Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 05:08 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times

Advertisements

I swear this stuff is getting a little old.

The people at these universities are protesting Israeli treatment of the Palestinians not stirring up hatred that would lead to a second Holocaust. Ms. Wisse starts the article by assuming that all Jews are not citizens of any nation except Israel. That in itself leads suggests that we have a nation within a nation similar to the French Canadians. She goes on to call these people agents of antisemitism.

March Madness, the Anti-Semite Bracket - WSJ

The author shows signs of a siege mentality that looks absurd to the unbiased observer. The rest of us understand that Israel is surrounded by enemies but to declare that all criticism be crushed when the topic is Israel goes against my grain as an American.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 03-24-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Old 03-24-2016, 05:23 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I swear this stuff is getting a little old.

The people at these universities are protesting Israeli treatment of the Palestinians not stirring up hatred that would lead to a second Holocaust. Ms. Wisse starts the article by assuming that all Jews are not citizens of any nation except Israel. That in itself leads me to believe that we have a nation within a nation similar to the French Canadians. She goes on to call these people agents of antisemitism.

March Madness, the Anti-Semite Bracket - WSJ

The author shows signs of a siege mentality that looks absurd to the unbiased observer. The rest of us understand that Israel is surrounded by enemies but to declare that all criticism be crushed when the topic is Israel goes against my grain as an American.
I have a question for you.
There are 100 drivers with cars in the village, one of them is African American. The 99 drivers drove 140 instead of 70, ran stop signs, red lights, ran over cats etc, and nobody care.
But when the black guy took his wife to the labor room and drove 71 instead of 70, all the village started to scream, boycotts, manifestations, marshes with hate and so on.
Wouldn't you suspect that it because he is black?

Old 03-24-2016, 05:32 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
I thought they just went to Rome.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:37 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times
Perhaps the only traffic cop came back from vacation that day.
Did you read the article?
Does Wisse seem like an extremist to you?

Old 03-24-2016, 07:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
What exactly are you trying to say? It's not hard to see who the oppressor and aggressor is...

Using that logic, Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan must be absolved of their crimes because the US and it's allies inflicted more deaths than they did on Americans.

Tell the brain dead Palestinians to STOP FIRING ROCKETS INTO ISRAEL AND YOU WON’T SEE GAZA UP IN SMOKE.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:03 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3 - NIV)

Old 03-24-2016, 08:06 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Using that logic, Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan must be absolved of their crimes because the US and it's allies inflicted more deaths than they did on Americans.

Tell the brain dead Palestinians to STOP FIRING ROCKETS INTO ISRAEL AND YOU WON’T SEE GAZA UP IN SMOKE.
Not all wars/history can be compared equally-but an argument can certainly be made that the bombings in Hiroshima/Nagasaki and Dresden were not necessary at the point in time they occurred.

It's just not justifiable to have THAT MANY children murdered and the percent of deaths that are civilians (like 75%).

I don't know what the answer is and I know there is blame to go around on both sides-The Palestinians did have opportunity to reach agreements over the years-but I sure as hell don't want my taxes going to support such terror.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 PM

548 posts, read 473,761 times
Quote:
What exactly are you trying to say? It's not hard to see who the oppressor/aggressor is and who it is being oppressed...

20 Days in 2014

That's the dumbest thing I've seen today. Congratulations on failing Logic 101

Old 03-24-2016, 08:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
"I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." (Genesis 12:3 - NIV)
So, some group writes a book claiming they're the 'chosen' and are somehow special and we should believe this WHY?

Old 03-24-2016, 08:10 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Not all wars/history can be compared equally.

It's just not justifiable to have THAT MANY children murdered and the percent of deaths that are civilians (like 75%).

I don't know what the answer is and I know there is blame to go around on both sides-The Palestinians did have opportunity to reach agreements over the years-but I sure as hell don't want my taxes going to support such terror.
how convenient, now that I proved the higher body count doesn't mean they're being oppressed. Palestinians are inherently violent people who I doubt can be rehabilitated. There will never be peace because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies