Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2016, 11:31 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

here are the aforementioned bastards

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 11:32 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You would need a long succession of popes to recruit desperate people and give them dispensation to rape, pillage and murder in the name of JC to achieve that.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You should go and read a bit about the Crusades, and not just the bad stuff that makes you feel superior to Christians but ALL of it.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:36 AM

264 posts, read 151,768 times
Quote:
You would need a long succession of popes to recruit desperate people and give them dispensation to rape, pillage and murder in the name of JC to achieve that.
Another liberally educated intellectual.

So the Crusades was about Christian rape and pillage ?
I guess we went to different schools.

Was Suleiman I one of the Pope's right hand men ?

Old 03-22-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You should go and read a bit about the Crusades, and not just the bad stuff that makes you feel superior to Christians but ALL of it.
It's such a pity that people take the whitewash they get in K-12 and regurgitate it.

Sure tells you a lot about the K-12 indoctrination going on.

The Crusades was all about Christian rape, pillage and killing now ?

I can only shake my head. You cannot debate with people that have no clue of history.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:38 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Sure, most Muslims are decent people despite their religion, but let me put it this way: Why are there no Christian, Buddhist or Hindu terrorists killing people around the world for religious reasons?

Old 03-22-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Sure, most Muslims are decent people despite their religion, but let me put it this way: Why are there no Christian, Buddhist or Hindu terrorists killing people around the world for religious reasons?
We can't talk about that.

Just keep repeating.."Islam is the religion of peace". "These are fringe extremists, not the entire population".

Don't question anything else about this.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:43 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
3/22 = Lodge 322, Skull & Bones.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:48 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
There are two answers to Islamic terrorism. One, ignore it. Two, nuke them. Anything in between is useless. Ignoring doesn't help, but they will continue as long as they exist. Diplomacy, sanctions, etc have no effect on them. Killing them ALL (which would mean loss of millions of innocent lives) is the only way to stop them.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:48 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Excellent read, especially for those inclined to paint 2 billion Muslims with a broad brush. The Islamic State does not define all Muslims. There are intrinsic differences between Al Qada and the Islamic State.

It gave me a deeper appreciation for the orgininal context of Sharia Law- social and economic justice including free housing, food, clothing, healthcare and jobs for those who care to enrich themselves. And for this reason the Islamic State considers Saudi Arabia an enemy because those benefits are not extended to Muslims outside the vast Royal Famiky Kingdom.

It also demonstrates the Islamic State obsession with end times no different than some Christian denominations/ sects and dismissed by mainstream Muslims and Christians.

Makes me wonder which US presidential candidate the Islamic State most favors to " bring it on".
well... lets be clear here, none of those Christians who are hyper focused on end time eschatology are doing anything violent to bring it about.... ISIS however is raping, killing and enslaving tens of thousands....

Old 03-22-2016, 11:49 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Okay, and for the Muslims who are already here?

I'm not sure what the best solution is, but I can only imagine a ban like that would only fuel the hate and make recruitment easier for them.
I would think those who have been here for X number of years, working and assimilated, would go on doing what they've been doing without any interference from the government or ignorant citizens who just don't like anyone who is Muslim.

But anyone who seems to follow the more strict adherence of Muslim law, who isn't for the most part, westernized, should probably remain under the scrutiny of the departments that didn't vet them in the first place. I say didn't vet them in the first place because most of those who are more entrenched than wearing a hijab weren't born here.

And yes, it will fuel the hate if we don't allow any in, because the haters have a goal in mind which they've expressed over and over. Their goal is to do what they're doing in Europe - to enter countries under the guise of being refugees and then commit acts of violence. ISIS has said this is what they're doing. We have seen this is what they're doing. Yet some remain in disbelief.

But apart from that is the inability of the Muslims coming out of certain countries to assimilate in their new country. Do you really want what's happening in Germany, in Paris, in England, in Sweden, etc. to happen here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies