Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 07:13 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,733,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I don't care if 99% of other young black males are responsible for 99% of the violent crimes. I, an individual, am responsible for 0% of violent crime in this country, and should be treated as such.

If no other race should have to "answer" for their race's actions, then I shouldn't have to as a black male. I have as much control over other blacks as you do over your race. None.

Everything in this country seems to be about individuality or unity, until it involves a minority.
You are correct, you shouldn't have to answer for crimes committed by other black people. Similarly, white people living today should not have to answer for slavery. No one should have to answer for things they didn't do and didn't contribute to, period.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:38 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Read it for yourselves. It was in the New York Daily News.

KING: White privilege in America means no consequences - NY Daily News
I just now took the time to read this article.

There is no way this man is not some kind of government agent. That sounded 100 percent contrived, like an onion article.

This is being staged.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
1. You children Have the Privilege of Finding Children’s Books that Overwhelmingly Represent There Race.

2. You have to ability to learn about your race in school and it being the Core curriculum while minorities history is an elective.

3. You Have the Privilege of Soaking in Media Blatantly Biased Toward Your race. Whites are usually labeled Troubled kid while blacks teens are usually labeled thug.

4. You Have the Privilege of Escaping Violent Stereotypes Associated with Your race. Even though white Americans have committed so atrocious crimes currently and throughout American history.

5. You Have the Privilege of Playing the Colorblind Card, Wiping the Slate Clean of Centuries of Racism. Which I see lots of people on city data doing this. That's how I know they are white.

6. Your young teenage kids can wear and act however they like without being labeled a thug, low life, gangster. Even though you have plenty of white teens imitating Hip hop culture wearing certain hairstyles now that most blacks been ridiculed for.

7. White privilege means not having to worry about your hair, skin color, or cultural accessories as the reason you didn’t get a job. It's not secret there is discrimination within the labor market.

8. Having white privilege means people will never label you or your entire race as terrorist. Even though whites have done some terrorist like things. Like sandy hook and columbine High school attacks.

9. If you benefit from white privilege, you’ll never be told to “get over slavery.” They want you to get over slavery but want you to remember 9/11. You won't tell Jews to get over the haulocast

This is just a few examples. White privilege doesn't mean you didn't work hard for what you have or things were handed to you based on your skin complexion.
1. Black privilege means having the same likelihood of being admitted to an elite university as a white person with an SAT score 310 points higher than you, or an Asian person with an SAT score 450 points higher.

2. Black privilege means that your race can be over represented in something (NBA, 100M) and no says that it's a horrible problem that needs to be fixed.

3. Black privilege means you can get dreadlocks, sing opera or country music, open a Mexican restaurant, or wear blue jeans and not be accused of cultural appropriation.

4. Black privilege means that "thug" and "ghetto" have racial connotations and should not be used, while the use of words like redneck, white trash, trailer trash, and hillbilly is not only perfectly acceptable, but encouraged for use in virtue-signaling.

5. Black privilege means negative comments about people in the inner city or cities like Detroit are racist, but negative comments about people in rural Alabama are not.

6. Black privilege means that you're allowed to criticize a black president without people assuming you're racist.

7. Black privilege means you're not held responsible for things that other people did before you were born.

8. Black privilege means that people assume you're poor because of racism, not because you're stupid or lazy.

9. Black privilege means corporations want to hire you to boost their diversity numbers.

10. Black privilege means that white people don't know what it's like to be black because they have no experience being black, but you can be an expert on what it's like to be a white person who experiences white privilege.

11. Black privilege means that you can object to negative stereotypes of your race or racial double standards without being condescendingly told you suffer from "black fragility"

12. Black privilege means you can write or speak poor English and anyone who criticizes you for it is racist

13. Black privilege means that stereotypes that your race is better at something are not considered racist.

14. Black privilege means that people actually make the claim that it is literally impossible for you to be racist

15. Black privilege means being able to comment on something without people ignoring your argument and instead responding with "says the white man"

16. Black privilege means that you can say or write condescending things towards white people without being accused of "blacksplaining"

17. Black privilege means that you can move into a neighborhood without being labeled a gentrifier, and can move out of a neighborhood without being accused of white flight

These are just a few examples. Black privilege doesn't mean you didn't work hard for what you have or things were handed to you based on your skin complexion.

Last edited by EugeneOnegin; 03-30-2016 at 08:43 PM..

Old 03-30-2016, 08:18 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySofiaLila View Post
Shaun King is the male Rachel Dolezal. He's trans-racial or something.
I really don't mind it if people want to change the gender or the race that their DNA made them. Good for Caitlin (Bruce) Jenner. It doesn't really hurt anyone if someone changes their gender or race.

However, I do think there is an issue, when a white person changes their race to black to simply enhance their career, play up fake racial victimhood that almost certainly didn't happen to them, and then refuse to take a DNA test after their family comes out and says that they are white.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:24 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Oh child that link has nothing to do with American history. America was suppose to be an area where people fled those kinda things yet they embraced it.

What is this mythological concept that the world began with American history? The US was Eden all along? The naiveté of a child and its idealistic concoctions are endemic to you. The Providence Island colony of good intentions was a pirate haven ....The United States was and is, and the better part of it was enlightened self interested. Yours is as dim as the bottom of a well on a moonless night.

Quote:
Not only did they embrace it but you also continued into the 19th century with oppressing blacks.
My family arrived here in the 20th century, and it was not even a former slave state oh presumptuous witless wonder. You responsible for the Liberia fiasco where American freed slaves enslaved the indigenous of Africa and then wrecked the country? We American whites and you American blacks..? Your as guilty as a fat cat near an empty bird cage.

Former American slaves played oppressive role in Liberia's past | theGrio
A national holiday in Liberia, Pioneers Day is controversial because of the historically tense relationship between the so-called “Congoes” (Americo-Liberians, who are 2.5 – 5 percent of Liberia’s total population of 3.5 million) and “country people” (indigenous Liberians). The Americo-Liberian elite’s historical faults are sizeable: denying citizenship to indigenous Liberians until 1904, denying full voting rights until well into the 20th century; one-party oligarchic rule for 133 years; lack of property rights, and forced labor which “prompted a League of Nations investigation”:http://library.lawschool.cornell.edu...aw/Slavery.cfm; and poor leadership focused more on nepotism and kleptocracy than producing wealth to develop the country.

My guess is the collective guilt does apply in this case because it is not consistent with the evil white wizard mythologies.

Quote:
Lynchings bombings and Rape continued. Institutional Rascism still exist boo boo. Whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Many black Americans grandparents uncles aunts etc still have those awful memories from the early 40s 50s and 60s
Yeah, adversity.....There are some opinions on that throughout history...Something about fitness...

The only reparations due to black America that have any credibility would be what has since been done to them since the 60s. A lot of oppression keeps you down. A little make you stronger. Becoming a dependent class destroys you .

Welfare Statistics – Statistic Brain

Kind of a contrast to a recurring theme, misguided in some cases but emenently more respectable.

http://islamicblessings.com/upload/A...amic-World.pdf
The Russians have treated us well. There is more and more wealt
h everywhere. The
Muslims have become rich, but we have paid for it, because the soul of the Muslim has
disappeared. The body rejoices, but the soul is corrupted. That is why the voice of
heaven told me to liberate the Muslims from this sad wealth which signifies the end of
the reign of Muhammad and of his law.

Of culture wars and Mongol hordes; Of immigrants and kings

After us, the people of our race will wear garments of gold; they will eat sweet, greasy food, ride splendid coursers, and hold in their arms the loveliest of women, and they will forget that they owe these things to us.
-Genghis Khan

Bonaparte and the Chassid - Tales from the Past
Rabbi Schneur Zalman actively supported the Czar against Napoleon during the Napoleonic Wars, both on the celestial level, intervening on high for a Russian victory, and by down to earth methods such as the Chassidic spy of our story. Rabbi Schneur Zalman was of the opinion that while Napoleon's plans of "emancipating" the Jewish community may bring respite from the harsh Czarist decrees and improved material conditions, this is but the glittering veneer of forced assimilation and spiritual genocide. The Rebbe's contribution to Russia's victory was recognized by the Czar, who awarded Rabbi Schneur Zalman descendents the status of "An Honorable Citizen For All Generations." Five generations of Chabad Rebbes were to make use of this special standing in their work on behalf of the Jews of Russia.
The Internet Classics Archive | Agis by Plutarch
When the love of gold and silver had once gained admittance into the Lacedaemonian commonwealth, it was quickly followed by avarice and baseness of spirit in the pursuit of it, and by luxury, effeminacy, and prodigality in the use. Then Sparta fell from almost all her former virtue and repute, and so continued till the days of Agis and Leonidas, who both together were kings of the Lacedaemonians.

Chapter 31 of The Decline And Fall Of The Roman Empire
If at any time, but more especially on a hot day, they have courage to sail in their painted galleys from the Lucrine lake(40) to their elegant villas on the seacoast of Puteoli and Caieta,(41) they compare their own expeditions to the marches of Caesar and Alexander. Yet should a fly presume to settle on the silken folds of their gilded umbrellas, should a sunbeam penetrate through some unguarded and imperceptible *****, they deplore their intolerable hardships, and lament in affected language that they were not born in the land of the Cimmerians,(42) the regions of eternal darkness.
But what do I know. After decades of reading history on a daily basis I am sure I could learn so much more from your propaganda photo collection.

Quote:
I've given plenty of information on what white priveldge is. we wouldn't need Civil right laws if everyone acted like civilized an decent human beings. There wouldn't be affirmative action if people learn to treat folks equally.

By all means keep pursing your form of excellence. Keep a cutin and a pastin. When the wind blows another way, the land owners are killed, the field slaves live in another's pen, but the educated slave was always a welcome and well treated acquisition.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Shaun King stole from black people going through tragedies. Him and the Deray's of the world are a disgrace.

Sometimes its not always the point thats being made but who's telling it and how they're articulating it. If your focus 24/7 is race you'll look for racism in everything.

I sympathize to true racism and its effects but if your black and think that a hand is coming you will truly become a "victim."

Black Lives Matter was a fraud co-opt of The Movement started by the youth for ALL races. Facts.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:32 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

There is no way this man is not some kind of government agent. That sounded 100 percent contrived, like an onion article.

This is being staged.
An agent of destruction for the people he claims to protect. Also a perfect cover to blame the the economic disparity on race. Race problems are concentrated on the lower classes aka, "not the elites fault". No need to look at the structural barriers that protect an economic class and their entrenched passive wealth generation scam of banking and real estate ...and then some.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:46 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
So...did white people riot in the streets when that POS was arrested? Did they riot and burn down neighborhoods when the government "murdered" Tim McVeigh?

Old 03-30-2016, 09:47 PM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

This is being staged.
Or an Obama press conference.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...did white people riot in the streets when that POS was arrested? Did they riot and burn down neighborhoods when the government "murdered" Tim McVeigh?
If they did, I was not aware of it. You're asking me this why, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies