Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 09:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you want boots on the ground or not?

Anyway, too bad for the guy. But ISIS has killed lots of people. Don't wanna get killed? Don't be there.

Besides, how do I know that this rocket came from ISIS? Whose word should I take?
Take MY word ..... and Obama's word.
The PROMISE/RED LINE was ...... No Boots on the Ground. Anyone who says there are dead soldiers is a LIAR. Nobody is dead, because they were never there. No Boots On the Ground.

a double down guaranteed PROMISE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 09:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

We inadvertently helped to make things worse over there. What are we supposed to do, leave it a mess?
it's been a mess for 10,000 years. We didn't make it that way.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:03 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So you want boots on the ground or not?

Anyway, too bad for the guy. But ISIS has killed lots of people. Don't wanna get killed? Don't be there.

Besides, how do I know that this rocket came from ISIS? Whose word should I take?
I am against going back to that black hole of the middle east.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Take MY word ..... and Obama's word.
The PROMISE/RED LINE was ...... No Boots on the Ground. Anyone who says there are dead soldiers is a LIAR. Nobody is dead, because they were never there. No Boots On the Ground.

a double down guaranteed PROMISE
So you wanted Obama to pull out the troops?

Old 03-21-2016, 12:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
https://healingandjustice.wordpress....nger-shocking/

Quote:
These words are from Tomas Young, one of the first US Army veterans to come out against the war on Iraq. Tomas was paralyzed by a bullet in Sadr City in 2004, and came home from war an antiwar activist struggling with serious medical conditions for the rest of his life. He died a year and a half ago. But first, he wrote this open letter to Bush and Cheney.

“My day of reckoning is upon me. Yours will come. I hope you will be put on trial. But mostly I hope, for your sakes, that you find the moral courage to face what you have done to me and to many, many others who deserved to live. I hope that before your time on earth ends, as mine is now ending, you will find the strength of character to stand before the American public and the world, and in particular the Iraqi people, and beg for forgiveness.”

Old 03-21-2016, 01:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
7 plus years and counting when exactly does it become the POSTUS Onumbnuts responsibility.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
7 plus years and counting when exactly does it become the POSTUS Onumbnuts responsibility.
You obviously haven't read any of my previous posts. One can't take one post and make any sort of conclusions. Read the rest of the thread and try again if you wish.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:32 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You obviously haven't read any of my previous posts. One can't take one post and make any sort of conclusions. Read the rest of the thread and try again if you wish.

I saw your little posts. No need to try again. Your lack of an answer just supports the point of my question.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:33 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So according to you we should double down on stupid and risk more Americans lives over protecting another countrys borders? Why?
I never said what we should do. But I do have a moral compass. Leaving a power vacuum in place of a once functional, sovereign nation will do no good for anyone, except the people who hate us and our allies in the region.

This is why someone needs to be accountable for this entire disaster. But that would just lead to finger pointing and such.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I saw your little posts. No need to try again. Your lack of an answer just supports the point of my question.
If you saw my posts you know your answer was nothing but an off the cuff failure of a reply.

Obama has been an absolute failure here (as I point out in my previous posts) but why do you feel a need to defend Bush's failures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies