Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2016, 08:03 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times

Advertisements

I don't support black lives matter. But I unlike most non-supporters, I also don't like police. So I agree that the state, meaning the police are a wholly corrupt wing of the US government. And as such, police should be rightfully scrutinized. Police brutality is a real issue, and I feel that America has gained an acceptance of the state shooting unarmed citizens. It is a bad state of affairs when US Citizens come to the defense of the state shooting unarmed citizens.

But I also have an issue with black lives matter. Their agenda seems to be centered around begging the government for rights. Now keep in mind, this is the same EXACT government who is taking rights away. Yet, you feel that somehow being disruptive and asking the government for rights is a positive thing to do. It is the illusion of a "fair government". There is no such thing as a "fair government". Government only can give you one thing, and that's privilege. And as such most BLM protesters are really asking for privileged not freedom.

So what is fair? What's fair is NO police force. As far as I can tell, police really don't have a constitutional right to even exist. And what gives the US government the a monopoly on law enforcement anyway? There is no reason why private citizens can't work to prevent crime. I feel that each neighborhood and community do a BETTER job at policing themselves than the police could. The main problem is that since people have been told to rely on police, we don't rely on ourselves. If anything neighborhoods are worse due to police presence not better.

There is no such thing as fair government. The only thing you can have is NO government. Black Lives Matter is just another plea towards the religion of statism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies