Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 04:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Your belief must be founded in some unpleasant experience, and that is sad.

However, religions that teach the "Law of Love," and harmless activity in support of one's right to life is a far different thing than Islam, which has no distinction between good or evil. As long as one's actions mimic the prophet (pedophilia, rape, kidnap, pillage, murder, etc) or advances Islam, it is acceptable.

As to the excesses of the second millennium of Christianity, it would not be far fetched to blame ISLAM's predation and destruction of Christianity in Asia Minor, north Africa, and parts of Europe. When peaceful people are pushed to their limits, from centuries of brutal attacks, their over reaction is not inexplicable.

. . .
POLITICAL ISLAM
Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
• Christians : 60 million
• Buddhists : 10 million
• Hindus : 80 million
• Africans : 120 million
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total : 270 million
Source : www.politicalislam.com
(Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)

{And they’re allowed to LIE to Kafirs, see : taqqiya and kitman.}
Do you really want to know how many were killed in the name of God by good peaceful Christians?

Please don't forget where and how we got our land which is totally in additional to what we have done in two major world wars!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 04:26 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
How are you gonna twist the words of Jesus to fit a violent interpretation?
I'm not twisting anything. How are you going to twist the words to make it appear as if there's NO violence in the NT?

Old 03-21-2016, 04:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You think Islam and Democracy were invented yesterday?
Huh??? Where are you getting that?

Quote:
This tug of war has been going on for centuries. Just because you just discovered it doesn't make it the most urgent crisis on the list.
No **** Dick Tracey. Why do you think I "just discovered it?" But the threat to the free world has increased 100 fold in the last 20 years, and more than that in the last 7. (Is that any wonder?)

It IS the most urgent crisis we face. Are you delusional? Tell that to the people who live near the San Bernardino attack site.

Quote:
There are lots of things happening in the world, maybe one day you'll actually learn what they are.
Oh, please. Go stick your head back in the sand.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I still think we should nuke them. What do we have those weapons for? They were made for just such a time as this.

YES! THANK YOU for telling us the solution: BARBEQUE THEM! indiscriminately.

Since you're a self-professed Christian perhaps you can tell us where/what Jesus ever said that would support nuking 1,000,000,000+ people?

Quote:
The anchor holding this nation back is liberalism (progressivism) and ignorance. Liberals want us to become slaves of the State.
HOGWASH!

Quote:
We fought a revolution for freedom from rule by a King. Why do you want to go back to that?

We also fought a revolution to escape religious BS including the "My God is better than your God" BS.

Old 03-21-2016, 04:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll note that despite the title of your thread the cited article does not talk about Islam, it talks about RADICAL Islam.

Perhaps you should make an effort to learn the difference.

HOW is this any different than RADICALS like the KKK who are self-professed Christians?
Perhaps, Mr. Burdell, you should realize that there is no difference. Islam is Islam What the so-called "radicals" believe comes straight out of the Qur'an.

And don't try to link the KKK to Christians. Nowhere in the Bible is "white supremacy" taught. But the Qur'an does teach the supremacy of Muslims and Islam. The KKK actually burned Christian churches (black Christian churches). Does Islam burn Mosques?

Old 03-21-2016, 04:47 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Nice, a call for genocide. But Islam is a cancer, right?
...soooooooooo......

exactly what do you propose one does with cancer?

Old 03-21-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Perhaps, Mr. Burdell, you should realize that there is no difference. Islam is Islam What the so-called "radicals" believe comes straight out of the Qur'an.
We can find just as much violence and calls for it in the Bible and you yourself believe we should "Nuke them" so please, spare me this "My God is better than their God" silliness. I'm not interested in hearing any (insert the name of the religious text of your choice) thumper tell me their way is the only way or that their God is the only true God of the more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history.

Quote:
And don't try to link the KKK to Christians. Nowhere in the Bible is "white supremacy" taught. But the Qur'an does teach the supremacy of Muslims and Islam. The KKK actually burned Christian churches (black Christian churches). Does Islam burn Mosques?
It's the KKK itself that links itself to Christianity as it's the jihadists that link themselves to Islam, they're both full of crap. When you can offer a reasonable explanation of just why the 1,000,000,000 + people you allege are hell bent on murder and destruction aren't all out there wreaking havoc 24/7 I might believe your fear-mongering, until then not so much.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:02 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Lumping together a billion people into one collective mindset is DUMB.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:18 PM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times
Quote:
I'll note that despite the title of your thread the cited article does not talk about Islam, it talks about RADICAL Islam.

Perhaps you should make an effort to learn the difference.

HOW is this any different than RADICALS like the KKK who are self-professed Christians?
Do radical Muslim groups burn Muslim symbols? Like the KKK burns crosses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
They aren't devoted Christians then. Have you not read the bible? Does stoning sound familiar?

Let's not forget, both Christianity and Islam have the same God. Are you saying one God bred two different children, one violent and the other not? That doesn't sound like divine work.
Smh. Is there any mention of stoning in the New Testament? The part of the Bible that Christians actually follow? I mean, we can go down the rabbit hole if you want, but I'll save it for another thread.

Quote:
I'm not twisting anything. How are you going to twist the words to make it appear as if there's NO violence in the NT?
You quoted a verse from Jesus when he was talking about how he wasn't trying to bring chaos and disorder; rather, he was just trying to carry out his purpose (and none of that involved killing, war, etc). If you're gonna take it outta context, at least use a better verse. Maybe one from Revelations or something where it talks about the world being destroyed. But then again, we have nothing to worry about once that happens.

Old 03-21-2016, 05:20 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:

To be fair, self professed Christians tortured, killed, enslaved non-Christians over the centuries throughout the world.

Just ask anyone who is familiar with the history of the Jews, or example ... massacres, Crusades, pogroms, burnings, genocide of Jewish men, women and children. Destruction of synagogues, theft of property, banishment and expulsion.

When I was in Sri Lanka, for example, I learned the locals memorialize the near genocide of the otherwise peaceful Buddhist population and the desecration of their holy shrines and temples by Christian missionaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies