Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 05:06 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Wife filed for divorce, girlfriend on the payroll for $400K, fired his chief security officer and he was all about family values.

"Family Values" amongst Republicans is an enduring myth, much like "Liberal Media" and "Fiscal Conservative"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2016, 06:54 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Wallet delivery via helicopter.

'fiscal conservatism'!

Quote:
When the governor arrived at his beach house, he realized that in his rush to leave, he had forgotten his wallet.

At that point, he ordered one of the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency (ALEA) helicopters to deliver it to him, which it did.

The sources each said that current ALEA head Stan Stabler was involved in facilitating the delivery.
Whistleblowers: Bentley ordered state helicopter to fly his forgotten wallet to the beach - Yellowhammer News

Old 04-14-2016, 07:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
None of this matters, Our Speaker of the House is under indictment, 3 other members of the republican legislature either quit or decided not to run for re election, and about 7 members of the Alabama GOP(Party staff, not elected officials) are under indictment/investigation.

The entire Republican party of this state is corrupt and some how still controls every single state wide elected office, and a super majority in the legislature.
You have to have 2 former governors in federal prisons to equal my state.

I used to think my state was the most corrupt. Then I read that distinction belongs to Louisiana based upon convictions.

Caused me to rethink the whole deal. A lack of incitement and therefore conviction might mean corruption is more institutionalized and thus fewer attempts to prosecute.

Mankind is prone to corruption and hypocracy and some of them are elected to public office.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

He gets in an argument with his wife over his mistress, then bolts out of the house and heads for the beach house, forgets the wallet and has a helicopter fly it out to him.

These God fearing, fiscal conservative Republicans are SUCH hypocrites, its why thinking people despise them.

Good thing for them there are a lot of docile sheep who do (and vote) as they are told.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:04 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Impeachment hearing starts Monday!

Buh bye Bentley!

Old 04-08-2017, 09:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You have to have 2 former governors in federal prisons to equal my state.

I used to think my state was the most corrupt. Then I read that distinction belongs to Louisiana based upon convictions.

Caused me to rethink the whole deal. A lack of incitement and therefore conviction might mean corruption is more institutionalized and thus fewer attempts to prosecute.

Mankind is prone to corruption and hypocracy and some of them are elected to public office.
I wasnt talking about individual corruption, i was talking about the state party in and of itself as some of the allegations include endorsements for open house and senate seats, redrawing districts to be favorable for a specific candidate(which we all knew was going on)

Although the Alabama Democratic party isnt much better, at least the only thing they are rigging is who sits on the SDEC itself.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Between dude and his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies