Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 06:54 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I love how a feminist woman who was raped would NEVER be said to "just have man issues," but a child-free man like me who was beaten and neglected by his mother can be written off as having "mommy issues."
This is actually a very good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 07:20 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
In the case of the elderly, their parents are probably dead.
Why didn't they teach him anything about preparing for the retirement and help him prepare for it mentally and financially before they passed on? That's not some responsible parents, were they - just dump him to the taxpayers to foot the bill?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I love how a feminist woman who was raped would NEVER be said to "just have man issues," but a child-free man like me who was beaten and neglected by his mother can be written off as having "mommy issues."

Yep, because moms are such awesome people: Breaking the Science: 71% of Children Killed by One Parent are Killed by Their Mothers; 60% of Victims are Boys

Bovines are bovines. Simple as that. If said bovine is one of the "good ones" that don't abuse their kids, at least said fat piece of filth can pay her own way.

And yes, I am anti-mom and have a general dislike of women who reproduce. And no, I will not apologize. Those crazy hamster brained imbeciles do not deserve anything but my scorn and spare me, SPARE ME the "not all moms" argument.

If feminist can roll their eyes at "not all men" and black lives matter buffoons get a pass for snickering at "all lives matter," than I can get away with vomiting at anyone who suggests that "loving mothers" do exist. I don't like bovines, never did and never will. I just happened to learn the truth about those things from the ape that pushed me out.

I am truly sorry for the childhood you had. Mine was awful mentally and emotionally, but not physically, so I understand where you're coming from.

Take this in the spirit in which it's intended. Do yourself a favor and love yourself enough to get help. These wounds that can fester within does nothing to change your history and only hurts you.

You're broken - that's why you're angry and filled with hatred. Luckily, that can be fixed if you want to fix it.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Oh, the irony.

When I sent my kids to Catholic school do you think it reduced my property taxes with a deduction for the money going into the public school, which accounted for the largest chunk of my bill? Nope, and I was happy to be a contributing member to society even though my tax bills are on the list of 'highest in the nation'.

You act like someone is going into your wallet and taking money that is yours. They aren't. Every job provides benefits. As I, and others, have pointed out, many times leaves are unpaid - or they're paid until the person runs out of their vacation days / personal days.

If you end up with some catastrophic disease causing the entire group rate to go up, shouldn't YOU be on the hook for the thousands instead of healthy old ME and everyone else?

With your way of thinking, the answer should be yes.
This is like rapist calling a rape just hot sex!

When you passed a law, it IS like someone going through our wallet and taking money that is ours, also with a gun on our head. Do I have the choice of not paying the taxes?

Unpaid leave doesn't mean free to the business. Who's going to do your work when you are away caring for your baby? Who's training and paying for your substitute?

You don't seem to understand the difference between by choice and by chance. You send your Catholic school by choice. By the way, your child care bill is tax deductible - none of my bill is. If by chance, we contacted some bad disease, it's not something we can control. We can't choose that but you can choose not have babies.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This is like rapist calling a rape just hot sex!

When you passed a law, it IS like someone going through our wallet and taking money that is ours, also with a gun on our head. Do I have the choice of not paying the taxes?

Unpaid leave doesn't mean free to the business. Who's going to do your work when you are away caring for your baby? Who's training and paying for your substitute?

You don't seem to understand the difference between by choice and by chance. You send your Catholic school by choice. By the way, your child care bill is tax deductible - none of my bill is. If by chance, we contacted some bad disease, it's not something we can control. We can't choose that but you can choose not have babies.

Oh, poor you!!!!

So getting back to my question - should YOU pay for the rate increase of company insurance if you're the one with the catastrophic illness bumping the rate up?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Public school yes but not really care about public library. Public libraries benefit us as a whole because anyone of us can go to the library.

Insurance companies do charge more for smokers, don't you know that?

I came from a country where maternity leave is 1 year. I have a friend and she had 3 babies 3 years in a roll. She took off a year each time, went back to work, got pregnant again and again took off a year. In that country, unemployment, aka taxpayers, pays the maternity leave but that unemployment doesn't pay me if I decide to quit the job just for my own enjoyment.

I don't advocate from one extreme to another but I do like to see people take up their own responsibilities or at least admit it is morally wrong.

It sounds like you're bitter based on the hand outs of the country you came from.

But not being from the U.S. begs the question - why stay here since you're obviously miserable?

Old 03-29-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Oh, poor you!!!!

So getting back to my question - should YOU pay for the rate increase of company insurance if you're the one with the catastrophic illness bumping the rate up?
It's apple v.s. orange again.

In an insurance case, everyone benefits and disease is not by choice like having babies. In taxation case, only people with children benefit and having babies is by choice.

Now if I shoot myself on purpose causing a huge medical bill, I should be liable for that bill not the insurance company. In case you don't now, in the auto insurance case, when you have one too many accidents or you are at fault, your insurance does go up.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
It sounds like you're bitter based on the hand outs of the country you came from.

But not being from the U.S. begs the question - why stay here since you're obviously miserable?
I have been in US for a very long time.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
It's apple v.s. orange again.

In an insurance case, everyone benefits and disease is not by choice like having babies.

Now if I shoot myself on purpose causing a huge medical bill paid by insurance, I should be liable for that bill.

Healthy people would disagree. Why should I have to pay for people who don't exercise each day or eat healthy food? It's not benefiting me to have to pay more to save someone elses life when they could have chosen a healthier lifestyle.

By the way - you come across as though you think having babies IS a disease. Someones baby will be wiping your behind in a nursing home one day. I do hope you're grateful when the time comes.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I have been in US for a very long time.
If you're as miserable as you sound, it's probably unwise to stay here even one day longer, in that case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies