Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 12:45 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Drum roll please.......

Some people are so focused on criticizing others that they never look into the mirror...
Nah, just pointing out your hypocrisy of defending the indefensible..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
that poster is a complete bigot, and i bet they don't know it. They oppose the oppression of women by American conservatives, and outright prefer the all too common and much worse torture of women across the islamic world.

This is simply idiocy. It is bitterness toward a segment of one's own population by using the logic "your enemy's enemy is your friend." They have no honesty to admit that they just dislike southern conservatives. They have to use the elaborate excuse of womens' rights. Yet they fail miserably by supporting a culture with worse women's rights (and many other rights). It just shows that it's got nothing to do with women's rights. But there is no honesty whatsoever.
I'm not here to apologize for what's happening in the Muslim world. Comprehending internet discussions isn't your strong suit I see.

Listen, every immigrant that has ever landed here in America has had their time being "accused" of not integrating. In the end it worked out pretty well for them & us. Non-Anglo ethnic immigrants have all become distinctly American over time. We have enhanced our culture by absorbing theirs. Precedence suggests this will be no different...

Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,616 times
Quote:
Drum roll please.......

Some people are so focused on criticizing others that they never look into the mirror...
and that describes you precisely. You vent on others, on southern conservatives, while shamelessly refusing to condemn violence and failing to search for cause constructively. You seem morally confused and psychologically consumed by hatred against someone rather than love for someone. You define yourself by what you dislike, what you are not, rather than who you are and what you love. It's reactionary. You come across as someone who has not found internal peace. Amen.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
it's not just an understatement. it is complete bigotry and cowardice.

change positions for the moment. imagine southern conservatives did the violence to the television crew, including outright knocking down a reporter, punching total strangers, all because of the strangers' perceived identity and "otherness." That would be several horrific stages down from requiring voter registration. Would this person still say that southern conservatives have their issues like everyone else? The violence inflicted on the television crew is deprived of humanity. The cowardly avoidance of condemning such violence is a much deeper shame of inhumanity.

Don't get me wrong. I don't support far-right legislations. But what this person said is just nonsense. They have lost their humanity.
Students of history don't have to imagine "southern conservatives" committing violence. All you need to do is pick up a book..

The things you read on the internet...

Old 03-29-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
and that describes you precisely. You vent on others, on southern conservatives, while shamelessly refusing to condemn violence and failing to search for cause constructively. You seem morally confused and psychologically consumed by hatred against someone rather than love for someone. You define yourself by what you dislike, what you are not, rather than who you are and what you love. It's reactionary. You come across as someone who has not found internal peace. Amen.
Seriously? Capping a statement bearing false witness with a declaration of affirmation?

I condemn violence in most cases. I just don't stereotype entire religions and ethnic groups into being fundamentally violent. This is where my opinion and yours parts ways...

Old 03-29-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I'm not here to apologize for what's happening in the Muslim world. Comprehending internet discussions isn't your strong suit I see.

Listen, every immigrant that has ever landed here in America has had their time being "accused" of not integrating. In the end it worked out pretty well for them & us. Non-Anglo ethnic immigrants have all become distinctly American over time. We have enhanced our culture by absorbing theirs. Precedence suggests this will be no different...
I see it striked a cord. You talk like a newbie college graduate who thinks you are smarter than others. You drop uppity insults here and there.

Look. You got the continent wrong. No one is talking about America, in case you haven't noticed. No one is accusing criminals for not integrating. Criminals are considered criminals. Not integrating is fine and it isn't a crime. I'm not sure why you keep tying crime with failure to integrate.

Listen, I'm not here to convince you what type of future Europe will have. It's not your business to "announce" what you think they will have out of your crystal ball. The grown ups here are simply analyzing the problems Europe faces by looking at data and empirical evidence, you know, the type of job that responsible citizens of a democracy ought to do.

You, on the other hand, resort to denial, insults, creating a flamboyant high-school drama. And I see that you are still an angry and arrogant person. Oh, and just FYI, I'm a person of color, and the last thing I want to hear is some white person telling me how you have absorbed my culture. Do you think you have? When do you realize you have absorbed my culture?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM

410 posts, read 398,395 times
Quote:
I'll do you one better. I'm personally friends with quite a few Muslims.
And what exactly does this prove?
I have lived in Dubai, does it make me a policy expert on middle-east?

Quote:
I would be willing to receive 10 Muslims in return for giving up 1 Southern conservative... Muslims have their issues just like everyone else. But I don't see Muslims like Keith Ellison legislating away the rights of women and enacting voter suppression...
I would be willing to receive 1 Chinese/Indian or a bag of compost for every 100 regressive liberals.

Quote:
Muslims have their issues just like everyone else. But I don't see Muslims like Keith Ellison legislating away the rights of women and enacting voter suppression...
Have you devised a method which allows you to differentiate between a Keith Ellision and a Farooq Syed?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:02 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,659 times
Quote:
Students of history don't have to imagine "southern conservatives" committing violence. All you need to do is pick up a book..

The things you read on the internet...
And yet I didn't see where you were defending them or claiming "Well, they have their issues like anybody else".

In fact you just said in an earlier post that you would trade 10 Muslims for 1 of them.

See the irony or contradiction yet?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Have you devised a method which allows you to differentiate between a Keith Ellision and a Farooq Syed?
Keith Ellision is an African American congressman and Farooq Syed is not. I'm not sure where you're going with this one...

Old 03-29-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Seriously? Capping a statement bearing false witness with a declaration of affirmation?

I condemn violence in most cases. I just don't stereotype entire religions and ethnic groups into being fundamentally violent. This is where my opinion and yours parts ways...
No you do. You generalize entire regions of the U.S. and entire groups. Did you catch yourself doing that?

This is not where our opinions part ways. I made it clear that violence should be condemned and investigated for its cause. You know, the thing people do with southern conservatives' violent history.

You, on the other hand, took a thousand years to squeeze the few precious words like you condemn violence, and with a discount, only "in most cases." I guess violence on a southern conservative would be the exceptions....? just kidding here.

Yet, my main take on you is that you need to calm down. Talk like a grown up. Don't embarass your fellow liberals. The point is that deep down you do not take violence seriously when it's done by people you prefer, unlike those you hate, a point I've made before. For you, who cares. If you want to take in more muslims than southern conservatives, you can certainly do that. No one cares what you do and no one wants to know. In fact, more minorities (myself included) is completely in our interest.

One last suggestion: Don't ever try to outcompete a minority on minority issues, your interests always come in last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies