Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 08:24 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

It is really sad.

I think there should be a balance somewhere. No one should paint any group of people with one broad brush, but at the same time, people should be taught Situation Awareness: Proceed with Caution.

This said, I think this lady was a very compassionate person. My heart goes out to her family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 09:17 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
We have to extend tolerance to those you call, 'yall and Bbs. Was this woman's lesson lost on you?
NO ONE is tolerating what these terrorists are doing.

Learn the DIFFERENCE and quit being obtuse.

What people in this thread are essentially saying is, "You don't think like I do? Then you deserve to/I don't care if you die".

I didn't learn anything, I only confirmed what I already knew about certain people.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:29 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is really sad.

I think there should be a balance somewhere. No one should paint any group of people with one broad brush, but at the same time, people should be taught Situation Awareness: Proceed with Caution.

This said, I think this lady was a very compassionate person. My heart goes out to her family.
I can agree with this. There are much better, less insolent ways to get your message across.

For goodness sake, there's a family getting ready to bury someone they loved, who happens to be an American, and posters are using this as a, "See, I told you so!" moment.

Disgusting.

Old 03-30-2016, 10:12 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Proof that conservatives are some unsympathetic sons of *******.

Just because she didn't want to condemn every Muslim doesn't mean she deserved to die. The fact that you disrespect the victim here speaks volumes about your lack of decency. Shame on you.

So there Conservatives have a group identity where few can represent the population but in no way do acts of terror represent the underlying fabric of their society?

Can you explain how it is that a few foul mouthed Conservative represent an entire ideology but these acts of terror don't?

There is certainly a category of Conservative that I don't like, well quite a few really, but their feelings or words are of no consequence. Sticks and stones....

The two civilizations are not compatible. Two dogs trapped in their instinct to fight must be separated.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 03-30-2016 at 11:16 AM..

Old 03-30-2016, 10:59 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So there Conservatives have a group identity where few can represent the population but in no way do acts of terror represent the underlying fabric of their society? can't you explain how it is that a few foul mouthed Conservative represent an entire ideology but these acts of terror don't?

There is certainly a category of Conservative that I don't like, well quite a few really, but their feelings or words of of no consequence. Sticks and stones....

The two civilizations are not compatible. Two dogs trapped in their instinct to fight must be separated.
Unfortunately the one that turns entire countries into third world s-holes is the fastest growing religions in the world. Considering the atrocities committed by the founder of this evil cult I cant believe we even consider it a religian.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:07 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Invading Iraq under false pretenses, propping up dictators, and destabilizing the region simply ISN'T a good reason for Muslims to be angry.
Trust me, I'm just as upset as you that Clinton and other leading Democratic leaders planted and spread the lies about WMDs in Iraq. I'm also just as upset about you that Bush invaded. I'm also just as upset as you that Obama keeps it going by bombing people over there.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:23 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Unbelievable. This woman is dead, this woman was an American and this woman was a victim in a heinous crime, that y'all claim to care about.

Yet here you are disrespecting her and the family in mourning, because she's liberal. No wonder this country is falling apart. Bipartisan boners.

Just when I thought people on C-D couldn't stoop any lower.
Nicely stated but as you can see you are wasting your time.

Sad that such a decent person was killed.

Old 03-30-2016, 01:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is really sad.

Rep for that. There is a middle ground here that is lost in these debates. The truth almost always lies somewhere in between the two extremes. Somewhere between "All Muslims bad" and "Toddlers are more dangerous than Islamic terrorists".

Old 03-30-2016, 01:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
The message, dated Nov. 16 and written by Sascha Pinczowski, 31, read: "Ignorant spreading of anti-Muslim sentiment and propaganda does nothing but benefit ISIS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Unbelievable. This woman is dead, this woman was an American and this woman was a victim in a heinous crime, that y'all claim to care about.

Yet here you are disrespecting her and the family in mourning, because she's liberal.
I guess you're not seeing the irony of it all.

Look at the brights side: She became a martyr for Allah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I guess some folks in here would have cheered her death too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Oh if only we had had more tolerance and love for the Nazis ...
Have you hugged a NAZI today?

Old 03-30-2016, 03:43 PM

991 posts, read 629,011 times
Fanatics who murder people over cartoons aren’t likely to appreciate you because of your fawning tweets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies