Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 08:51 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
What are these racist statements that blacks make about whites? That they have gotten away with
You really get off on reinforcing negative stereotypes, don't you?

Old 04-02-2016, 09:17 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
He may be. But even jackasses can have valid viewpoints. The biggest jackasses are those who refuse to even consider the viewpoints of others.
Wow.. Pot.. Kettle... Black

Old 04-02-2016, 09:30 AM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You've already lost this argument.

Blacks have defended O.J., Michael Brown and Rodney King.

In two of those cases there were riots.

Whites have not rioted in defense of any white criminals.

??

Oh whites might not like the social safety da guberment but they sure do like their authoritarian da guberment, and I rarely see them protest it.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Oh whites might not like the social safety da guberment but they sure do like their authoritarian da guberment, and I rarely see them protest it.
Whites have founded the least authoritarian, most democratic governments of all.

But pray, tell us all about all the free, democratic and non-authoritarian governments in Latin America, Africa, the Middle East and Asia.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
The white guy pretending to be black wins again.

The guy is good at what he does. Just wish he was productive or useful outside of writing article after article on the same damn topic.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:43 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You really get off on reinforcing negative stereotypes, don't you?
What did I negative stereotype did I reinforce.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Leonard Jeffries and Al Sharpton have made racist statements against whites and have gotten away with them.

I'm not going to do your research for you.
You made the claim so pull out all the receipts.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
1. Black privilege means having the same likelihood of being admitted to an elite university as a white person with an SAT score 310 points higher than you, or an Asian person with an SAT score 450 points higher.

2. Black privilege means that your race can be over represented in something (NBA, 100M) and no says that it's a horrible problem that needs to be fixed.

3. Black privilege means you can get dreadlocks, sing opera or country music, open a Mexican restaurant, or wear blue jeans and not be accused of cultural appropriation.

4. Black privilege means that "thug" and "ghetto" have racial connotations and should not be used, while the use of words like redneck, white trash, trailer trash, and hillbilly is not only perfectly acceptable, but encouraged for use in virtue-signaling.

5. Black privilege means negative comments about people in the inner city or cities like Detroit are racist, but negative comments about people in rural Alabama are not.

6. Black privilege means that you're allowed to criticize a black president without people assuming you're racist.

7. Black privilege means you're not held responsible for things that other people did before you were born.

8. Black privilege means that people assume you're poor because of racism, not because you're stupid or lazy.

9. Black privilege means corporations want to hire you to boost their diversity numbers.

10. Black privilege means that white people don't know what it's like to be black because they have no experience being black, but you can be an expert on what it's like to be a white person who experiences white privilege.

11. Black privilege means that you can object to negative stereotypes of your race or racial double standards without being condescendingly told you suffer from "black fragility"

12. Black privilege means you can write or speak poor English and anyone who criticizes you for it is racist

13. Black privilege means that stereotypes that your race is better at something are not considered racist.

14. Black privilege means that people actually make the claim that it is literally impossible for you to be racist

15. Black privilege means being able to comment on something without people ignoring your argument and instead responding with "says the white man"

16. Black privilege means that you can say or write condescending things towards white people without being accused of "blacksplaining"

17. Black privilege means that you can move into a neighborhood without being labeled a gentrifier, and can move out of a neighborhood without being accused of white flight

These are just a few examples. Black privilege doesn't mean you didn't work hard for what you have or things were handed to you based on your skin complexion.

This list is not vast or lucrative, and non of this that you listed stemmed from racism or oppressions. As a matter of fact it is the result of and outcome of Rascism and Opression. Your "Black privileges list is proof that negativity from White America can work in your favor. If Rascism didn't exist and if there was so much discrimination in the labor market we wouldn't need laws saying company's have to have a certain percentage of diversity in the work place.

The one that really stuck out to me was cultural appropriation. There is a difference between culture appropriation and culture appreacition. It's no secret whites have stolen most genres of music and tried to pass it off as there own. Country music stems from Blues And folk music which was created by African Americans that don't belong to white people!!!!! But you took and ran with it. So yes we have right to sing country because it initially belong to blacks.

Same thing with Hockey The roots of modern Canadian hockey originate, in large part, from the influence of an even more surprising source, that of early African-Canadian hockey. For it was Black hockey players in the later half of the nineteenth century whose style of play and innovations helped shape the sport that you see today. So I don't know why people be so surprise to see blacks playing hockey today.

When it comes to hair white news articles and fashion magazines will take a black hairstyle we have been rocking for decades and just because whites are doing it.. It's all of a sudden trendy and they make it appear as something they created. Where is the cultural appreciation why can't a black person be on that cover representing this "New Trend" lol

Affirmative action policies have " hurt" white people are greatly exaggerated.

When someone claims that white people are now on the losing end of opportunities in the U.S., I am astounded. I sometimes laugh especially when I show them stats. Let's be clear white women have benefited the most from affirmative action.

But even if something like "black privilege" exists, it cannot be counted as same as any other privilege. It also does not mean that those people are seriously advantaged because of having it. They may have some benefits, but when you're a minority, those privileges become overshadowed by the wants of majority.

So this list was a epic fail lol because none of it has an effect on society. Racism by whites can affect many because they are the majority and because they hold the most power. So miss me with this tired list

Old 04-03-2016, 08:53 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Affirmative action policies have " hurt" white people are greatly exaggerated.
This is ridiculous.

Since you claim to have Ontario roots, you must be aware of the short reign of the Bob Rae led Ontario New Democrat Party from 1990-1995. For our American friends, the NDP is Canada's most left-wing party who's social policies are often compared by right-wing Canadians to Marxism. Among one of the first social reforms the NDP instituted was an affirmative action policy for all government employed civil servant positions. This included not only lowering the academic and physical bars so that lesser qualified women and minorities could increase their visibility in police forces and fire departments, but it also included racial policies that rivalled some of the worst discrimination seen since the Deep South of the 1950s.

My sister's boyfriend graduated college in 1991 after successfully completing Seneca's Fire Safety program. His intent was to become an arson investigator. After graduation, he was dismayed to find out that although Ontario was suffering a very bad recession at the time, that the available jobs in this field were only going to be given to visible minorities, regardless of academic standing. This not only applied to the fire and police departments, but was instituted across all Ontario civil servant positions until it was repealed by Mike Harris and the right-wing Ontario Progressive Conservative government shortly after election in 1995.

Imagine if today YOU were to successfully complete a college program that cost you thousands of dollars and were then told "sorry, these jobs are only for white folk". You would have your panties in a knot so tight you'd be singing soprano for the next 25 years.

So please, don't tell me affirmative action does not hurt white people. It is not only demonstrates an astounding ignorance about the effects of racism in general, but is intellectually dishonest and extremely hypocritical given your general opinion on the matter.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
This is ridiculous.

Since you claim to have Ontario roots, you must be aware of the short reign of the Bob Rae led Ontario New Democrat Party from 1990-1995. For our American friends, the NDP is Canada's most left-wing party who's social policies are often compared by right-wing Canadians to Marxism. Among one of the first social reforms the NDP instituted was an affirmative action policy for all government employed civil servant positions. This included not only lowering the academic and physical bars so that lesser qualified women and minorities could increase their visibility in police forces and fire departments, but it also included racial policies that rivalled some of the worst discrimination seen since the Deep South of the 1950s.

My sister's boyfriend graduated college in 1991 after successfully completing Seneca's Fire Safety program. His intent was to become an arson investigator. After graduation, he was dismayed to find out that although Ontario was suffering a very bad recession at the time, that the available jobs in this field were only going to be given to visible minorities, regardless of academic standing. This not only applied to the fire and police departments, but was instituted across all Ontario civil servant positions until it was repealed by Mike Harris and the right-wing Ontario Progressive Conservative government shortly after election in 1995.

Imagine if today YOU were to successfully complete a college program that cost you thousands of dollars and were then told "sorry, these jobs are only for white folk". You would have your panties in a knot so tight you'd be singing soprano for the next 25 years.

So please, don't tell me affirmative action does not hurt white people. It is not only demonstrates an astounding ignorance about the effects of racism in general, but is intellectually dishonest and extremely hypocritical given your general opinion on the matter.

Miss me with your Post. It's irrelevant to the USA

First I don't have Canadian Roots lol although I know the word was also known as Canada Reservation. It wasn't until 1961 that it was being used in the states. So since we are referencing what's going on in the United States of America whites in the STATES.claim it is effecting them. They are over exaggerating that.

Affirmative actions in the States has helped more white women than anyone. So don't tell me this isn't True for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Why did we have to have affirmative Action in the US ? Let me answer that for you

affirmative action, in the United States, is an active effort to improve employment or educational opportunities for members of minority groups and for women. Affirmative action began as a government remedy to the effects of LONG-STANDING!!! DISCRIMANATION!!( which still goes on today) against such groups and has consisted of policies, programs, and procedures that give preferences to minorities and women. Hmmm I wonder what Minority group was mostly being discriminated against???? I'm sure you can answer that.

And actually millions of blacks experienced those same things when it came to not being able to attend certain schools etc when they finally decided to integrate the schools blacks caught so much hell for it.

There were also things that weren't covered under law that could get them killed though.
Talking back to a white person, accusing a white person of a crime against them, a black man talking to a white woman, sometimes trying to vote in some places, showing any kind of equality to a white person....all those things were completely legal for them TO DO, but do at endangerment to their very lives and the lives of their families.

The goal is equality amongst all races and it's a shame that in 2016 we still have to have these conversations. They aren't going away until the issue is fixed.

Last edited by Staysean23; 04-03-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies