Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 07:59 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
They are not testifying to anything. That is why they get away with it.
There's a suppression motion that goes with almost every criminal case that isn't pleaded right away. That's where the officer would have to give Terry stop testimony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your argument is that a black teen couldnt possibly have the money to have a Mercedes. I would argue that 99% of teens in general dont have that money, why would you single out a black kid ?????
Common sense? Also if a black or white teen has that kind of money I'd expect a different demeanor and dress. Sorry. I have no patience with people who park common sense at the door.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nope, but i would consider 10 young black men on the same level as 1 0 young white men,

same with 10 Asian grannies compared to 10 black ones.
So you would cower in fear as ten Jewish confirmation students work on a charity project?

Old 03-28-2016, 08:34 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
There's a suppression motion that goes with almost every criminal case that isn't pleaded right away. That's where the officer would have to give Terry stop testimony.
But that occurs only if the Cop scores. How about we have a suppression motion every time the Cop does it and the subject objects? If the Cop does not meet the Terry criteria the subject gets $5,000 for the insult. Make it payable at 25% of the Cops salary until paid off so the taxpayer does not get hit.

Bet you in a week the Terry stops will have gone down by a factor of 10.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:36 PM

This thread, The US headquarters for Jihadis Idiology Exposed, updates and provides further examples of the failure to act with regard to real extremism. People shoot up night clubs while others prattle about aberrant e-mails of a police commissioner.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:39 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
When people were bombing abortion clinics and federal buildings I don't remember anyone calling for profiling of white Christians.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
When people were bombing abortion clinics and federal buildings I don't remember anyone calling for profiling of white Christians.
Only a minuscule portion of white Christians were engaged in this activity. Mainstream Christians also marginalized those involved. The Islamists are not marginalized by their mainstream groups. The most that CAIR will do is abhor "violence in all its forms" or "terror in all its forms," implicitly meaning to join Israel in the same type of activity as those that shoot up night clubs or fly planes into buildings.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:05 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Police can't do their jobs anymore, probably a result of the BAD cops who are not being blasted by the good cops, and the PC police who think everything in life has to be fair, equal, an even playing field.

My kids were both stopped a number of times on what they felt were trumped up charges when they were in high school. Things like didn't stop long enough at the stop sign, etc. They were with their buddies in the car and I'm sure the cops felt something illegal had to be going on.

During one stop they all had to get out of the car, were frisked, had to empty their pockets and the car was torn apart. They didn't do drugs and weren't doing anything wrong, so they just sat on the side waiting. They all said the cop seemed angrier and angrier the further he got, as though he seemed sure he was going to find drugs, alcohol, who knows what. He called for the drug dog to come and sniff out the car and them. Nothing.

They all had longer hair at the time. They were profiled. My response? Oh well. If you don't like it, you might want to think about getting a haircut so it's not down to your shoulders.

Don't insurance companies profile? Isn't that what allows them to charge male drivers more for umpteen million years?

Old 06-21-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
They all had longer hair at the time. They were profiled. My response? Oh well. If you don't like it, you might want to think about getting a haircut so it's not down to your shoulders.
You did the right thing. People need to learn that how they present has consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't insurance companies profile? Isn't that what allows them to charge male drivers more for umpteen million years?
Another great "out-of-the-box" thought that never occurred to me. Perhaps males should tie up traffic and demand insurance equality?

Too bad I can't keep repping your posts.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
I've come to the conclusion that PC stands for psychologically challenged
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies