Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:13 PM

548 posts, read 470,418 times

Advertisements

I bet the Republican party wishes they had super delegates right about now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 02:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,801,567 times
I think the Republicans will look to copy the Democrats and make their nominating process less democratic next time around. It gets less attention if you remove the democratic process throughout the primaries then if you do it at the convention.

I read an article the other day where many Bernie supporters admired the way the Tea Party was able to to upset the establishment and gain influence even though the Tea Party and Bernie supporters agree on practically nothing. A Clinton nomination may well spur a Tea Party like rebellion among Democrats. Fun times!

Old 03-30-2016, 02:23 PM

11,999 posts, read 12,861,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Super Delegates do not represent the "people" they represent the Democratic Party, that's why there are Super Delegates.
So you are admitting the DNC is biased toward a specific candidate? And see nothing wrong with that?

You are aware that the primary is to pick the Democratic nominee, right? Why would the superdelegates go against who the people of their state have chosen to represent the Democratic party?

Old 03-30-2016, 02:50 PM

799 posts, read 704,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Meeks is telling the world that he is siding with a criminal who will probably be indicted.
With the corrupt zero-bumma administration, she wouldn't be indicted if she shot and killed 25 people on national TV. Party over country is the driver in today's world.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:58 PM

19,725 posts, read 11,971,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Meeks is telling the world that he is siding with a criminal who will probably be indicted.
Birds of a feather. He has had some shady/corrupt dealings over the past decade.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,628,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Alaska voted for Bernie with 82% of the vote-yet this Superdelegate is going against the will of the people she claims to represent. It really is a sham.

A Bernie Sanders Supporter Confronted a Superdelegate
But super delegates - by definition - do NOT represent the voters of their state.

No sham involved, that is exactly what it means to be a super delegate.

If you are a registered D, and don't like this system, the remedy is straight forward. Go for it.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:08 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,287,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
So you are admitting the DNC is biased toward a specific candidate? And see nothing wrong with that?
There's nothing to "admit" this hasn't been a freaking secret. The names of the Super Delegates and who they endorsed has been public information since before the first primary!

Quote:
You are aware that the primary is to pick the Democratic nominee, right?
Actually the primary is to elect delegates to the Democratic national convention.

Quote:
Why would the superdelegates go against who the people of their state have chosen to represent the Democratic party?
Super Delegates represent the Democratic Party, their decisions were made well before any primaries or caucuses and are an important part of the party's process of winnowing out weak or deranged candidates (See Donald Trump). This is has it has been for decades following the debacle of the Carter and McGovern presidential campaigns.

I have no idea why I have to repeat this over and over again!

Old 03-30-2016, 03:12 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,502,919 times
Both parties are being exposed for the rackets they are.

Sheep don't care.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:14 PM

7,572 posts, read 5,287,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
With the corrupt zero-bumma administration,
When you write about corrupt administrations, the Obama administration doesn't make the top 20. Based upon indictments and convictions the Obama administration has light years to cover in order to match the records set by the Nixon and Reagan administrations.

Care to match the Obama record against Reagan?

List of Reagan administration convictions.

Do I need to even list Nixon's?

Old 03-30-2016, 03:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,628,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupBro View Post
I bet the Republican party wishes they had super delegates right about now.
Yup.

People have been asking all along why Trump chose to run as a maverick R, when, based on his past opinions, he could just as easily have run as a maverick D.

I think there are two likely reasons - both speculation on my part, I am not privy to the inside workings of Trump's mind (for which I am DEEPLY grateful) -

1) He commissioned some private polling, showing that his themes would resonate more with registered Rs than registered Ds.

and/or

2) He hired a political consultant who explained the voting rules, and pointed out that the R party rules offered him more operating room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies