conclusion from the evidence presented, that one is more enjoyable than the other.

Old 05-19-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
For someone pretty intent on getting straight answers to straight questions, I'm surprised with this non-answer, but maybe I can help things along a bit...

First off, what "value" to me in this particular case at this time has probably more to do with a "small itty-bitty" bit of entertainment value, just to see a bit more of how different people think in different ways. If my time were actually that valuable at the moment, I wouldn't be spending it here...

Perhaps that is as good an example as any to explain that value can be measured and defined in a great many ways. Take this case related to relationships as another example. A women may have value to a man as a lover, a companion, a cook, for sex, a care-giver, share the rent, have kids. All the above or none of the above..., we bring all variety of value (or not) to one another in a relationship.

So again, what is meant by value and how it is measured depends on who is judge, personally and/or with regard to others.

Same as this "table" mentioned before. What table?

The table on which to mend clothes? Eat dinner? Operate?

What value do they bring to the table? And remember everyone is a different individual.

Also, again, who is "they?"

Do I need to post Websters dictionary?
"They", is everyone but one's self. Everyone interacted with throughout life, one day at a time.
Must be that youth element, to not know what "Brings to the table" means.... Life is one big negotiation "table"

Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
he must be a door mat then.

just jealous because you can't operate a gun.

Nope. Just universally, liked, respected, strong individual.
Seeing some of the responses in this thread, from other men and presumably some fathers, is a pleasant reminder that I was blessed.

You really should reflect on why you conflate these things with "door mat".

Old 05-20-2016, 10:18 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Now that you have clarified what you mean by "value," who "they" is, and what "table" you are referring to, I can confirm my answer to your question is definitely, I don't know. In fact, I have no idea.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:04 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:

Apparently not in a fantasy, where the female of the species is physically stronger than the male.
Yes, women like it too. That is the passive female, submitting to the physically dominant male.
We already discussed giving v. taking. We came to the conclusion from the evidence presented, that one is more enjoyable than the other.
Apparently not in the real world where the majority of people do not live by brute physical strength nor do they feel the need to conquer those around them. Those that do often find themselves behind bars.
Granted, there are all types of relationships and hopefully everyone finds what works for them but most relationships lean more egalitarian where each partner compliments each others strengths and weakness and they work together as a equal team. There is little place for the concept of submission and dominance in society today except maybe some bedroom fetishes.

Again, not interested in your boudoir.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Apparently not in the real world where the majority of people do not live by brute physical strength nor do they feel the need to conquer those around them. Those that do often find themselves behind bars.
Granted, there are all types of relationships and hopefully everyone finds what works for them but most relationships lean more egalitarian where each partner compliments each others strengths and weakness and they work together as a equal team. There is little place for the concept of submission and dominance in society today except maybe some bedroom fetishes.

Again, not interested in your boudoir.

Welcome to civilization! Where one no longer gets to take what they want, but everyone knows they could easily if they wanted. That is the passive side of the gender coming into play to keep it harmonious.

Because today, women don't just own all the p*ssy, they own 1/2 the world.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:31 AM

16,266 posts, read 10,392,447 times
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
To some posters the fact the women actually own anything including themselves is simply wrong.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:52 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
For me a feminist is a man-hating woman who sees fault in many social aspects because she believes that it favors man. Equal pay, equal rights is not feminist to me. A woman who sees a man lifting 200 lbs and saying anyone who thinks that she can't lift 200 lbs is sexist is a feminist... Liberals play into that line of thinking to manipulate them into being liberals like other niche groups...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies