Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 08:26 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times

Advertisements

Listen, I can be just as sensitive and open as the next. I've been exposed to so many career fields and countries that I have many conflicting thoughts myself. But let's be honest, liberals tend to be really sensitive about others, often say that there is no true American culture and that we are a nation of immigrants. I get it.

Now with all that we are facing in terms of national threats, are liberals struggling with the fact that we may have to make some tough decisions that may ultimately and negatively impact certain ethnic communities? Even with this question you can see how i am taking it to a level that someone, despite my military and police experiences, wouldn't normally be thinking about.

I am not high, i seriously want to know because I have my own struggles despite my hardcore tradition talk at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 08:35 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,303,388 times
Significant national threats is a fallacy based on disproportionate fear relative to the actual threat. Far more persons are killed and injury by car accidents than terrorism, but yet no one freaks out about cars.

Get a grip. You're more likely to be killed in the shower than by terrorism. Chill the eff out already.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:39 PM

30,350 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Most Liberal Progressives would be happy to see the USA completely wiped out and themselves killed as long as it wipes our the right wing christian Republican Conservatives along with them.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:52 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,765,810 times
Toddlers kill more Americans than terrorists.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:53 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,969,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Most Liberal Progressives would be happy to see the USA completely wiped out and themselves killed as long as it wipes our the right wing christian Republican Conservatives along with them.
I seriously doubt that. I know a lot of liberal progressives and none of them would be happy to see their country wiped out and themselves killed. But I know anecdotal evidence isn't always the best, and if you have some sort of study to back up your words, I'd be willing to read it.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:25 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Listen, I can be just as sensitive and open as the next.
Perhaps but you also appear just as dense as the other as confused.

I can't speak for liberals, I can only speak for myself and I not in the least bit conflicted on this issue. There is no "certain" ethnic community that in America should be "negatively impacted" by so called national threats to our security, but as I've stated on numerous occasions Muslims do not comprise an ethnic group. Muslims can be Asian, middle-eastern, north African, black, Hispanic, and yes even white so what bloody ethnic group are you referring to? If you can't answer that question your so-called military and law-enforcement experience has been an absolutely meaningless and as far as I'm concern utterly useless in protecting the American public.

Now if you want to talk about taking the necessary steps to constitutionally identify specific individuals, who pose a threat to the American public be they Muslim, Christians, Atheist, or adherents to any violent political cause, I'm down with that. But targeting an amorphous group, because of how they look, where they are from, who or how they worship, how they walk, talk, or think, then we have a problem.

I recognize that it is far easier to succumb to our more base instincts out of fear and suspicion, to take the easy way to security, but that is precisely why the Constitution that conservative so ardently claim ownership of but are so willing to discard when convenient was written; to make it difficult for government to trample on the rights of individuals. As an American, not as a liberal but as an American, I see nothing to be conflicted about. The Constitution establishes what steps as a nation we can and cannot take to secure our freedom and security, and that doesn't include singling out any group of people because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, or what religion they choose to worship. And I don't know why this requires repeating.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:47 PM

617 posts, read 348,947 times
Liberals seem to emotionally struggle with many things just as children do.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:10 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Perhaps but you also appear just as dense as the other as confused.

I can't speak for liberals, I can only speak for myself and I not in the least bit conflicted on this issue. There is no "certain" ethnic community that in America should be "negatively impacted" by so called national threats to our security, but as I've stated on numerous occasions Muslims do not comprise an ethnic group. Muslims can be Asian, middle-eastern, north African, black, Hispanic, and yes even white so what bloody ethnic group are you referring to? If you can't answer that question your so-called military and law-enforcement experience has been an absolutely meaningless and as far as I'm concern utterly useless in protecting the American public.

Now if you want to talk about taking the necessary steps to constitutionally identify specific individuals, who pose a threat to the American public be they Muslim, Christians, Atheist, or adherents to any violent political cause, I'm down with that. But targeting an amorphous group, because of how they look, where they are from, who or how they worship, how they walk, talk, or think, then we have a problem.

I recognize that it is far easier to succumb to our more base instincts out of fear and suspicion, to take the easy way to security, but that is precisely why the Constitution that conservative so ardently claim ownership of but are so willing to discard when convenient was written; to make it difficult for government to trample on the rights of individuals. As an American, not as a liberal but as an American, I see nothing to be conflicted about. The Constitution establishes what steps as a nation we can and cannot take to secure our freedom and security, and that doesn't include singling out any group of people because of their race, ethnicity, national origin, or what religion they choose to worship. And I don't know why this requires repeating.
I find myself agreeing with this more and more as I get older. Well written my friend. -liberaterian

Old 03-24-2016, 10:12 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Stats are fun that way. We're all more likely to die on the way to and from work than by guns, terrorist, or the mean ole toddlers.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:19 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,027,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
Significant national threats is a fallacy based on disproportionate fear relative to the actual threat. Far more persons are killed and injury by car accidents than terrorism, but yet no one freaks out about cars.

Get a grip. You're more likely to be killed in the shower than by terrorism. Chill the eff out already.

and its extremely rare for a black to be killed by a police officer. almost all of them are killed by other blacks yet there's riots etc. talk about getting a grip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies