Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 10:19 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Toddlers are not seeking weapons of mass destruction.

Past results are not always a good predictor of future consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 10:24 PM

548 posts, read 473,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Toddlers are not seeking weapons of mass destruction.

Past results are not always a good predictor of future consequences.
So I guess we should just ignore everything in the past then, huh?

This thread is f*** dumb.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:29 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Significant national threats is a fallacy based on disproportionate fear relative to the actual threat. Far more persons are killed and injury by car accidents than terrorism, but yet no one freaks out about cars.

Get a grip. You're more likely to be killed in the shower than by terrorism. Chill the eff out already.
Showering and driving are both near necessities for everyday life. Is importing millions of Muslims from third world hell holes a necessity?

Old 03-24-2016, 10:31 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Showering and driving are both near necessities for everyday life. Is importing millions of Muslims from third world hell holes a necessity?
Yes because they undergo a thorough screening process, it saves them from death or a miserable existence. If that get's your undies in a bunch, so be it.
https://www.americanprogress.org/iss...rian-refugees/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
and its extremely rare for a black to be killed by a police officer. almost all of them are killed by other blacks yet there's riots etc. talk about getting a grip.
Completely different issue. We actually don't know how many citizens are killed by law enforcement officers because there's no office or position that enforces the law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-no-one-knows/

If you don't understand the difference between police regularly -even if infrequently- killings citizens and terrorist acts the don't happen regularly, and in fact seldom happen, I won't waste keystrokes because you're so obviously irrational and paranoid as to be immune from understanding facts and reason.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:32 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Listen, I can be just as sensitive and open as the next. I've been exposed to so many career fields and countries that I have many conflicting thoughts myself. But let's be honest, liberals tend to be really sensitive about others, often say that there is no true American culture and that we are a nation of immigrants. I get it.

Now with all that we are facing in terms of national threats, are liberals struggling with the fact that we may have to make some tough decisions that may ultimately and negatively impact certain ethnic communities? Even with this question you can see how i am taking it to a level that someone, despite my military and police experiences, wouldn't normally be thinking about.

I am not high, i seriously want to know because I have my own struggles despite my hardcore tradition talk at times.
There isn't a "true American culture."

Even if we just look at typical Americans; protestants of European decent, the culture of the South is quite different than the culture of the North East, both of which are different than what you'll find out West. One can argue that certain values sort of define American, but what would those be? Ultimately, the principles of liberals are what define America. And I am using educated version of Liberal, not Fox News or CNN version.

This means that the values of liberty and freedom are what constitutes as American. But even then, that doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. For some, the existence of a safety net is an assault on freedoms, while others see it as a necessary program to defend freedom. And both sides have reasonably strong arguments to defend their points. And it's always been like this. There was a time when one's ability to purchase, own, and trade human beings was being threatened and this was seen as an assault on freedom.

But, to get to the main topic, what threat? And what is the solution to solve or minimize said threat that would involve harming ethnic minorities in the US, presumably one's who have done nothing wrong (and therefore are having their rights directly violated, in the same way that Japaneses Americans had their rights violated in the 1940s)?

The reality is that most of the things that are going to kill you exist within the US. They aren't coming from outside; they're here. Car crash, heart disease, alcoholism; all things more of a threat to you than ISIS or Mexico's drug cartel.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:46 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Significant national threats is a fallacy based on disproportionate fear relative to the actual threat. Far more persons are killed and injury by car accidents than terrorism, but yet no one freaks out about cars.

Get a grip. You're more likely to be killed in the shower than by terrorism. Chill the eff out already.
Talk about getting a grip...are you kidding?

Accidents happen all day and every day and everywhere all over the globe - from the daily use of the "norms".

Crazy Muhammad loving/1st century/can't control yourself around a woman who bares her chin/anti-21st century idiots who blow others up in the name of their nut job religion?

Not accidents. Not normal.

Last edited by Informed Info; 03-24-2016 at 11:35 PM..

Old 03-24-2016, 11:22 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Listen, I can be just as sensitive and open as the next. I've been exposed to so many career fields and countries that I have many conflicting thoughts myself. But let's be honest, liberals tend to be really sensitive about others, often say that there is no true American culture and that we are a nation of immigrants. I get it.

Now with all that we are facing in terms of national threats, are liberals struggling with the fact that we may have to make some tough decisions that may ultimately and negatively impact certain ethnic communities? Even with this question you can see how i am taking it to a level that someone, despite my military and police experiences, wouldn't normally be thinking about.

I am not high, i seriously want to know because I have my own struggles despite my hardcore tradition talk at times.
You appear to have racing thoughts and you are all over the place.

You sound like you're on your way to a manic episode.

Call your therapist/go to group.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You appear to have racing thoughts and you are all over the place.

You sound like you're on your way to a manic episode.

Call your therapist/go to group.
Not if you read the post.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:

Are conservatives facing emotional issues with the fact that we may have to make some tough decision that may ultimately impact surveillance and police forces? Guess what - those TSA lines aren't gonna get any shorter, and you're going to need more militarized cops to respond to the bad guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies