Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 12:16 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO the same thing to me, what's the "difference" in your eyes? I'm being serious here.
Diversity is the idea that people from different background unite under a similar shared culture. For example people can be Christan, Islam, Jewish, BUT they can all unite in the USA if they share the same values of capitalism and freedom. I would use my own pet terminology to say people of a microculture (like Islam, or Hindu) can unite under a meta culture. Capitalism is a great way to cultivate different cultural perspectives for economic advancement.

Multiculturalism is the issue. It is the government and the state trying to somehow create policies that accomodate all cultures. In in this way it become a matter of conflict. In general multiculturalism is bad, as we've seen in many different countries. It's not a push diverisity as much as it's a push to compete within cultures. So when you see blacks blaming whites and whites blaming blacks. Or Christains blaming muslims, or muslims blaming Jews. What we have HERE is multiculturalism. The competition of different cultures and values to dominate government policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 12:39 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Diversity is the idea that people from different background unite under a similar shared culture. For example people can be Christan, Islam, Jewish, BUT they can all unite in the USA if they share the same values of capitalism and freedom. I would use my own pet terminology to say people of a microculture (like Islam, or Hindu) can unite under a meta culture. Capitalism is a great way to cultivate different cultural perspectives for economic advancement.

Multiculturalism is the issue. It is the government and the state trying to somehow create policies that accomodate all cultures. In in this way it become a matter of conflict. In general multiculturalism is bad, as we've seen in many different countries. It's not a push diverisity as much as it's a push to compete within cultures. So when you see blacks blaming whites and whites blaming blacks. Or Christains blaming muslims, or muslims blaming Jews. What we have HERE is multiculturalism. The competition of different cultures and values to dominate government policy.
I catch what you mean; tho in most places "diversity" means "ethnicity". Like a dude with a Black parent but born and raised in Ireland to me is "Irish", same as the Irishman whose whole family's been there for 10 generations.

Old 04-01-2016, 12:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Not initiating force to attempt to accomplish something??

Ok wise guys...hand over your statist membership cards.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Africa is increasingly diverse. And has been for awhile. Sure black people are overwhelmingly the majority, but they've had immigrants from Europe, China, and India for decades now. China is becoming more and more diverse, and that is why their economy is flourishing. Foreign investment and business has taken the country to a level it has never seen before. Now in living within China, I hear there are number of issues in them accepting people into the country as citizens. But I think China is well overdue for a big social uprising, and I think we'll see a more diverse China.
All lies. There is zero significant diversity anywhere that you mentioned. China has no plans to become more diverse. It is a nation for the Chinese.

Quote:
Now we can look at Japan. Now Japan has done well economically. But today they're no longer a great economic model to follow. Japan has suffered due to a dearth of new ideas, and it has a rigid social and economic system. I feel Japan could also benefit from a little diversity.
Most liberals do. But the Japanese are smarter than you.

Quote:
Diversity increases a company's bottomline. Period..
Yes, I'm familiar with that earnest diversity propaganda. Though, the politics of nations are much more complex than "the bottom line".

Quote:
New ideas come from different people from different backgrounds. .
And new ideas come from people of the same background. Unquestionably, the most successful countries per capita are homogenous.

Quote:
If America had been an all white paradise, it wouldn't have the prosperity it has today. And I don't think anyone would deny that.
Oh, sorry, I don't agree with rhetorical fallacies.

Quote:
If you don't respect diversity, you have to at least respect the money it brings in.
Well, if you really, really, really hope that to be true, with all of your heart and might, then perhaps one day an HR director and a "diversity consultant" will agree with you.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:11 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
It's beautiful because logically when you run a business. The more diverse
Nope Libertarians are very much on the right. Libertarians believe in individualism over everything. And individualism falls in line with capitalism. You can't have individualism and have communism. The two concepts are completely incompatible. Libertarians believe in freedom of association. I believe strongly in freedom of association.

Nope. You're clueless when it comes to politics, across the board. You don't know what conservatism or communism is. I'd venture that you can't adequately define anything on the political spectrum. Individualism and communism are absolutely compatible, and even necessary for one another to occur. You're on the bottom floor of political understanding. Last, libertarians often rant against nationalist and religious groups who, in exercising their freedom of association, exercise their political power as a group.

Now you'll come back with some basic objection that will be politically wrong. I don't have time to tutor you today. Thinking is your friend.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Diversity, is having friends, not enemies.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Or they just knew better.
Explain.

Again, you want it both ways. You say that diversity shouldn't be forced, but you get mad and wanna stop it when it happens organically.

I know how you feel, and that's too bad. You feel besieged and scared. But that's your problem. I'm on the other side of the argument, and my side has no reason to be scared.

Old 04-02-2016, 07:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Let's face it diversity stinks and the solution is integration so we all become more alike, less diverse...the melting pot.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:01 AM

39 posts, read 43,709 times
Diversity is code word for White Genocide.

Here is a little quote to say whenever you hear an Anti White talking about how awesome "Diversity" is.

"whites are oppressors
non whites are victims
race doesn't exist
but you love racial diversity
and celebrate our differences
because we are all the same
so let's destroy diversity
by mixing together
but only in white countries."

The fact of the matter is that if you look at who pays the taxes and who consumes the benefits, who is allowed to enter the US legally, who enters the us illegally, and how many children they all have, you see a sickening trend, and that is that primarily White people are being taxed to directly subsidize their replacement by impoverished, uneducated non whites who will never assimilate. They out breed us. They disproportionately collect welfare benefits of all kinds, direct and indirect (be sure to include the outrageously expensive public schools and hospitals which they use as primary care).

Liberals will cheer on White Genocide because they believe that White people are locusts who must be exterminated. Don't believe me? Just watch some "White Guilt" videos on youtube.

Diversity is code word for White Genocide. It is happening in America. It is happening in Europe, and it is happening in Australia. We will soon be like South Africa where whites are slaughtered like a chicken on a farm, and worst of all, our parents and grandparents have welcomed it lovingly with open arms.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:12 AM

854 posts, read 586,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguars010 View Post
you create diversity without force when you stop spending all your time discussing it like so many people do on this forum.

it's happening by itself. 13 percent of all marriages in 2013 were between members of different races. in 2016 it'll probably be 15-17 percent.

I thought it already was 15%? After all, there is the website We Are the 15 Percent. That had to come from somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies