Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:51 AM

29,419 posts, read 19,504,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You forgot one: John Kasich. The only candidate remaining who has an ounce of common sense. The only one with integrity. The only Republican candidate who doesn't lower himself into the gutter.

Too bad Republicans aren't smart enough to nominate him; if they did, I would vote for him. Instead I'm probably going to have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary.
I left him out on purpose. I like the guy. I agree. He has a lot of common sense, but of course that makes him unelectable. I can never see myself voting for Hillary. I'll do a write in. Throw my vote away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 08:28 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,758,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
In another stunning development, 51% of Americans make less than 30,000 per year.
Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year

There will probably be a Ga-Zillion dollar study to see if these 2 fact are related.
Wanted to point out that this was for individual workers, not family income.

My spouse makes less than $30K per year. I make more than $60k per year so according to that we are either in poverty or upper income depending on if you are counting individual or family income.

Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) most two parent families have two working adults so that does raise the income of the family.

On Obama, I will miss him terribly and would rate him favorably if polled. The people currently running for president are crappy and scary compared to him. I also voted for him both times and even though I don't agree with him on everything, I think he has done a good job and history will view him favorably as a result.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:20 AM

26,543 posts, read 14,358,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
It was hillary's campaing in 2008 that started the birther claims.
neither clinton or her campaign ever did anything to promote birtherism. some of her supporters, the PUMAs, were among the early birthers but they were not the first nor were they connected to clinton or her campaign.

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Barackryphal: Secret Origin, Part 2

Old 04-04-2016, 03:57 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,652,957 times
Hey, now it's down to 42%

...April fools! 52% and rising. Thank you Donald J Trump.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Old 04-11-2016, 03:54 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,652,957 times
Obama is at 53% approval rating now and rising in a new AP poll. And actually his approval rating is higher than any presidential candidate including Bernie Sanders which is at 48%.

Of course Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are the laughable 26% approval rating. Which puts him right at W's low point for approval. Which was right around this time in his presidential term.

So much for all the predictions of Obama's demise. If you're a Trump or Cruz supporter remember that doctors are standing by... largely thanks to Obamacare.

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/9...s-barack-obama

Old 04-12-2016, 09:42 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,883,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Obama is at 53% approval rating now and rising in a new AP poll. And actually his approval rating is higher than any presidential candidate including Bernie Sanders which is at 48%.

Of course Ted Cruz and Donald Trump are the laughable 26% approval rating. Which puts him right at W's low point for approval. Which was right around this time in his presidential term.

So much for all the predictions of Obama's demise. If you're a Trump or Cruz supporter remember that doctors are standing by... largely thanks to Obamacare.

Poll: Things to know about people's opinions on Barack Obama

Notice how everything in the last 7 1/2 yrs has been fixed or misrepresented? Are these doctors of foreign descent or American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies