Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 11:28 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Does "he" have a vagina?
He doesn't have testicles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2016, 11:29 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
The whole bathroom issue is a no-go on all counts. As long as that is attached to anything, the whole bill needs to be trashed.

As far as the other stuff... firing an employee, or evicting tenants... there needs to be a difference between defending a person's rights versus supporting a certain action or activity. For example - a person ought not be fired as an engineer because of WHO they are. If you are gay, and you come to work every day and do your job - you should not be fired because of that. Now in a context specific job - where one's beliefs are part of what the task involves, a person should not have to violate their own beliefs and hire a person against their conscience.

I am sure there are all sorts of scenarios that can be dreamed up. I don't have all the answers... this is just a starting point.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:30 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Are you going to stand at restrooms to inspect everyone's genitals who enters?

Do you see one in the picture? Are you going to check his underwear to see if he has a vagina?

Whatever is on your driver's license is what is official. How about that?

Old 03-25-2016, 11:31 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
My big problem with this is that New York recently passed a law where:

Quote:
The order requires all city-owned buildings — including schools, city offices and gyms — to allow people to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of the gender with which they identify. Public schools in New York City were already required to allow students to use the facilities on that basis.
Bill de Blasio mandates transgender access to New York City bathrooms - Washington Times

"allow people to use the bathrooms and locker rooms of the gender with which they identify" ?!

You don't think that will be abused by guys pretending to be identified with the female gender so they can enter women's locker rooms?

It's not like they even have to pretend, the law is the law. There won't be some "gender officer" standing outside of the door questoning people. Some guy can just walk in and if anyone says anything : "Hey! it's the law! I identify as female"
Do you know how easy it would be to take pictures or video with a cellphone for some creep who wanted to?

Transgendered people are about what? 0.5% of the population, if that?
I wonder how many women are out there who were previous victims of sexual abuse or rape that don't feel like sharing the bathroom or the lockers with any man who wants to claim he identifies as a female. I'll bet it's a LOT more than 0.5%!!
What about THEIR comfort and consideration for THEIR feelings?

Why do the politically correct always demand that the considerations of the majority have to take a back seat to small minorities?

Old 03-25-2016, 11:32 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The whole bathroom issue is a no-go on all counts. As long as that is attached to anything, the whole bill needs to be trashed.

As far as the other stuff... firing an employee, or evicting tenants... there needs to be a difference between defending a person's rights versus supporting a certain action or activity. For example - a person ought not be fired as an engineer because of WHO they are. If you are gay, and you come to work every day and do your job - you should not be fired because of that. Now in a context specific job - where one's beliefs are part of what the task involves, a person should not have to violate their own beliefs and hire a person against their conscience.

I am sure there are all sorts of scenarios that can be dreamed up. I don't have all the answers... this is just a starting point.
What beliefs say a person cannot work with someone who is LGBT? When it comes to the work place, I would be offended if someone who was hiring me asked my my sexual orientation.

Quote:
No, we shouldn't have people checking drivers licenses at restrooms. Are you going to deny people the restroom if they don't have an ID?

Old 03-25-2016, 11:33 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
It is all so confusing. Why are we into labeling today? Everyone is this and that and feels the need to have an acronym to identify with like the LGBTandQ group. It is crazy. What did transvestite people do 5 years ago before this came to such a head?
I have a feeling that if they were dressed like a woman they would use the ladies room "discretely" meaning they would not cause a big fuss and draw attention to themselves. Today everyone feels the need to be in the spotlight all the time.

On the radio yesterday I heard that this nonsense is spilling over into the prison system. It used to be there was a mans prison and a womans prison but now we have men who identify as women so where do they go? It is a matter of safety for that convict.

The world was a much quieter place before all these "squeaky wheels" came out of the closets making all this noise.
We are talking about a small fraction of the populace but boy are they making a fuss.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:34 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Are you going to stand at restrooms to inspect everyone's genitals who enters?
No, as with any other crime, it will have to be reported
to security.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Many transexuals look like and live as their new gender without having the full surgery so they can't change their BC or drivers licenses. So you will end up with people like in the photo above in the womens room.

Old 03-25-2016, 11:36 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
How about a don't ask don't tell policy here. If you look like a dude use the men's. If you look like a lady use the womens

Old 03-25-2016, 11:36 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
So, if you don't have a problem with your wife, girlfriend, daughter, niece, mother, grandmother using the same bathroom as the person in that picture, then you shouldn't have a problem with transexuals using the bathroom of the gender they changed to. It's really that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies